CH-90

The next day....

As I was sitting in my office, I thought about what to do. Dealing with Guy should be fine, but how should I deal with Velzard.  The moment I asked Veldora, well, he just hid in his room. Just how traumatized is he? Anyways, now that my paperwork is done, i finally have some free time.

As I take some time to go around the city, Moss appears in front of me suddenly.

"Rimuru-sama, Guy-sama has arrived."
"Is that so? I will go and meet him."

After nodding, he left. Just like Souei, he doesn't speak much, does he? Oh well.

I teleport outside the room where it was decided that Guy would be brought. As soon as I was outside it, i could hear voices from inside.

"-s this? This is delicious. Mizeri,  Rain, do you guys know how to make this?"

Looking at the tone of her speech, and how she is addressing Rain and Mizeri, she must be Velzard. I slowly knock on the door to let them know I am coming,and then open the door. Guy was sitting on the couch with an exhausted face, meanwhile Rain and Mizeri were standing behind the couch. But the one who caught my attention was the white haired girl sitting beside Guy. She had a plate on her left hand, and a fork in her right hand and her mouth was stuffed with what I assume was the cake that Shuna made.

As soon as she realized that I had entered, she sat down properly, swallowed the cake she was chewing, and gave off a dignified aura. So she is Velzard?

I then proceed to sit down opposite to Guy.

"Nice to meet you. I am the Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest, and the ruler of this nation." I say, introducing myself to Velzard.
"Ah! Yes. I am The Frost Dragon Velzard. Feel free to call me Velzard."
"I see. It is nice to meet you, Velzard-san."
"Likewise."

I then proceeded to look at Guy.
"So what do you want?"
"Nothing. Just some small talk." He said. The nerve of him! But when i look at him again, i understand what he meant. He was glancing at the other three in the room. Looks like he wants to talk alone.

"Ah! By the way Velzard-san, I heard that you liked the cake that Shuna made a lot."
"Yes. It was quite delicious."
"Is that so? Then why don't you take a few more according to your tastes. I then ordered theaid nearby to call Shuna.

Once Shuna arrived, i introduced her to everyone.

"This is Shuna. She was the one who made the cake. Shuna, this is the Frost Dragon Velzard."
Shuna and Velzard both greeted each other.

"Shuna, why don't you Velzard-san to Yoshida's shop so that she can take a few cakes according to her liking. Also, could you teach Mizeri and Rain how to bake a cake."
"Understood Rimuru-sama. Velzard-sama, please follow me."
"Very well." Soon the four of them left, leaving me and Guy alone in the room. As their footsteps slowly resonate through the silent room, Guy finally decides to speak.

"Thank God you managed to understand what I meant."
"Leave those things for later. What did you come here for?"
"To congratulate you. Good job on defeating the Empire."
"Stop beating around the bush. I know what type of person you are. You wouldn't have come all the way here just for that."
"Looks like you are really impatient."
"You don't know when they will come back after all."
"True. So let's get to the point. How did you make your subordinates evolve? I gave Mizeri and Rain a hundred thousand souls, yet they didn't evolve."
"That's a secret. All I can say is that it is because of my skills."

I had already thought about what to tell him. Raphael also agreed with me. Since he already knows about one of my Ultimate Skills, it is better to use it the most and hide my other skills, especially Raphael.

"*Sigh* I would have given you a long lecture about how the power balance is broken, but I am sure you wouldn't have listened anyway. So, do me a favor and evolve Mizeri and Rain, will ya?"
"Nope. I can only evolve those who have a soul corridor with me."
"The hell are you saying? Your Ultimate Skill Beelzebub can do it just fine. Don't you dare lie to me."

Wait, can it?
<Affirmative. It can be done, though the efficiency might be affected. I have already analyzed the subjects Rain and Mizeri. To completely evolve the both of them, 200,000 souls would be required.>

Is that so? I guess I can ask for more souls then. Somewhere around 500,000. That way, I can evolve those three as well.

"I guess. But it won't be free, you know."
"What do you want?"
"What do you have to give?"
"Aren't you a cunning one. Well, from what i know about you, you would rate information higher than good, won't you?"
"Isn't that obvious?"
"Fine. Two questions. I will answer whatever I know about them. One for each of them." He said pointing to the Mizeri and Rain, who could be seen from the window. Looks like they are coming back from Yoshida's shop.

"Fine. But you are providing the souls."
"Alright. How much."
"Around 500,000."
"Alright."

As soon as he said that, he transferred a little more than 500,000 souls to me.

"Just how many souls do you have?"
"A lot. Had no use for them after I evolved."
"*Sigh* whatever. I will evolve them. Anyways, i will ask my question now."
"Only one."
"Huh?"
"One now, and one after you defeat the Empire."
"The hell do you mean?"
"It's just to make sure you don't join him."
"Fine. And aren't you a bit too sure that i will win?"
"You can pull it off. Rather, if anyone can pull it off, it is you."

"So. Here's my question, what do you know about the 'Voice of the World'."

"Isn't that quite an odd question."
"Is it? Who knows? For someone like me, apart from magic, the most bizarre thing is the Voice of the World."
"I guess so. Fine. Even I don't a lot about it, but i will tell you what i know. The Voice of the World is a part of a large system. To be exact, it a third part of it. I heard Veldanava say that the entire world is governed by a system. This system has three parts, one is the Voice of the World, second is the World Barrier. This world barrier is what this realm from the others. And lastly, the reincarnation system. It mainly makes sure the souls are properly reincarnated and that there is nothing wrong with anyone's souls.

Anyway, the Voice of the World mainly controls the skills of every single person who has lived on this world. Unique skills are unique to every individual, but the same is not true for Ultimate skills. Most Ultimate Skills are named after individuals who have left their mark in history. For example, the Sin and Virtue series. They are all the same. No matter who attains those skills, their name will be the same, but how that person uses that skill will change."

"Is that so? Well, was there a time when these system were not there."
"Should I treat this as the second question?"
"You can, if you answer right now."
"Fine. This is your second question, then. There was a time when the Voice of the World was not implemented. But the other two had been there since the dawn of creation."

"I see. This is has been informative."
"What are you even going to do with such information?"
"Who knows. Well, it's time for me to fulfill my part of the deal." I say looking at the door as Mizeri and Rain enter the room. It looks like Velzard didn't return as she is still eating cakes.

---------------------

I hope you guys like it.