CH-28 Tempest Festival Day 4(Part 1)

Rimuru's POV

Today was the say that the battle tournament would begin. The arena I had made Geld construct was massive to say the least. There were enough seats for atleast 50000 people. There were also gigantic screens showing everything happening in the arena to the people outside via optical magic. The arena has 2 layer magic barrier to prevent the audience from getting hurt. The seats could majorly be divided into four categories. One for the royalties of different countries where me, Gazel and a few other were present. These were of course of the highest quality. These seats could not be reserved no matter how much was paid. Then there were seats for nobility and rich merchants. The next one were for common people and were highest in number. They were affordable. The last was a open area where people could stand and observe. It was made free to spread the popularity of the arena.

I was waiting in the VIP section with Shion and Testarossa as my bodyguard. Diablo was to be the referee while Souka would be the announcer. Souei said that it was alright for her face to be revealed as this would allow them to move in the light a bit as well. Also Souka was quite good at hiding her face. Souka then announced the participants. They were
1.Geld
2.Gobta
3. Lion mask
4. Equix
5. Bovix
6. Masayuki
7. Jinrai
8. Gaiye

These 8 were going to battle in a 1v1 until only one of them stands. Masayuki, Jinrai, Lion mask and Gaiye had been the ones who had been elected via the battle royale yesterday.

Geld and Gobta participated from my side. Equix and Bovix were the head of
Mezu and Gozu tribes. I had named them and decided that they will be guardians of the 50th floor of the labyrinth. To end their 100 year enmity they will have one last battle in the arena after which they will both become my subordinates. Lion Mask was well Carrion, to be blunt. Jinrai is a party member of Masayuki. Masayuki on the other hand.
"Diablo, did you obtain any information on Masayuki?"
"No. It appears that his other teammate fought everyone and then yielded to him."
"I see."
Shuna was not here today. This means that Masayuki's skill will make a play. But this will allow Raphael to analyze his abilities as well. So it was a risk worth taking. I then magic to make my voice louder.

"First of all. Congratulations to all of you who managed to make your way into the tournament. Masayuki, as my subordinate had told you, if you manage to win this tournament, I will let you battle me. Jinrai, what so you desire if you win?"
"I will not win, demon lord. I will concede to Masayuki."
"Is that so? Very well. As a symbol of your respect to Masayuki, I will give you an armor piece. I am sure it will be beneficial. Whether you take it or not, just because of me being a demon lord is your choice."
"Then I will like to take you up on that offer."
Even though he looked like a shabby and wild man, he was quite polite.
"Oi, why don't you give that armor piece to me? Let me fight you and I will show you just how weak you are." Gaiye said. I could sense killing intent from behind me. Killing him will not do as everyone is watching.
'Stop. Both of you.' They stopped releasing their killing intent.

"So there are still idiots like you, huh? Very well. If you win this tournament, I will fight you. So your best to survive human."
"My name is Gaiye."
"You are not noteworthy enough for me to remember your name. Also take an advice from me. That attitude of yours will get you killed here in Tempest. You might have been strong amongst humans, but you are nothing but a mere bug in front of the truly powerful."
It seemed like he wanted to say something more, but I didn't want to hear his bullsh*t. So I continued speaking.
"What do you desire Lion Mask?"
"I only came here to fight someone strong and find myself a worthy rival."
"Is that so? If you win, you may ask me for a favor at a later date." So he got forced to fight here due to Milim huh? Bad luck Carrion. He can't use his full strength or skills as people would recognize him.

Souka then continued. There were to be 4 matches today. 2 before the lunch break and 2 after it. The matchups were as follows
Match 1:- Geld vs Lion mask
Match 2:- Gobta vs Gaiye
Match 3:- Equix vs Bovix
Match 4:- Masayuki vs Jinrai

After the introductions were over, Match 1 started. Even though Carrion is a former demon lord, he cannot use any of his signature moves, so this might just be a close fight.

"I wish you a good luck for this fight." Geld said in a slow tone. I guess he had guessed who he was and decided to talk politely.
"You too. I hope it will be a fun fight." Carrion said.
"Very well. We will start in 3 2 1. Now." As soon as he Diablo started the battle, Carrion dashed at Geld and tried to punch him. He was not using any of aura or spear as they could get him recognized, so Geld was able to block his attack with his sword. Geld counter-attacked with his sword but Carrion dodged and made some space between them. They continued to exchange hits for a few minutes riling up the crowd at many instances. Finally, Geld made a move that could be called his last resort. As soon as Carrion attacked, he used his Chaos Eater to hold Carrion in place. Carrion had faced this attack for the first time and was caught off guard but he recovered within a second. Geld did not let this go. He charged at Carrion with his shield. He attempted a shield bash. Even though the shield hit Carrion, Carrion used Gelds momentum against him and managed to push Geld out of the arena.

"Enough. Lion mask is the winner of Match 1. The next match will begin in 10 minutes."

Geld and Carrion shakes each other's hand and vowed to fight later as well.
I looked around the arena and couldn't find Shizue, Hinata or the children. It seems like they are not interested in this rather they are enjoying playing and eating. Good for them. I wonder when was the last time me and my sister went to a carnival or something and took a break from our jobs.

Ten minutes have passed and the match between Gaiye and Gobta began. Gaiye dashed straight at Gobta. Gobta blocked it with his short sword and made some distance. He continued to run away while Gaiye kept cursing him and telling him to stop.

'Gobta, Hakurou will come in about five minutes. If he learnt you took so long against a swordsman, I am sure Hakurou will train you.' I lied to him.
'Ehh? I will finish this now Rimuru-sama.'
He said. I wonder what he will do. Suddenly a black mist came in between Gobta and Gaiye. Ranga was standing in the mist.
"Do you really think a dog like him can defeat me ?" Gaiye shouted and rushed at him. Meanwhile Ranga just sat there on his rear leg and use his front paw to smack Gaiye out of the arena.

"That's it. The winner is Gobta." Diablo announced.

Ranga then came back into my shadow. I didn't allow the executives to participate. The fact that he did not disobey my order or break the rules of the arena and still managed to fight shows that he planned this for a while. I guess I will leave him alone for now.

After that was the lunch break. The lunch was a Japanese course. Everyone was busy discussing the matches and making predictions about the coming ones. I wonder who will win amongst Bovix and Equix. Raphael had experimented while naming them. Due which Bovix had obtained Ultraspeed Regeneration. Which means that Equix will have to defeat him one hit. Meanwhile Equix obtained《Limiter》, a spacial skill that allows the user to have control on nearby space to some extent. It can be useful to defeat people weaker than the user. But against someone of equal strength, it will only distract the opponent for some time. But that simple lapse can be a fatal mistake. I wonder which of the two will win.

-------------------
Part 2 will be coming tomorrow. I hope. Anyhow enjoy. Like and follow me. Thanks for your support.