CH-84

3rd Person POV

Both Kumara and Kansas look at each other. Just a glance was enough for Kansas to realise who Kumara was.

"You are that fox pup I sold to Clayman, aren't you?" Kansas asked in a time full of confidence.
"Oh? So you remember me. That makes things easier for me."
"So you are still alive? I thought you would be dead. Well, you should thank me that I let you live."
"YOU..." Kumara shouted as three of her tails transformed into magic beasts, the Ape, Rat and Rabbit."

Just as they were about to attack, they were stopped by three figures. Just like them, they were an Ape, Rat and Rabbit.
"Dark Ape? Why? You were loyal to mother. So why? You two as well."
"Don't even think about it. They are now my pawns. They don't remember anything about the past." Kansas said as he took out a cigar and lit it.

"But, I have to say. You have become stronger. Why don't you serve me, instead of that newbie demon lord. I might even make you my right hand."

Hearing this, and the observing the confidence Kansas had in himself and his power, which belonged to her mother, only infuriated her.

"You..... YOU BASTARD." Just as Kumara yelled, all her remaining tails except the one that represents her turned into beasts and attacked Kansas and his minions. Kansas, who was caught off guard, quickly regained his composure and released two more of his minions.

"Hahaha. I have to say. I am quite surprised that you got this strong. But this is better. Now I can kill you and make myself even stronger." Kansas said.

What he said wasn't wrong. His unique skill «Plunderer» allowed him to summon the shadow of any adversary he had defeated. Of course, there is a limit on how many can be summoned at a time, yet this skill is not one to be taken lightly.

"Do you know why I sold you?" Kansas asked.
"Huh? Don't try to act tough."
"I am not just acting, I am much stronger. Well, anyways, the reason I sold you was because I have an even stronger pawn." Just as Kansas said that, a dark shadow appeared in front of Kumara. Seeing the shadow, her eyes went wide.

"M-Mother?"
"That's right. With her in my arsenal, there is nothing you can do." Kansas replied confidently.

"I see. I am sorry mother, I couldn't do anything back then. But now I am stronger. Rimuru-sama gave me this power. And I will use this power to protect everyone close to me. So, please look after me." Kumara whispered. Her voice were inaudible to Kansas.

Kansas was caught in a dilemma. Kumara had grown too fast. Not only that, she had managed to acquire all 8 tails. Even her mother could only acquire 5 of them after thousands of years of training. Now, he had to bring his trump card out. But, he was sure that if he and Kumara's mother worked together, beating Kumara would be a breeze. Though that might have been true, we will have no way confirming it.

Before Kansas could even react, Kumara's arm, which now became a sharp claw, pierced through her mother's heart. Slowly, the shadow started disintegrating into nothing.

"Good job. Live your life to protect those who are close to you. And, don't misuse your power." Kumara's mother said, as she slowly disappeared into nothing.

Hearing her mother speak one last time, tears rolled down her cheeks. She tried to control them, but failed miserably. It took her a minute to gain proper control of her emotions. Now that she had freed her mother, it was time to avenge her.

"I never told you my name, did I?"
"N-Name?"
"That's right. My name is Kumara. Remember it in your afterlife." Just as Kumara said that, she cleanly sliced his head off. She then walked away, leaving Kansas's dead body to be absorbed by the dungeon as nourishment.

Meanwhile... Floor 79

Mintz, who had just beaten Apito walked through the gate. He was not the first one there. In front of him were three more people. Just as those three realized that he was there, they got up to introduce themselves.

"I am from the 26th division of the armmored cor-" one of them was saying, but was interrupted be Mintz.
"Tell me the truth. There is no way a random soldier would have survived. Who are you?"
"Haha. As expected of the General Minitz. I am Krishna, ranked 14 in the Imperial Guard."
"So those two are.."
"I am Bazan."
"Reiha." The two reply.

"So you infiltratated the army to monitor the invasion?" Mintz asked.
"That is correct sir." Krishna answered.
"I don't know what to think of your honesty. Well, this mission definitely failed. We underestimated this demon lord too much."
"That is correct, sir."
"Well, let's not think too much about what will happen once His Majesty learns of this."

"True. We must get out of this hellish place first." Krishna and Mintz continued to talk with each other. While talking, Mintz looked around.

The entire place was a vast grassland, with nothing to block the view. There were no monsters in sight. There was also a table with fruits and water placed upon it. It was as if whoever brought them over was asking them to relax.

Seeing Mintz view the table, Krishna spoke up, "The fruits or the water is not poisoned at all. I still don't understand what is going on here."

Mintz just nods in response and turns around. "Rather than the table. Isn't this more concerning?" He asked, pointing towards a large intricately designed door with his eyes. The evil intent was gushing out of the door, yet none of the four were fazed.

"We have no clue when or what the door is. It seems to have a countdown on top of it. I assume it will open once it reaches zero." Krishna answered.
"Do you think he is waiting for our injuries to heal?"
"I don't know what they stand to gain from that." Krishna asked.
"A fun fight." Mintz answered, matter of factly.
"A fun fight?"
"Yep. A fun fight. Why even bring us together if they could just attack us seperately."
"I-I see."
"Let's wait here and see. Kansas should be coming here in some time. With him here, we might just beat this labyrinth."
"Understood."

Some time later...

As the countdown draws to a close, Mintz stands up. With only a minute left in the the countdown, Mintz decided to clear a few things before fighting the unknown enemy.

"Looks like the time is about to end. I don't think Kansas is coming."
"I guess that is the truth." Krishna replied.
"So. Let's get ready. This might be our final battle. But we are going to get through this and go back home. Is that understood?"
"Yes, Sir."
"Good."

Rimuru's POV

As Benimaru and I look through the screen, the door opens, and the four final survivors walk through the door that will lead to their demise.

"Looks like this war is over." Benimaru commented.
"I guess."
"With how much Intel they had on us, I am still surprised they attacked us. Well, they were weak anyways, so it isn't much of a problem."
"Listen, Benimaru. As a general, you are still young. There are many things that happen in a battlefield. But remember two main things. One, that bad deeds in a war, are often done for a good reason. And second, the most dangerous person on the battlefield is not the leader of the army, rather that soldier on the battlefield which has nothing left to lose. This was true in my previous world, and even more so, in this one."

Benimaru just nodded, trying to contemplate on. what I just said. I just silently turn to watch what Zegion would do. With this, only the ay at the surface will be left. I guess I can let Carrera run rampant a bit.

----------------

I hope you guys like it.