Imagine for swimchicc (1D)

Kate's POV:

I keep looking at my leg, bleeding everywhere from where I fell down the hill while hiking, and trying to think of ways to hide it from my brother Louis. You see, he and our friend Liam are both doctors and if they saw this, then they would probably make me go to their clinic and force me to get stitches or something like that. I've always been terrified of the doctors, so of course I don't want that to happen. I guess I'll just have to try to ignore the pain and hopefully Louis won't notice.

I walk into our house and the first thing I see is Louis and Liam sitting on the couch playing FIFA. "Hey love, where were you? You've been gone for ages now", Louis asks me as I try to sneak past them to my room, failing to do so. "Oh, you know, just out and about. I'm going to head upstairs now. I'm kind of tired", I tell them and Louis looks at his watch. "It's only 2pm. Are you feeling alright love?" he asks me and he and Liam give me a concerned look. "Yeah, just didn't get too good of a night sleep. I'm probably only going to take a nap though. Call me when dinner's ready?" I explain to him, trying to calm him down and have him not go into doctor mode with worry. "Alright love. If you need anything, let me know. Get some rest now", he tells me and I walk upstairs, trying not to whimper in pain at how much my leg is moving and how much it hurts.

Once I get upstairs, I don't go to my bedroom, but instead to the bathroom. I grab some towels and antiseptic medicine and get to clean my wounds. However, it hurts so bad that I stop halfway and end up just bandaging it, then going straight to bed. Hopefully, when I wake up it won't be so painful and will be better.

Louis' POV:

It's been four hours since Kate went upstairs to rest. This isn't like her. If she rests, it's usually is only for a few hours at most, not four, I'm starting to get worried. "Hey Li, can you go wake up Kate for me? Dinner's almost ready and she should probably wake up anyways", I tell him and he nods his head and goes upstairs. A few minutes later I hear him yell, "Louis! Come up here quick! It's Kate!" I quickly turn off the burner I was using so that it doesn't burn down the house and run upstairs to see what's wrong.

Liam's POV:

"Hey Li, can you go wake up Kate for me? Dinner's almost ready and she should probably wake up anyways", Louis asks me and I respond with a nod and head upstairs. Kate and I are really close, closer sometimes than even Louis and her, and I'm starting to worry about how much she's sleeping right now. I really hope that she's not sick or anything. I know that she doesn't like when Louis and I go into doctor mode, but if she's sick, we want to make sure she gets better. I love her like she's my sister and I just want her to be okay.

I get to Kate's room and I knock on the door. "Kate, Katie, its Liam, can I come in?" I ask her through the door, I hear no response. I open the door to see Kate lying in bed, sweating up a storm and with a pained expression on her face. I quickly run over to her and put my hand on her forehead, to feel her burning up with fever. "Kate? Can you hear me? It's Li, can you tell me what hurts?" I ask her as I gently stroke her hair, trying to help ease her discomfort as much as I can. "Li, it hurts", she tells me. "Babe, you have to tell me what hurts. I can't make it better until I know what hurts", I tell her and she whimpers and points to her leg. As gently as I can, I ease her leg out from under the covers and ease her pant leg up to see a red swollen bloody gash on her leg. "Louis! Come up here quick! It's Kate!" I yell down to him, as I start trying to check how much damage her leg has, and seeing that it's really infected.

I can hear Louis' footsteps running up the stairs two at a time, trying to get to his little sister as fast as possible. He runs through the door and see me, then sees Kate's leg. "OMG! Kate, how long ago did this happen?" He asks his little sister as he goes into doctor mode and starts checking her other symptoms alongside me. "When I went hiking. Fell down a cliff, and scraped it. I tried to clean it out, but it hurt too much, so I just bandaged it and thought that if I just sleep it off, that it would get better, but it's not. Lou, it hurts", she cries and Louis takes her in his arms and hugs her, comforting her. "I know love, I know. We are going to make it better though. You just have to trust us now to take care of you. Can you do that for us love?" he asks her and she nods her head in pain. "Okay good. Now, we have to take you down to the clinic to take care of your leg. Is there anything else that hurts?" he says and she nods her head. "My tummy hasn't been feeling good for the past few days. I've thrown up a few times, but it really just hurts", she whimpers and Lou picks her up in his arms and gently takes her down to the car. I drive us to the clinic and Louis picks Kate up again and carries her inside, gently setting her down on a bed.

I grab a pair of gloves, as well as all the equipment I'll need to take care of Kate's injuries. I know she's not going to like this, because I'm going to have to give her a few shots, as well as probably stitch her leg up after we clean it. Louis continues to comfort her, while I'm going to be doing the exam and procedures. "Katie, you said that your tummy's been hurting you. I'm just going to feel it and see what's going on there first okay", I ask her and as gently as I can, I push down on her the middle of her stomach. She whimpers in pain, and I automatically know that she has a stomach infection. That means that she's going to need an IV of antibiotics, not just for her leg, but also for her stomach infection. I get the IV ready and tell her, "Kate, you're going to feel a small pinch in your hand. I just have to hook you up to an IV in order to give you antibiotics intravenously. Then I'm going to numb your leg up and clean it out. Just look at Louis and try to relax for me", I explain to her. She starts to freak out and once Louis gets her to calm down, I'm able to hook her up to an IV, giving her the antibiotics she'll need to help get rid of the infection in her leg and stomach, and numb her up. I then proceed to cut and clean her leg out thoroughly with high grade saline solution and medicine, stitch it up, and wrap it in a clean bandage.

While I'm doing this, Louis is giving her constant support and encouragement to help ease her fears. Once I'm done, I take off my gloves and take Kate's hand in mine. "You were so brave Katie, I'm proud of you babe. However, next time you get hurt, you have to tell one of us. We love you so much and don't like it when you're hurt. Can you promise me that next time, you'll tell us?" I ask her and she nods her head and gives us both a huge hug and says, "Thank you guys. I love you too". We wait until her IV is done, and then take her home, where we all cuddle on the couch, watching Batman and Spiderman movies and eat chocolate chip cookies and Nutella the rest of the night.