CH-48

Maribell's POV

He is a monster. There is no way I am dying today. No way. Not again. That bitch. She experimented on me till I died. Doing something to my soul and whatnot. They didn't have any proof of our crimes, yet I had to suffer. I wasn't even involved in them. Now his brother. Why? Why? Why me? What have I done? I will atleast take them down with me.

I quickly run to the room where the magic reactor should be. I will make it overload with magic and explode, killing everyone here. But where is it? Why can't I find it?

"Looking for the magic reactor?"
"Yuuki? How did you? Why are you here? Weren't you fighting against the demon lord?"
"Hmm? I gave my all against him. He just knocked me out. By the way, I already knew I couldn't defeat him."
"How?"
"Oh? Are you wondering how I broke free?"
"Yes. Tell me."
"Well, it's simple really. I really wasn't in your control." As he said that, a dark look came up on his face. Just when he used to controlled.
"Impossible. My power harnesses tour feeling."
"Ya. Your greed was something else, but nothing compared to mine."

Just as he said that, his hand pierced through my heart.
"You.... what are you? My skill."

No way. Is he absorbing my skill? Are you saying he is more greedy than me. No way. I am Maribell the Greed.

"Ukh..."
"Your body is too young to hold that much power. Too bad. Even if you were older, there is no way you could have beaten Rimuru. He is in an another league you know."

You bastard. Of course i know that. He alone managed to slay a dragon in that world. Without magic. His body couldn't use magic and still he managed to defeat a dragon. Of course with magic, he will be unstoppable. So this is how I die huh? This life was just like my last. Getting killed for the benefit of others. The world is going blank. I see. This feels nostalgic. The feeling of death. That time it felt so peaceful, but now, I feel frustrated.

Rimuru's POV

I quickly teleport to Milim and look at the Chaos Dragon. It is atleast 300 meters in length and is absorbing magicules from his surroundings and growing bigger. I'd say my chances of winning against this is 50-50 if I don't summon Veldora. Well, with Milim here, I might be able to deal with it.

>Is it possible to save it?<
<It is possible to save it. The dragon will not have any of its memories. It will more be like a rebirth.>

I guess that's fine.

"Milim. I am here to help."
"Oh, Bestie. You see he is my.....old friend. So I need your help to seal him. I don't want to kill him."
"Don't worry. I will help you. But do you really want to seal it?"
"Huh?"
"I can help you make him sane. But he won't have any of its memories. It will be reborn."
"Really? Please do so Rimuru."
"Geez. No need to be so uptight. You are my bestie after all. Of course I will help you."

We both fly to the Chaos Dragon. It really is violence personified.

"Milim, hit it with your strongest attack. I will control it."
"Alright. I trust you Bestie."

>Partner, do your thing.<

As soon as I said that, a bright light enveloped everything. Even closing my eyelids barely made things better. Then a Dragonova went straight at the Chaos Dragon. My partner did everything to accelerate my thinking to millions, if not, billions of time. Looking at her now, it reminds me, she really is at an another level from the rest of us.

As soon a s the astral body of the dragon came into view, I devoured it and stored it in my stomach.

"Bestieeee. It's going to explode. Do something."
"Don't worry."