Imagine for beccajo01 (5SOS)

Becca's POV

I'm at my track meet, where I'm getting ready for my first race of the day. I look up to the crown and see my brother, Luke, and I wave to him and his three best friends. We do our secret good luck charm, and I get in my ready position. Luke can't always be there for all of my races because he's a doctor, and sometimes he has to work. So on the days that he can be there, we do out special good luck thing and for some reason, I always seem to win after. What we do is before every race is, we always blow each other a kiss, and pretend to catch each other's kiss, then do an air high five to one another. I don't know why, but for some reason, it always makes me run better and helps calm me down a bit.

Once I've done my good luck thing with my brother, I get myself set up at the starting line. I hear the starting gun go off, and I run like no tomorrow. I can see that I'm in the lead, as I don't see anyone around me, but then all of a sudden, this girl comes out of nowhere right next to me. "I'm not letting you win if it's the last thing I do", I hear her say to me, and I feel her push me, and I trip and go out of my lane, and just barely get out of the way of the other runners, but end up tripping again, and falling, and this time I can't get up. By the time I actually catch up to what has happened, I start to feel immense pain in my leg, and I start crying from just how much pain I'm in.

Out of nowhere, Luke and his friends are right in front of me. "Becca! Tell me what hurts?" Luke asks me as he crouches down to my level and tries to soothe me. I'm in so much pain, that I can't even get any words out, and I just end up crying more from the pain. "Becca, we can't help you if we don't know what hurts. Just point to what hurts, and we will take care of it", Ashton says as he leans down and helps Luke in comforting me. I point to my ankle, and continue crying in pain. "Okay love, everything will be okay. Let's get you to our clinic, and we can see what happened to your leg", Calum tells me in a soothing voice as he pets my hair to try to calm me down, just as Ashton is holding my hand, and Luke is behind me, holding me in his lap.

They gently lift me up in a "Kings Chair" type of thing, and carry me to where Mikey has pulled the car up. As we are leaving, I hear over the intercom that the girl that tripped me has now been disqualified for unsportsmanlike behavior. I'm glad that she's been disqualified, but I would have won if she wouldn't have done what she did. She could have ruined everything for me, but right now, I can't think of that because I'm in so much pain. The boys carry me to the car, and gently lay me down in the back, me laying my head down on Luke again, and Ashton gently keeping my leg as still as possible to not further damage it, and help with the pain, while Calum is in passenger seat, and Mikey is driving.

We get to their clinic, and they very carefully lift me out of the car, and bring me into an exam room. They set me down on the bed gently, and Luke continues to hold me and comfort me, as the other guys take care of my leg. Calum starts gently poking and feeling my leg, and when he gets to my ankle, I scream in pain. "Cal! Please don't do that! It hurts so bad!" I tell him through the scream as I try to curl up closer to Luke for more comfort. "It's okay Becca, you're okay love. I'm sorry I had to do that, but we had to see where you hurt your leg, and if it was a break, fracture, or sprain. From what I felt, it seems like it's a pretty bad break. I'm going to let Mikey take a look though with the x-ray machine first. Then we will give you something to help with the pain, okay love", he tells me as he pets my hair to try to get me to calm down again.

Mikey comes over with the x-ray machine, and once he's put one of those heavy bib things on me to protect me from the radiation, he quickly takes pictures of my leg, and heads off to go look at them. A few minutes later, he and the other boys come in. "Becca, it seems like you've broken your ankle pretty badly. We're going to have to do surgery to fix it", Mikey tells me and I start crying. Surgery means that I won't be able to run anymore. Because of that stupid girl tripping me, I've just lost the one thing that I love above all else, running. Luke and the other boys try to comfort me, and while I'm distracted, Calum quickly inserts an IV into my arm and gives me something to ease the pain, as well as something that's making me really sleepy. "Shh, sweetheart, we are going to do the surgery now. Just try to relax, and everything will be okay", I hear Mikey say and I fall asleep as they bring me down to the OR where Ashton will be doing the surgery.

I wake up to the sound of beeping and see Luke sitting right next to me holding my hand in his. Ashton walks in a few minutes later, and says, "Becca, good to see you awake hun. Everything went very well, and with some physical therapy, I'd say you'll be up and running in 6 months or so. Just rest for a bit now. Everything will be okay", he tells me as he gives me some more pain killers and I fall back to sleep.

1 year later:

I'm at the same meet as I was last year where the girl broke my ankle. Since last year, I've worked really hard and gotten my leg a lot stronger by doing physical therapy and weight training. In a way, I'm stronger now than I was last year. I look up at the crowd and give my brother our revised version of the good luck wave. We have now added the ILY sign instead of the air high five, and I set my feet up to go. I hear the gun go off, and I'm off. I run with all my might, and don't stop till I get to the finish line. Once I'm done, I hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new school record! Congratulations to Becca Hemmings!" I smile, and all the guys run over to me and give me a huge hug. "I'm so proud of you Becca", Luke says as he puts his arm around me and gives me a huge smile. Calum, Mikey, and Ashton come up behind me and pick me up, putting me on their shoulders, and running around with me, like the crazy people they are, and I can only smile and rejoice in the happiness that is today.