Imagine for... (5SOS)

Eliana's POV:

Right now, my stomach is in so much pain that I can barely stand it. I'm hanging out with my best friends and boyfriend, so I don't want to complain about it, but it feels like a knife is being sliced into my stomach multiple times at the same time as fire is being torched on it. Earlier today, we went to the mall and hung out, but now we are back at my house, just kicking back and relaxing, watching some movies. I feel really tired and cold, but my stomach pain is too excruciating for me to fall asleep. Instead, I just lay my head on my boyfriend, Luke's lap and try to concentrate on something other than the pain.

Luke starts rubbing my back and petting my hair, and it feels really good. He moves some of my hair away from my face, but his hand stays on my forehead and cheeks. "Babe, you're burning up. Are you feeling okay?" This makes the other guys stop watching the movie and look at me. "Luke, she does look at bit pale", Calum says. "Yeah, and she's sweating through her shirt, but shivering as well", Mikey says. "Hey Ash, can you go get me my medical bag for me?" Luke asks and Ashton runs into the other room, while Luke continues to rub my back and shoulders.

You may be wondering why Luke asked for his medical bag? It's because he and all of my friends are doctors and have their own clinic. This fact is another reason why I haven't said anything to them yet about how I feel though. I don't want them to start going into doctor mode and getting worried about me. Even though I'm in pain, I don't want to ruin our fun day with them worrying about me. I'll be fine.

A minute later, Ashton comes back and hands Luke his bag. "El, baby, can you tell me what doesn't feel good?" Luke asks me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "It hurts Luke", is all I can say and I scrunch up my eyes and finally break down and cry. I may not have wanted them to worry about me, but now that they are, I can't take the pain. "What hurts babe? Just point to me where it hurts", Luke says and I slowly point to my stomach.

I close my eyes, trying to tune everything but Luke's voice and comfort out, but I can just make out Luke and the other guys talking to each other in hushed voices. "Do you think it could be...?" "Yeah, I think it is. Let's get her to the clinic and see for sure though". Luke comes back over to me and kneels down in front of my face. "Baby, I know you're in pain and you probably don't want to, but we have to head over to the clinic for some testing. We just want to make sure it's nothing serious. Can you get up or do you want me to carry you?" Luke tells me and I put my arms out, signifying that I want to be carried. He lifts me in his arms and I try to find comfort in his smell and touch.

He carries me to the car where the other guys are and sits down in the back with me in his arms, while Mikey drives, Ashton's shotgun, and Calum sits next to us. We get to their clinic and Luke lifts me back up into his arms and carries me inside. He brings me to a room in the back and the others start taking my vitals. Calum takes my temperature, Mikey checks my blood pressure and pulse, and Ashton checks my heart and lungs. "Temp is 102" "Blood pressure and pulse are higher than normal" "Heartbeat is fast, but lungs sound good", they all say and write it down on a chart. Luke then says, "Baby, I'm just going to feel your belly. Let me know if and where it hurts", Luke says and I can feel him lift my shirt up a bit and him trying to be gentle with my belly. As soon as he touches my lower quadrant though, I scream in pain and start crying again. "Luke! Please stop! That hurts!" I yell and he immediately stops what he's doing and comforts me by giving me a hug and kiss. "Baby, I'm sorry that you're in pain, but I know what's going on now. You have appendicitis. We have to get you to surgery or else you can get really sick". As soon as I hear that, I start to freak out, but that only makes my stomach hurt more. Luke takes me in his arms and just holds me, whispering soothing words in my ear as the other guys start prepping me for surgery. Mikey hooks me up to an IV that will give me fluids and pain medication during the surgery, while Calum gives me oxygen to help ease my nerves. Ashton starts to get ready for the actual surgery by getting the surgery room ready and prepped. Once all the IV's are set and I'm calm again, Luke lets me go and wheels me into the surgery room. "Okay Eliana, can you count down from 10 for me?" Mikey asks me and I start to count down and he gives me something in my IV. I only get to 6 before I'm asleep.

Luke's POV:

I feel so bad for my baby Eliana. She's in so much pain, and I didn't even realize it. How can I call myself her boyfriend if I can't even tell when she's in pain?! How can I call myself a doctor if I can't even tell that she's in pain?! I'm so mad at myself right now that I didn't realize this. But right now, I can't be thinking about that. I need to get her appendix out so that she won't be in pain any longer. Ashton and I start with the surgery. "Scalpel?" I ask Ashton and he gives it to me. I cut into her abdomen, right over her appendix and I can see the inflamed organ. "Clamp?" I ask Ashton, and he hands me the clamp. I clamp the part of the appendix that's connected to the rest of her body, and carefully cut it. I place it in a container that Ashton is holding and sauter the wound closed, then I unclamp and stitch her back up. We wheel Eliana back to her room and I sit with her while she sleeps for a few more hours.

When she wakes up, I'm the first person she sees. She looks at me and I ask, "Baby, how are you doing? Do you hurt at all?" I don't want her to be in any pain. She shakes her head and opens her arms to ask me to cuddle with her. I get in bed with her and bring her closer to my chest, where she curls up and falls back asleep. This is when I know that I love Eliana with all my heart. "I love you El", I tell her and I hear her sleepily say, "Love you too Lukey". We then cuddle up and sleep the rest of the day away and I take care of her while she heals from the surgery.