CH-67

"So?"
"Rimuru, just who are you?" Hinata asked.
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"Don't play dumb with us. Since when is a dragon supposed to be something living. Isn't a dragon supposed to be a mythical creature?"
"Huh? What are you saying? I am a dragon, you know. Even Veldora is. What is wrong with you? Did you hit your head somewhere?"
"Not in this world. I am talking about our old world. You are from Earth, aren't you? Then how come there is a dragon?"

What? Impossible!! How do they know?

<It seems a part of Master's soul had been taken along with Chloe in the time loop. Hence they were able to see a part of your memory. Though the part has returned to Master, so rest assured>

Why did you not tell me this till now?
<Because I thought it was nothing important.>

No. Raphael. How is this not im-. You know what never mind. I am never winning against you in an argument anyway.

"Fine. Follow me. I will tell you. This isn't the place to talk about this. By the way, don't tell anyone else. If you were in my old world, you would have been killed to silence you." I say, standing up.

I then go out of the room and head towards the labyrinth. Both Chloe and Hinata follow me silently. Surprising. I thought Hinata would be against this, shouting that she wanted an answer right then and there.

As we walk through the city, I see a few families outside, enjoying the slightly cool breeze. They greet me and I greet them back. Some nocturnal monsters also live in Tempest, so Tempest enjoys a bustling night life as well. I mean, aren't the Direwolves a nocturnal race as well?

We then reach the labyrinth and head to my room on the floor 107. As soon as I entered, the entire lights turned on. Raphael was not there. I had already told her to hide herself.

"What is this? These things are..."
"They seem to have come out of a sci-fi movie."

Hinata seemed skeptical entering the room, meanwhile Chloe entered as if a child had been entranced with a new toy.

"Sci-fi movie? I guess that is an accurate description for you."
"Huh? So you made these?"
"Sort of . First, sit down, and I will tell you."

We all sit down. The sofa was in he opposite direction of the entire machineries that Raphael was making. If someone told me to make them, there is no way I could. I could use them as if I was breathing air, but making them? Nope. Not happening. I am really grateful to Raphael for that.

"So. I will give a brief summary of the history from 2030's till 2169, or was it 2170? Not sure."
"Wait. So you are telling me that you lived a hundred and fifty years in the future?"
"Sort of. Anyways, let's get to the point."

After that I tell them the history of what happened.

Chloe's POV

We sit down as Rimuru starts to tell us his story. No matter how much I search my memories, I never heard about his past life, till now. In no time cycle have I known about this. This timeline is truly an anomaly. Maybe, just maybe, this might be it.

"Alright. Long things short, in 2032, a wormhole opened up in 7 places across the world. Well, it would be easier if it was called a warp portal. After coming here, I have better understanding of magic, so I know now that it is called a warp portal. But, back on Earth, it was called wormhole."
"Wait, a warp portal, like the one in Yuuki's office?"
"Yep. Now, don't disturb me when I am speaking. So, when these portals opened, monsters flooded out of it. At first they were mindless monsters, but soon they started getting more and more intelligent. The portals opened in 10 different places. One in China, India, Australia, France, Japan, USA, Brazil, South Africa and in Antarctica. Most countries fought back, but the western half of the world fell by 2035. The reason was that a leader class monster had appeared. It could lead the mindless monsters and unite them. Guns had a hard time against it. He came out of the portal in USA which was called 'Nightmare'. While the monster wreaked havoc in the western world, the portals in the East calmed down. So India, China and, Japan led a cooperated movement to find a way to solve this problem. Each country sent about 20 explorers into their own wormhole. Till 2037, both, North America and South America had been destroyed and the monsters had reached Africa by swimming. The only saving grace was that nearly 80% of monsters died by drowning or naval fire. But Africa fell soon enough as well. Till 2037, monsters had taken over central Asia as well, isolating Europe and the rest of South East Asia. For the next 2 years a long fought war happened. They were only able to hold on because the monsters were fighting on two different battlefield."

Rimuru then stops and stands up and gets a glass of water for the each of us. As I was processing all this, I look at Hinata-nee. She seemed to be deep in thought. No. It was more like that she was trying to prove Rimuru wrong, but Rimuru has no need to lie. And also, because of me becoming a hero, I can also judge when someone is telling a lie. And Rimuru wasn't lying.

Rimuru puts a glass of water in front of us and sits down.

"Let's continue, then. 14th November, 2038 was called the Day of Hope. The exploration squad sent by China and Japan returned. With them, they brought the knowledge of magic and important information on how to kill the monsters. Normal guns struggled against them, yet a bit of magic was enough to enhance the bullets. This changed the tide of the war. Humans were no longer on the defensive. But, an all out attack was not initiated until 5 years later, in 2043. While Japan and China continued to develop magic, India had a different mindset. They believed that humans should develop their technology instead of magic. And they did exactly that. In 2043, a single duo managed to take down the entire monster herd in Central Asia and reconnected South East Asia to Europe. This duo of a girl and a boy, did not live long. Their names were lost to history, and so were any proof of their identity. But, the girl did bear a child, which she gave birth to and died. Both of them died because their genetic condition was unstable."
"What does that mean?" I ask. What does genetic instability mean? A genetic disease, maybe?
Rimuru looks at me for a second and then sighs.

"Human experiments."

Huh? They experimented on humans?

"Isn't that cruel? How could they do that?"
"Desperate time calls for desperate measures."
"How can you say that with such a straight face?" Hinata screams.
"Because it has nothing to do with me."
"Huh?"
"In World war II, many were killed and gassed. You might have sympathy for them, but that's it. Same goes for me. This happened nearly a century before I was born. Anyway, the boy managed to reconnect Europe and South East Asia and drove back the monsters. He had a perfect balance between magic, technology and skill. He managed to recapture the entirety of Asia and drove them back all the way till Africa. In Africa the boy and the girl,after giving birth together fought against the leader of monsters. His name was dubbed 'Demon'. The battle continued for 2 days and ended up killing all three of them. The monsters now, were easy pickings, left without a ruler. The magic that the explorers brought with them was able to seal the wormholes. In 2056, all the wormhole apart from the one in Antarctica had been sealed. The human race started a modest recovery, yet there was another problem. A lot if resources were destroyed. Humanity wouldn't have survived if things continued as they were. So, a new plan was devised. The wormhole which was in Antarctica which was only discovered in 2053, would be put to use."

--------------------

How was it? Hope you guys liked it and enjoyed. The lore will have one more chapter I guess, maybe two? Not sure.