Imagine for fanfictionaddict101 (1D)

Liam's POV:

"Catherine, sweetie, you have to get up", I tell my 5 year old daughter as I gently rub her back, trying to wake her up. She had a doctor's appointment in a few hours for her back to school physical, so I was waking her up as my husband, Louis, was making breakfast. Catherine has always hated the doctor's, so what we are going to tell her is that we are going to the toy store so she can pick out a new toy. Right now, she's obsessed with these things called Shoppkins. They are like little figurines with faces on them that you can collect, so she'll probably want one of those. Either that or a new doll or something.

However, we will be going to the doctor's first, then the toy store afterward, but what she doesn't know won't kill her. "Sweetie, you have to get ready, Daddy Louis and I are going to take you to the toy store later today so that you can get a new toy", I tell her and she instantly wakes up, smiling excitedly. "Really daddy? I can get a new toy? Yay!" she proclaims and starts to get ready. I help her get dressed and make sure she brushes her teeth, as well as I help braid her hair for her, then we head downstairs where Louis has made some eggs and toast. This is a huge improvement from when I first met him because back then, all he could make was burnt food and cereal, and I smile at how much having Catherine in our lives has changed us for the better. It's made both of us become more responsible, and Louis a better cook, thank God.

"Hey Baby girl, how are you this morning?" Louis asks Catherine with his signature smile that made me fall in love with him. "Good daddy. Daddy Liam said I get to get a new toy today!" she excitedly says as she sits down and eats her breakfast. "Yep baby, as long as you're a good girl today", he tells her with a joking look. "I'm always a good girl daddy", she emphasizes and jokes as she finishes her meal. We then head out to the car and I put on Princess Sophia on my phone for her to watch.

We get to the doctor's office and Catherine looks up. I can already see that she knows exactly where we are because her face pales and she starts to cry. "Oh sweetie, don't cry. We just have to have Dr. Harry do a quick check up so that you can go to school, then we will go to the toy store and you can get any toy you want. I promise, everything will be fine", I say, rubbing she back, trying to soothe her as I carry her in, Louis right beside me holding her little hands in his, then going to check her in while I take a seat in the waiting room with her on my lap. Louis comes back once she's checked in and takes her out of my hands and brings her close to him. "Baby girl, everything's going to be okay. Dr. Harry won't hurt you, and Daddy Liam and I will be right next to you the whole time", he tells her, trying to comfort her, but nothing's working.

Soon, Dr. Harry comes out. As soon as he sees Catherine crying in Louis' arms, he comes over and kneels down to her height. "Hi Catherine. How are you doing today?" he asks and she just cries harder and curls up closer to Louis, trying to get away from Dr. Harry. "Why don't we all head on back, and we can start the physical?" Dr. Harry asks us and he stands up and Louis and I both stand up with him, Louis still carrying a crying Catherine in his arms.

As soon as we get in an exam room, Catherine's sobs and fear heighten and she starts hyperventilating, not able to get enough air in her little lungs because she's crying so much. "Guys, hold her still for me, I'm going to give her something to help calm her down", Dr. Harry tells us as he gets a shot ready. Louis hangs onto her top half, and I hold onto her legs, while Dr. Harry quickly administers the medicine that will allow Catherine to settle down and be able to breathe again.

After a few moments, Catherine's breathing steadies and she stops crying. "You okay baby girl?" Louis asks and I see her head shake yes, still out of it though. I take her hand in mine and start rubbing it in mine, trying to keep her calm, while Louis holds her and whispers funny things in her ears. Now that she's sedated enough that she's not going to hurt herself, Dr. Harry starts the exam. He checks her heartbeat and lungs, then checks her eyes, ears, nose, and throat, as well as her blood pressure and temperature. "Can you lay down for me love?" he asks her and Louis lays down with Catherine in his arms on top of him. Dr. Harry feels her tummy and listens to it quickly, then tells them, "Okay, thank you, you can sit up now". He writes down everything in her chart and looks to see what's next. "Okay, so it seems like she's going to need a few shots today to get her ready for school. Let me go get them, and I'll be right back", he says and leaves the room.

I hear Catherine start to whimper in fear again, and I take her out of Louis' arms and bring her to my chest where she lays her head on my shoulder and I rub her back, trying to soothe her again. "Shh sweetie, you're doing so well for us. Only a little bit longer and then we can go to the toy store and you can get whatever you want", I tells her and rock her back and forth in my arms. Dr. Harry comes back a few minutes later with a tray in his hand. I turn Catherine away, so that she can't see the shots on the tray, and sit down on the exam table with her on my lap, and Louis gives her a kiss on the head and holds her hand. "A few sharp scratches love and then you're all done", Dr. Harry tells her and quickly administers the injections. "Do you want a sticker love?" he asks as he puts a Barbie band aid on her arm. She nods her head and Dr. Harry gives her a sticker with a monkey on it. She gives a small smile at it and Louis helps her put it on, while I get her situated in my arms and carry her out. We thank Dr. Harry and then head to the toy store.

Catherine decided to pick out a new Beanie Boo. It's name is Grapes and it's a purple monkey. She also got a few Shoppkins and some play jewelry, then we head on home. For the rest of the day, we spoil our little girl. We watch her favorite movies (which sadly isn't Toy Story, but Frozen and Tinkerbell) and make her favorite food, chicken nuggets. Then we cuddle all together for the rest of the night. I'm so proud of Catherine, but no matter how big she is, she will always be my little girl.