CH-34 After the Festival

It's the day after the festival. I look out of the window. So cruel. Just yesterday this place was bustling with activity and now everything has gone silent. I guess this is how it feels when something you liked comes to an end. This reminds me of the feeling I used to have when my favorite anime came to an end. Well, I still have one more problem to deal with.

I am going towards a room from where a lot of noise could be heard.
"Geld, only come in when i tell you, okay?"
"Hai, Rimuru-sama." Shuna was standing right behind me as I was overhearing everything going on inside the room.

"Pay us up."
"That's right."
"You said you will pay us today so we waited. Pay us our dues."
"Please wait. We can pay you in anything besides Dwarven coinage. Can you please wait for a few minutes for the issue to be sorted."

And so on. It looks like Myourmiles and his friends are doing quite a hard job. Just as I was about to enter I heard something interesting.

"Everyone calm down. Take a few deep breaths. I, Duke Meùse, representing Ghastone can assure you that even a kingdom of monsters will not go back on their words. Am I correct Myourmiles?"
"Yes that is exactly correct."
"Then I will like you to pay all these  merchants according to the international regulations of the Western Council."

I finally decided to enter. Shuna, sensing my mood opened the door and I entered. The merchants were a bit shaken but managed to retain their calm.

"Myourmiles-kun, I heard there was some problem. What is it?"
"Ahh. Yes, Rimuru-sama-"
"That is, Demon lord Rimuru, I Duke Meùse, of Ghastone was just assuring that your country Tempest will pay us."
"Huh? Did I ask you? I am pretty sure I asked Myourmiles." I say releasing some of my aura. I could see visible sweat running down Meùse's face.
"Is that true Myourmiles? "
"Hai. Rimuru-sama."

"Then pay them already. We have a lot of wealth anyway. What is the problem."
"The fact is-" I glare at him again and he shuts up.
"I permit you to speak, Meùse." I say.
"Ah. Yes. The fact is according to the international regulations of Western Council, these merchants want their payment in Dwarven coinage."
"I see. By the way Meùse. What is this international regulations of 'Western Council'." I say specifically emphasizing the words Western Council.
"Well, that is a regulation between the Wester Countries who are a part of council-"
"Let me stop you there Meùse. Are we, Tempest, a part of the Western Council?"
"That is..."
"Let me tell you. We are not. There is no need to pay you in Dwarven coinage. But I understand that you merchants weren't expecting this. So as such, I am willing to sell you special merchandise that will only be available now. If you want to trade for it, step ahead."
As i say this, the merchants look at each other. After a few seconds, three merchants, two male and one female, stepped ahead. The others looked at them as they were being betrayed.

"Demon lord Rimuru-sama, we would like to accept your offer." They said.
"Very well. Could you please stand there, aside from the others." I said pointing to the side.

"What is the meaning of this? Are you saying that you will not pay these merchants?"
"When did I say that? Geld, come in. Diablo, you too."
As soon as i say that, Geld comes in with a large table with nearly 2000 gold coins on it. Diablo came in with a lot of reporters. They were majorly from Farmenas but some were from other countries. They had the looks on their faces as if they were about to catch the scoop of the year. Meanwhile, Geld put the coins on a nearby table.

"This is?"
"Dwarven coinage. Just as you wanted. Myourmiles pay them."

"Forgery is a crime, Demon lord Rimuru."
"Huh?" He shivered after seeing my discontent.
"Appraise it if you want."
"Then excuse me." Another person, who appeared to be the Appraiser said so.
"These are real."
"So I guess these should be enough."
"Ahh. Yes. Yes. Now that you have paid us we would certainly like to continue trading with you. We look to forward it."
"Don't. Now that we have paid all our dues, Tempest will not be doing any trading with you." I say.
"But why? We trust that you will repay us."
"That is the point. Trust is a two way road. When Myourmiles said that we would pay you, did you trust him? Anyway. It was a pleasure doing business with you. From now on, you all are banned from trading with Tempest. I am sure these reporters will tell your home countries about all of this. Well, it was nice meeting you, Duke Meùse." I say and start to leave.
"Oh right, Shuna, take those three and let them choose anything they want from my personal collection."

My personal collection was a collection of high grade weapons. Some were even legendary grade. It also contained armors and dresses from Shuna's store.

I then leave and go to meet with the kids. *Exhausted sigh* Raphael said that this would be the correct choice. I hope so. I then finally reach the room where the children were staying in. They were living in one of the most luxurious hotel in Tempest.
I knock and enter. This was the boys room. Kenya was still asleep, Ryota was washing his face and freshening up. Meanwhile Gale was cleaning the room up.

"You don't need to that Gale."
"No. I would like to this Sensei."
"Whatever. When you guys are done come downstairs to the restaurant. Also bring Shizue and the girls. Oh. And wake Kenya up. It is about to be noon."
"Hai."

I say that and go to the restaurant on the ground floor. Seeing me the waitress got quite flustered.
"R-Rimuru-sama. H-How can we help you?"
"Nothing. I am just here to have a chat with someone. You can continue your work."
"Hai." She suddenly changed. I guess she was afraid that someone might have done something wrong.

Some time later, the children along with Shizue came down.
"Sensei." The children came and I hugged them. Especially Alice and Chloe.
"Did you enjoy the festival with Shizue?"
"Hai. We had a lot of fun with Shizue-sensei."
"I see. Well, there is good news for you all."
"Good news? What is it?"
"Well, you all are going to stay and receive education here in Tempest."
"Really? We need to quickly go and pack everything."
"Hai hai. Wait. I will take you to Ingrassia so just calm down."

After that I take them to the school in Ingrassia. The kids quickly ran in to pack their stuff. Meanwhile me and Shizue were left outside.
"What do you want to do Shizue?"
"Huh? What do you mean Rimuru-san?"
"Will you stay in Tempest or not. Well, I have a perfect job if you decide to stay in Tempest."
"That is?"
"Teaching those kids."
"I see. Then Rimuru-san, could I live in Tempest?"
"Of course." I say. After some time the kids come back and we go back to Tempest. Their schooling will start in one week so I told them to get used to Tempest.

------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed. The chap is not that good. I know. Well my health isn't as well. Oh well. I hope you guys enjoy. Like and follow.