CH-8 Shizue Izawa

Rimuru's POV

It is the day after the battle with the ogres. The battle yesterday gave me a good estimate of my power. I am much weaker than what I was in my previous life but I seem to have a lot of potential.

When I came out of my house, the atmosphere was heavy. Well, I can understand. Many people lost their close ones. The casualties just entered the double digit. 15 ogres died. But in a tribe so closely knit, nearly everyone knew each other. I decided to leave the people alone and left the village. I am not yet the leader of the tribe. It will be properly revealed tomorrow after today's mourning. Even though they did not do much, they retrieved the bodies of those that could be retrieved. Few of them were eaten but most of them was still recognizable.

As I left a village, I felt a presence spying on me. Using magic eyes I confirmed it was the lady who was spying on me when I left the cave. Well, if she was looking for something in the cave, then, I, who had just left the cave before her would suspicious.

But this is also a opportunity. The clone that i placed on her had a flaw. I could only locate it. I could not share information with it. So I had made a new clone that could do so. I quickly exchanged my clones. I then absorbed all the memories of the clone.

This is interesting. So she is the Demon Lord Valentine and also acting as the God Ruminas. She came here to see if Veldora really was dead or not. I don't know why but she really hates him huh? Any way I ignore her and continue. I might have gotten stronger as I am continuously converting Veldora's magicules into my own but I still don't have half of her magicules. I'd rather not pick a fight I can't win.

After sometime she dissapeared. I confirmed with my clone that she is back at Ruberios. As I was strolling through the forest I saw a large flame in the distance. I quickly teleported near the site and was surprised at what I saw.

There were giant ants attacking 3 people. A spirit who had possessed the body of its master, I guess, was firing flame pillars everywhere. The 3 people in question are running. I tried analyzing them and was surprised to see that they were carrying 2 superior grade item each.

Wisdom can you analyze those items.
(Understood. Analyzing....... Bracelet of sealing........ring of deceit.......... Analysis complete.

All 3 members are carrying 2 of the same superior grade items.
1. Ring of deceit:- it hides the race, power, characteristics and skills of an individual.
2. Bracelet of sealing:- It is an item used to seal an individual's power.)

Oh. Thanks for the info. So they should be quite strong. So why are they running? They continue to run until they are surrounded.

Man1: Kaval, this is bad. She is the human Champion Shizue Izawa. There is no way we can win.

Kaval: You are right Gido. My lady, you should run away as soon as possible.

My lady? Is she royalty ? She is an elf, according to 《Wisdom》, so she should be from the elf country Sarion.

Lady: There is no way I am going to forgive you if I die.

Kaval: Don't worry Ellen. We will die with you so you can't haunt us.

Gido: Kaval, I guess we should remove our bracelets. At least we will be able to escape.

I see. So they are planning to escape. But if I save them not only will I be able to get more information on Sarion but maybe forge connection with them as well. I come out of my hiding place.

Rimuru: What are you guys doing here in my forest?

Technically I own the forest right? If the Dryads are my subordinates then their territory is mine, isn't it?

Gido: Who are you?

Rimuru: I am Rimuru. You should just stay here. I will deal with that spirit.

As soon as I say that I cast double sided barrier on them. This is to prevent any attacks from hurting them and at the same time to prevent them from escaping.

Rimuru: You are causing disturbance in my territory, Spirit 

Spirit: Who do you think you are to talk to me, Ifrit, like that?

Rimuru: Looks like you need to be educated.

As soon as I said that I attacked him with ice spear. The ice spear hit him and caused him to fall back but other than that there was no harm.

I then dodged his flame spears and made some distance between us. After that I cast 21 Icicles and attacked. I hit one them at him. As soon as he dodged to the right, I surrounded him with the remaining 20 icicles.

《Icicle Cage》as soon as I said that he was surrounded on all sides by ice. After that I devoured him and seperated him from his host. I sent Ifrit to my stomach. But for the host I sent her to the 'void'. Void was a sub-skill of my predator. In void, there was no time or space. It was the best place to preserve something.

{A/N:- Void is from the unique skill《Void》that Rimuru had acquired upon reincarnation. Here Shizue's body or soul will not deteriorate so she can be revived later on.}

The woman who was the host was oddly familiar to me. I tried to search my memories about who she could me and after some time I got the idea of who she could be related to be. But I am not sure. Slowly she woke up.

Woman: I can control my body? Where is Ifrit? Who are you?

Rimuru: I am Rimuru. Don't worry Ifrit is no longer in your body. I separated him from your body. What is your name?

Woman: I am free......sob...sob.....Thank you......thank you.

She suddenly started crying and it took her some time to calm down. Looks like Ifrit caused her a lot of grievances.

Woman: I am Shizue, Shizue Izawa.

Rimuru: Izawa? I see. Are you Japanese?

Shizue: Yes. How did you know Rimuru-san? Could it be that you are an otherworlder as well?

Rimuru: I am Japanese as well.

Shizue: Is that so?

Shizue then told me how she would die now as she did not have a spirit with her anymore. She then told me about her story and requested me to save her students if possible. I accepted her request and left her in the void.

《Wisdom》started analyzing her to obtain any useful skills. After that I took the trio back with me to the ogre village. I told Shuna to take of them and went to my house. After reaching my house I lied down on my bed.

Izawa? So you are her ancestor huh? Well that would explain your exquisite control over fire. That family really was good at controlling fire. She taught me a lot. I will repay that loan by helping you, Shizue and reviving you later.

---------------

In Rimuru's past life another one of the seven strongest human who controlled fire was called Flame Empress. She had taught Rimuru a lot and helped him a lot to become stronger. She also had the family name 'Izawa' and her entire family was good at controlling fire. Hence he deduced that Shizue was from the same bloodline and decided to help her. Well that is the backstory.

Anyhow how was the chapter? I hope you guys enjoyed it. Follow me and star the chapter. Thanks for the support. I will try to become better.