Imagine for valerie_loves_1D (1D)

Niall's POV:

I'm just getting dressed in my blue scrubs, and about to wake up my 3 year old sister, Valerie, before I go to work. You see, my three best friends and I are all doctors and have our own pediatrics clinic. My sister and I are pretty close, but nowhere near as close as she is with my best friend and fellow doctor, Harry. I may be her brother, but Val absolutely adores Harry most, and I think she might even have a little crush on him. He's the only one that she will listen to if she has to get a check-up done, and she always behaves around him like she wants to impress him. Harry thinks it's adorable, and gives her whatever she wants because it will make her happy and he loves to see her happy. It's really cute when he comes over and she runs to him and he picks her up and spins her around. It always puts a smile on her face, which puts a smile on my face as well.

I'm just walking up the stairs to wake Valerie up, but when I get to her room I can hear crying coming from it, and it sounds like it's coming from Valerie.

Valerie's POV:

I woke up today feeling really icky. My tummy hurts, my head hurts, I'm cold, and I just want a cuddle. I just threw up in my bed and I have sick all over me. I start crying, not really knowing what else to do to help me and make the pain go away.

A few minutes later, I can hear my door open and I try to stop crying. I know that it has to be Niall coming into my room, and I don't want to go to the doctors. They're scary and hurt me with their sharp tools that are really cold, but yet I don't know how to hide my sickness. I can hear Ni coming towards my bed and him saying, "Baby girl, were you crying? What's wrong princess?" and as he gets closer, I can see him see and smell the sick on me. "Oh princess, let's get you all cleaned up now. Then we can get you all better", he says as he gingerly picks me up and takes me to the bathroom to run a warm bath for me. He quickly washes me, and puts me in new clean comfy pajamas, then brings me back to my room and quickly takes care of my soiled sheets. He re-makes the bed and I lay back down in it, while he sits down next to me on the bed and rubs my back gently.

I curl up even more in my clean covers, trying to ignore the pain I'm in, but overall I can't and I end up crying again. Niall see this and gently pulls me onto his lap, giving me the much needed cuddles. He holds me in his arms for a bit longer until I can stop crying. "Princess, I know that you aren't feeling well, but could you please tell me what's wrong so that I can make it better", he says as he gives me a kiss on the forehead. That's when he notices my high fever and says, "Val, you're burning up baby girl! Come on, we are going to the clinic to do a check-up now", and he lifts me up out of bed, making sure that I'm wrapped up in as many blankets as I can be so I won't be cold, and carries me downstairs.

However, as soon as I realize what's happening, I try to get out of his arms, and away from him. "No Ni! Don't want to! You hurwt me!" I yell out and that stops him in his tracks. He looks at me with big wide eyes and says, "Princess, I would never hurt you, and I know that none of the boys would either, especially Harry. We all love you and care so much for you. We just want to see you healthy and happy baby girl. I promise, no one will hurt you". I look into his eyes and I can tell that he's telling the truth, but just to be on the safe side I stick my pinkie finger out and wait for him to pinkie promise me. When he does, I slowly nod my head and he continues to carry me to the car, buckles me into my car seat, and we head off to the boys and his clinic.

Niall's POV:

Along the way to the clinic, I start thinking. I feel so bad that Valerie is scared of the doctors. Especially when she said that she didn't want to go because she thought we would hurt her. Valerie is my baby sister, and all I want is to keep her safe, healthy, and loved. I look back in the rearview mirror to check on Valerie, and see that she fell back asleep. She looks so cute when she sleeps. However, I also notice just how red her cheeks have gotten, and it worries me that her fever has spiked even higher. For that reason, I decide to call Harry and the boys so that they can be ready for us when we get to the clinic.