Imagine for aestheticallycorrect (5SOS)

Erin's POV:

"Pass!" I hear my brother Michael say to me as we are practicing my dribbling and passing skills. I pass the ball over to him, he passes back, I shoot the ball into the net, and I smile. Even though it's just practice, I still love the feeling I get when I score a goal. I continue to smile, and Michael runs over to give me a high five and a hug. "Awesome little sis! You're going to make the team no problem if you keep looking like that!" he says with a smile on his face. "Okay, one more for today, then we are done", he calls out as he runs away from me, getting himself set up.

We do one more drill, but as I kick the ball into the net, I can feel my knee give out on me. You see, I've had a previous knee injury that makes my knee prone to worse injury, but I never really had it completely fixed, so it feels even worse now. I fall to the ground, in pain from my knee. As soon as Michael sees me on the ground, whimpering in pain, he runs over. "Erin! What's wrong baby girl? What hurts?" he asks me and starts assessing me. You see, Michael and his three best friends are all doctors, so Michael is going into doctor mode now. "Mikey! My knee hurts really badly! Please, make it stop!" I plead with him as tears flow down my cheeks. "Okay baby, I'm going to brace your knee, then I'll lift you up and we are going to the clinic where the other guys can help me. You're going to be fine baby girl", he explains to me and uses a few marker flag stakes (you know like the ones that mark the boundaries and such) to brace my leg, and he ties it with his sweatshirt. He then lifts me up gently, being very careful to not hurt my leg, and carries me to the car. We get to the car, and he places me in the back seat, where I can fully stretch out my leg. We then drive to his and the boys clinic.

When we get to the clinic, he carries me in and brings me on back, not even waiting to see if there's an opening or anything. Luke sees him carrying me and runs over to help him. "What happened to Erin, Mike?" he asks and Michael tells him what happened, then asks, "Hey Luke, can you get a shot of cortisone for me please? I'm going to get her set up in room 2", Luke nods, and runs off to get the medicine. "Mickey, what's going to happen to me?" I ask, basically terrified out of my mind at the moment and just needing some comfort from my big brother. "Shh, everything's going to be okay. Luke's going to come back, and going to give you something to help ease your pain first, then see what's wrong with it by feeling your knee. But you don't have to worry about anything. Just relax and let me take care of you", he calmly tells me and gives me a hug. I give him a hug back and melt into his arms, too afraid of anything else other than my brother right now.

Luke comes back a few minutes later, with a needle in his hand. As soon as I see it, I start freaking out. I've always been afraid of needles, and that one looks huge. "I got the shot. Do you want me to give it to her or comfort her?" he asks Michael, in which Michael looks at me whimpering in his arms and responds, "you give it to her, I'll comfort her". He wraps his arms around me and starts trying to calm me down by whispering in my ear, telling me that everything will be fine, and rubbing my shoulders. However, nothings working. I'm too scared that even my brother's comfort does nothing. All I want now is my boyfriend, Ashton. He's also a doctor, but he makes me feel even safer than Michael does, and right now, I want to feel safe. "Please can you get Ashton? I really need him here", I ask Michael, and he nods his head to Luke, and Luke goes to get Ashton, as Michael continues trying to comfort me, but is failing.

A few minutes later, I see Ashton come running through the door. "Oh love, Luke told me what happened. I'm so sorry you're in pain. Come here", he says and pulls me into his arms. Instantly, I feel safe as I always do in his arms. I may still be afraid, but with Ashton by my side, I know that I'll be okay. My cries die down, and soon Michael and Luke are able to give me the shot. I close my eyes, but cry out in pain when they stick it in my knee. Ashton holds me tightly in his arms, and kisses my cheek, nose, neck, eyes, anywhere that he can reach, to help comfort me.

Once they are all done, Michael starts feeling my knee and tells me that it's really badly twisted and that I will need surgery to fix it. I again, start freaking out, and with all the thought going on in my head, I don't even realize that they inserted an IV into my arm. Ashton continues to hold me and comfort me, trying to get me to calm down, but nothing really helps. Calum comes in a few moments later with some medicine. "Hey Erin, I heard you're knee hurts really bad. No worries, we'll fix it and make you all better", he tells me and the goes over to the IV connected to me and says, "This is just a relaxant that's going to help you fall asleep so that we can do the surgery", he tells me as he injects the medicine into my IV. Pretty soon, I feel really sleepy, and the last thing I hear is Ashton telling me everything will be alright, and I feel him kiss my forehead, then blackness.

I wake up, I don't know how much later, in a recovery room. I look around and see Ashton and Michael sitting right next to me. They see me awake, and immediately get up to get on me. "Hey love, how are you feeling?" Ashton asks me as he takes my hand, secretly checking my pulse, but none the less, it comforts me, while Michael strokes my head, making sure I don't have a fever. "Pretty good, just tired", I tell them. "No pain though?" Michael asks and I shake my head no. "Good. You'll have to be in here for a week to recover, then go to physical therapy for the rest of the month to help get your leg stronger. After that, you'll have to ease into sports for the next 4-6 months", Michael tells me. "That means that I won't be able to make the team", I tell them sadly. "Yeah, sorry love, but you'll for sure make the team next year. All of us will help you through it and train with you. Calum and Michael can work on drill with you, Luke can work on cardio with you, and I can work on strength training with you. We all love and support you", Ashton says as he leans in and kisses me on the lips. He eases back, and I nod my head, still a little bit sad, but glad that it have such a loving boyfriend, brother, and friends. "Why don't you get some sleep love?" Ashton asks as he lays down in my bed with me. I curl up into him, and he wraps his arms around me, making me feel safe and warm. I fall asleep minutes later, happy to be loved so much.