CH-141

3rd Person POV

"Well, I never intended to defeat him last time." Veldanava replied.

"Huh?"

"Let me explain. Each world is supposed to be ruled by a God. I am the God of this world. There are many other worlds, with many different types of Gods. Some like to not interfere with their world, while some like to have complete control. Meanwhile, some like me, try to coexist. But, there is one rule that is common to all of us."

The fact that there were other gods was surprising to the inhabitants of the Cardinal World, but to the summoned ones, like Chloe and Leon, it didn't come as much of a surprise. Guy, Feldway and others always believed that these other worlds were also under Veldanava, but that didn't seem to be the case.

"You see, all of us must appoint three major roles to someone or the other. The first role is the mediator. I had chosen you, Guy, to be the mediator. As you know, the mediator's job is to maintain the world and prevent its destruction.

The second role is observer. The observer has a simple duty to observe and note the development of the world. The observer cannot begin any major changes in the world. But, the observer can support, or go against someone who had started changes in the world. The observer of this world is Luna, Queen of Hyme.

And lastly, the third role is the protector of the World Barrier. The World Barrier seperates the different worlds. Obviously, someone is needed to protect the World Barrier." Veldanava says.

As soon as he says that, everyone slowly connects the dots and reaches the same conclusion.

""The protector of the World Barrier is Ivarage..."" They mumbled together.

"That's correct. I appointed the three roles, but whether they would reveal their roles, I left it up to their personal discretion. Guy decided to reveal his role, but Luna decided against it. For Ivarage.... Well.... Yeah. He has no proper consciousness, so yeah. Nothing can be done about that."

"Then, didn't Veldanava-sama fight him last time?" Feldway asked.

"Hmm? That was just to seal him away near the barrier. He instinctively understands his role. That is the reason why he attacked you all."

"Alright. So I get all of the history and stuff, but where's Rimuru? Shouldn't we be in his memories?" Ruminas asked.

"About that. He should be there." Veldanava said pointing to the the long stick that Diablo had pointed out earlier.

"Anyways, I never thought that you all would get a name as well." Veldanava said looking towards Diablo and the demoness trio.

"Well, that's because Rimuru-sama is such a great master..." Diablo started his sermon about the greatness of his adored master Rimuru. Everyone was glaring daggers at Veldanava for asking this question. Meanwhile Veldanava was starting dumbly at Diablo, surprised by the sudden change in personality of Diablo.

"Was he always like this? I thought he was more, you know, calm?" Veldanava whispered as Diablo's sermon continued without any traces of stopping, as if telling the God of the world about his own God.

"I don't know, man. He became like this after he met Rimuru. Even Rimuru himself is troubled by this. I have no idea what to say to you." Guy whispered back as a reply.

"I-I see. Well, let's go and meet Rimuru shall we? Not like we will be able to interact with him anyways." Veldanava said, trying to change the topic.

Hearing his Master's name, Diablo finally stopped. Sighs of relief could be heard everywhere. They quickly made their way towards their destination. But without any visual feed, there was no way to decide whether they were going fast or slow.

As they slowly get closer to, what they assumed to be, a stick, it grew in size. Larger and larger. As they got closer, they could see small particles hovering and moving around it. It was only when they got very close to it, did they realise what was going on.

Well, only Veldanava, Leon and Chloe understood.

"What is happening here? It seems like those small metal junks are attacking the larger one." Guy asked curiously.

"Junk, eh? Those are some of the most technologically advanced things humanity has made in Rimuru's world." Veldanava replied.

"Really? Those pieces of scrap metal?" Guy asked, still not convinced.

"Yes. Unlike in our world, this world has empty void between planets. You can't breathe, walk or move. But these things can. Even you wouldn't be able to move if I were to prevent you from using magicules." Veldanava replied.

"That large ship is a type of mothership. It houses hundreds and thousands of smaller spaceships. By the way, the empty void is called space, hence the name spaceship. I am sure you two understand to some degree, don't you?" Veldanava asked facing Leon and Chloe. And to this, the duo could only nod.

"So? Is Rimuru inside that Spaceship?" Guy asked.

"Yes. Let's go." Veldanava said as he phased through the walls of the Spaceship. All of them just phased through the walls as well. This surprised them, but regained their composure quickly. They just followed Veldanava, who for some reason knew where Rimuru was. Veldanava stops in front of a room. Everyone else also stops there.

"Right. Before we enter." Veldanava snaps his finger.
"What did you do?" Guy asked, without any care.

"Nothing. Just maintaining Rimuru's privacy."

He then went inside the room, without opening the door. The room was like a large hotel suite. There was a girl standing right beside the door, guarding it. She had no Armor to be seen but she held a long white spear, which was quite a contrast to her dark skin. With her long ears and odd eyes, it wasn't difficult to deduce that she was a dark elf.

But, the main reason they had entered was Rimuru. And Rimuru was sitting on the bed, with a naked girl sleeping on it. Rimuru was showing a loving smile as he observed her face silently, so as to not wake her. The dark elf didn't do anything and just ignored them as if it was a daily occurrence.

(A/N:- No. They didn't do anything. She is just sleeping. Naked. Yes. Nothing else. Understood? Don't make wrong assumptions. I am warning you.)

The girls facial features were the only thing that they could see. The rest was blurred out, as if it was being censored.

"So this is what you meant by privacy, eh?" Guy asked.
"Yes. After all, I not sure why mercy if anyone were to see Lucia naked." Veldanava said seriously.

The girl's face was someone they all had seen. She was the one who had been present in the fight against Ivarage. Who, halfway through the fight, disappeared to never be seen again.

And Rimuru, who looked completely different now, with white hair and black pupils instead of the blue hair and golden eyes could be easily recognised as they could see his soul.

Rimuru slowly extended his hands and caressed the girl's hair. As he did so, the girl snuggled closer to him, bringing her head further into his hand. Seeing this made Rimuru bloom a smile onto his face with tears in his eyes as he continued to look at the girl's sleeping figure.

---------------------------

How is it? I am sure you guys are starting to connect the dots. Also, remeber that Raphael evolved into a Manas and developed a sense of self because Rimuru wanted a companion? Well, the same happened this time, but Rimuru never desired a companion. So why? I am sure you guys will be able to guess it easily though.