Imagine for demi275 (5SOS)

Danielle's POV: Age 8

                I feel my brother Luke gently shaking my shoulder, "Danielle, wake up. The other guys and I have a band meeting soon, so you have to wake up", he says gently while leaving the room to let me get dressed. I slowly wake up and moan in pain. My stomach hurts sooo bad! It feels like a combination of constant churning in my stomach and a stabbing pain. Soon, I feel like I'm about to throw-up, and I run to the bathroom.

Luke hears the bathroom door slam and the sound of me throwing up, "Danielle, you okay in there?" he asks me. "No, I'm not okay" "Open the door then". I weakly open the door and Luke comes in. He sees me kneeling on the floor by the toilet and leans down to gently give me a hug. "Luke, I don't feel good, my tummy hurts", I whimper into his chest while he just holds me and coos, "its okay Danielle. I'm going to just text the boys and we'll take care of you". He pulls out his phone and texts all the boys. I start shivering from being on the cold tile floor of the bathroom, so Luke leaves for a second and comes back with a blanket, in which he tucks around me and pulls me into his chest. I slowly start to settle and fall asleep in his arms.

                Pretty soon I hear the doorbell ring and Luke gently lays me down on the tile floor to get the door. He's back in a few minutes and I can see Ashton, Calum, and Michael right behind him with medical bags. I look at them confused and soon I hear Michael say, "Hey Danielle, we heard you're not feeling well. Do you mind if we just do a little check up on you, love?" I look to Luke, who then explains, "Ashton, Calum, and Michael all have medical licenses. I called them over to make sure you're okay and that whatever you have isn't too bad". He tells me this and I get really mad at him. How could he not tell me they were doctors! I've always been afraid of doctors and needles and really anything medical, so I start freaking out. Calum bends down and pulls me in for a hug. "Hey, no need to be afraid. We aren't going to hurt you. You already know that we love you and you're a sister to us, so you can trust us. Will you let us make you feel better?" I slowly nod my head yes and Ashton slowly comes over while Calum is still holding me and Luke has my hand to keep me calm. "Hey hun, can I just check your temperature and heartbeat?" I again nod my head yes and he proceeds to put the thermometer in my ear. He pulls it out and it reads 102.1 F. I've always ran high temperatures, so this is my normal fever temperature. He then gets his stethoscope and rubs it in his hands first. "Don't want it too cold on your skin, hun", he says and winks at me, making me giggle. He then checks my heart and lungs. "All good".

 Michael then comes up and sweetly ask me, "Can you open your mouth and say aww for me?" I do so and Michael shines a light in my mouth. "Okay, it's a little red, but I think that's because you just threw up". He then asks me to lay down so that he can check my tummy. I start to panic again and start crying. "Hey, Michael's not going to hurt you, love. He just want to help you feel better. He'll be quick", Luke whispers in my ear. I nod my head and lay back against Calum until I'm laying down on his legs while he rubs my shoulders to keep me calm. Michael gently starts feeling my tummy and when he gets to my upper part of my tummy, I wince. He quickly notices my discomfort and eases off. "Did that hurt, love?" he asks me and I nod. He then feels around the rest of my tummy and I don't' feel any other pains. "Okay love, do you want to stay laying down or sit up?" "Lay down." I tell him. "Okay, well it seems you got a tummy bug. I have to give you a shot to help get rid of it".

When he tells me that I'll be needing a shot, I start freaking out in Calum's arms. I start squirming and trying to get away from them. "No, no shot!" I yell at them. "Danielle, it will make you feel better. Don't you want to get better?" Luke asks me. "Not if it means I have to get a shot!" I tell him. "Sweetie, it will only hurt for a second. Just close your eyes and lay down on me", Calum tells me. I slowly lay back down and close my eyes. I'm still shaking in fear, so Calum starts singing to me. I feel a cold wetness on my arm, and then I hear Ashton say, "Okay Danielle, small pinch on 3. 1-2-3". I feel the needle go in and I start crying. Luke takes my hand again and I squeeze it until it's all done. "There. That wasn't so bad was it? You'll start feeling better soon hun." Ashton says as he puts a band aid on my arm. I then decide to get some sleep, so I curl up in Calum's arms and rest.

                I wake up in my own bed. Someone must have carried me in here. I'm feeling so much better. My stomach doesn't hurt anymore and I'm not cold anymore. Michael, Ashton, Calum, and Luke come in after a minute, "Hey Danielle, how are you feeling?" they ask. "A lot better. Thank you guys for taking care of me today. I love you" "Aww, we love you too hun", Ashton says. We then give a big group hug and spend the rest of the day just watching movies and relaxing.