CH-129.5

Place:-???
Time:-???

3rd Person POV

In a dark room, a circular table was placed, with seven seats around it. Out of the seven seats, six were occupied, while one remained vacant. The entire room was covered in a layer of darkness, making it impossible to identify even a single person. Just being able to see their silhouette, in and of itself, is a miracle.

(A/N :- Who is speaking what cannot be determined, as such, I will not be indicating who is speaking. Just know that it is a conversation between six people. Also, two of them have been hinted in the story before.)

"Well, that's everyone here."
"What do you mean? He is still not here." The speaker said pointing towards the empty chair.

"Are you living under a rock? He is no longer with us."
"Huh? Since when? Where did he die?"
"At Xenos. The entire planet was blown up. Not even his remains were found."

"I see. Then, won't we need someone to replace his spot?"
"There is no need for that. He is still alive. I felt him use my weapon a few days ago." A girl spoke.

"So? Where is he now?"
"No clue. Anyway, focus on the report on your table." After hearing this, they all picked up the paper on their table and began to skim through it.

"Isn't this quite a big problem?"
"It is. That's exactly why I called all of you here. Now that he isn't here, we will need someone to take this monstrosity on." The girl spoke.

The monstrosity they were talking about was a large storage worm, easily bigger than entire solar systems. Though it stays dormant for majority of the century, once every hundred years, it will migrate from one place to another, destroying everything in its path.

"If I remember correctly, the last time this insects went on a rampage, it was Azatoth who dealt with him."
"Right, so shouldn't you be the one to deal with this. You are the one closest to him." The person said pointing towards the one who had told everyone about this calamity.

"Tch. Fine. That's what I was planning on doing anyway. But I need your support."

"Huh? Why should I support you? What do we gain from this? Anyway, even though you are the youngest one amongst us, aren't you quite arrogant. It looks li-" The person was interrupted by a fireball passing right beside him burning the person's hair a bit.

The fireball's light was enough to see the attacker's face. A beautiful face, with red, waist long hair.

"You aren't that old yourself. To me, you are nothing but an immature brat. Unlike you, she atleast managed to research and create a plan."

"Tch. You're all idiots. Trying to defeat a monster like that." He mumbled, but was left unheard.

"Anyway, I will help you. I will send reinforcements. Also, once you have made a concrete plan, share it with me and I will see if there are any amendments to be made. I may not be as good as Azatoth, but I did have my own fair share of experience."

"Hai." The girl said with a smile. Throughout this meeting, a few members remained silent, only observing. With Azatoth's death, it was obvious that major changes will occur. To benefit the most from them, was the common thought of those few.

The meeting continued and disbanded after a few more hours of discussion on various topics. Once the discussions were over, all of them stood up and began to leave, until there were only two people left in the room. The two girls left in the room, have known each other from childhood as they belonged to neighbouring Empires.

"So? What does this mean?" The red haired girl asked, pointing towards the last  sentence written in her report.

Please remain in the meeting hall after the end of the meeting. There is something important I want to discuss with you.

"Ah! You see, there is something I wanted to tell you. Azatoth is dead."
"I know. What I don't understand is why you lied in front of all of them."
"Wait. You knew?"

"Yes. After all, we were keeping a close eye on that mission as well. What I want to know is why you told everyone that he is alive. Wouldn't it only bring more trouble on the long run?"

"It might, but I am not lying. I really did feel him use my weapon."
"But how? He is already dead, isn't he?"
"Well, you see, do you remember how he would only research in his free time?"

"Yes."
"The thing that he was researching was about souls and resurrection."

"Wait what!? Isn't that a taboo?"
"It is. But he has been doing it ever since he lost her."
"I see. So you mean that he had been doing that for so long."
"Ah! You don't need to worry. He didn't hurt anyone in his research."

"I know. He isn't that type of person. Anyways, for now let's deal with this monstrosity." She said pointing towards the table," We can talk about this later."

"Right."

And the two left the meeting room empty.

------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter. I was a bit busy.  I hope you guys will understand.