CH-77

3rd Person POV

After listening to Rimuru's order, the entire battlefield started to change. The one to whom they had swore their loyalty, the one who was their ruler and their greatest ally, had told them not to hold back.

All the monsters now unleashed their pent up strength. Their aura, which they had controlled to prevent damage to the town, now run rampant. The amount of magicules in the air surged.

After listening to Rimuru's order, another order from Benimaru came.

'We are abandoning the original plan. Show the enemies the true strength of Tempest.'

"Everyone, show them your true strength. I will leave the riders to you, Gobiichi." Gobta said as he transformed into a large wolf like monster after unifying with Ranga.

"What about you, Testarossa-san?" Gobta asked. After seeing a part of her strength, Gobta realized just how terrifying Testarossa is.

"Since we are allowed to do whatever we want, I will go and enjoy myself." Testarossa said as she gracefully bowed, after which she just walked away.

Then came the nightmare for the Imperial army. Ranga, who was now covered with Ranga's tough fur was completely immune to the weapons of the Empire. He started running through the lines of tanks and throwing and thrashing them, just how a child would throw his toys around in a fit of anger.

"What a monster...."
"Run away."
"Aah. Save me. Sav-"

Some were just too shocked to run away, some tried to, but it appeared to be futile, while most of the ones close to Ranga died. To continue the onslaught, Gobta attacked with Dark lighting. The tanks made of iron only acted as conductors allowing even more tanks to be caught in the magic. This magic was obviously not enough to take down the tanks as they had anti magic measures, but the infantry wasn't that lucky, as not even their ashes remained.

But that was not all. The damage to the tanks was not finished, or rather, it had only begun. The lightning had made the equipments hot. Rather, too hot. So hot that, that the people were forced to abandon their tanks. Those who managed to escape were lucky. Those who couldn't escape died when their tanks exploded due to high temperatures.

Meanwhile....

In the sky, Gabiru and his squad was also playing along with the plan to act as if they were losing, so that they could force the opponents to bring out their trump cards. His subordinates were going through the blunt attack of the Flying Corps for what Gabiru called an 'Endurance Test'. Yet, for most, this was nothing but hell.

But, as soon as Rimuru's order was received, everything changed.

"Everyone, get ready to fight at full power. The Test ends here." He shouted.

'Thank God.'
'We are finally free.'

This was what was going through the minds of those who were forced to take this 'Test'. They would rather fight at full strength and fall to the ground after completely exerting every last ounce of their strength rather than take these attacks without a reply.

"Everyone. Activate 《Dragon Body》and make sure you don't lose your sense of self."

This intrinsic skill of Dragonewts makes them extremely ferocious and increases their offense, defense and speed tremendously. The only drawback is that one can lose their self if they are unable to control. It for this reason that they had never used this skill. But now, they decided to go all out. Due to the help of Midray, they have gotten some better grasp on it, yet whether anyone loses his consciousness can only be waited to be seen.

The dragonewts started getting bigger, using the nearby magicules to create a larger body. Their muscles swelled and the bluish-purple scale now turned jet-black. As for the main question, no one had lost their sense of self. Each and every member of Hiryuu had managed to maintain his sense of self.

"Gwahaha. Good job everyone. Now. Everyone must take down atleast one airship." He screamed as he released his Vortex Crash. The Vortex cut through the magic defense of the ship just like how a hot knife slices through butter. The airship then came tumbling down. The others started to attack the ships in groups to take them all down. It was at this moment that the prey and predator switched.

Meanwhile, on the supply lines of the Empire's forces....

Thousands of goblins were lying in wait to attack the supply lines of the Empire. In the grand scheme, this was not that important as they had already decided to kill everyone head on. But, it was not without reason that Rimuru had ordered them to fight. The reason was simple. The tanks won't have unlimited ammunition. If the supply lines is cut off, the tanks would lose their meaning and he enemy soldiers will be forced into a dilemma.

Secondly, Rimuru had a keen interest in this 'magic tank'. He had seen many in his previous life, though only in museum or in special ceremonies. Yet, these tanks were fundamentally different. So, Rimuru wanted to learn more about these magic tanks.

Hakurou was trying to give everyone courage and telling them how to act on the battlefield. It was at this moment that Rimuru's order was heard by all. The monsters, who were afraid and scared, now felt a warm feeling permeating through them. These few words from Rimuru were enough to be a source of endless courage for them.

In matter of minutes the attack began. The rifle that the soldiers were devastating, but Rimuru had already prepared a defense. Unlike arrows, bullets don't form an arc. So, it was sufficient for only the first row to carry a shield thick enough to prevent any bullets from reaching the others. It was at this moment that even more problems arose for the Empire. Stray fire from not only their own tanks, but also from the battle at other places caused chaos. This made it even more difficult for the Empire's soldier to survive, racking up the casualties.

General Faraga was currently in a bind. Nearly a hundred dragonewts were no match for the Flying Corps. Yet, now that they had transformed, they were each over A-rank. They could all be classified as Hazard, or even Disaster class if they were strong enough.

"What are those?"
"There power levels are off the chart."
"They are completely immune to magic. And if that wasn't enough, their leader is nearly ten times as strong any other monster on the battlefield."

As Faraga's aide fell into confusion, Faraga reached a conclusion. A wrong one at that, but as they say, ignorance is bliss.

"Everyone, fire the Magic Cancellors at full power."
"But.."
"What?"
"We might hit some of the airships."
"So what? Their leader must be Veldora. That must explain why he is that strong."
"I-I see. That would also explain why they are immune to magic."

The dragonewts were not immune to magic, just highly resistant to it. And the canons of the empire weren't enough to pierce their barrier.

"Exactly. Losing a few airships to kill Veldora and his followers is a great result."
"Understood."

Nearly 80 ships fire the magic Cancellors at full power on their target. All the magicules in the air got purified. This caused the airships to fall to the ground and erupt in flames. The airships which were only flying with the help of the magic now fell into the clutches of gravity and fell to the ground. Most of the dragonewts were also forced to land due to the lack 9f magicules, yet, Gabiru was still standing strong.

"Haha. With this Veldora is dead. It is only a matter of time." Faraga declared.
"True. The wish of his Majesty will finally be fulfilled."
"Long live the Empire."

His aides continued to support and butter him up as they confirmed that Veldora, or in reality Gabiru, was unable to move.

"Take out some wine. We should enjoy."
"That's right."
"I will go and bring the most vintage one."

"Can I have one as well." A young girls voice rang through the eardrums of everyone in the airship.

---------------

I hope you guys like it.