Imagine for jayyyxoxo (1D)

Louis' POV:

"Janine, sweetheart, can you take this?" I ask my 14 year old sister as I hand her some pills to try to get her fever down. For the past week, Janine has been really sick with a really high fever, and a really bad cough, and I'm starting to get worried about her. She isn't seeming to get better, and if she doesn't get better, I'm bringing her to the doctors. I'm trying to get her to take some medicine, and get some fluids in her, but she's refusing. "Come on love. Please, can you do it for me?" I plead with her, and she slowly tries to swallow the medicine and water, but ends up choking on it instead, which get me really worried. That's it, I need to get my little sister in to see a doctor right now.

"Come on love, we are going to get you better", I say to her, as I wrap her up in her blankets and pick her up and carry her to the car, where she falls asleep. I drive to the hospital, and run in with her sleeping form in my arms. I bring her to the nurse's desk and tell them her symptoms and everything, but all they do is tell me to sit down and wait until a doctor is available. "I need a doctor now though! She's been sick for the past week, and is only getting worse! I'm not leaving until I get someone to help her!" I yell to the nurse, and just when she's about to say something, a doctor comes over and says, "Hey, its okay mate. I'm Dr. Payne, but just call me Liam. Why don't you bring her on back, and I'll take a look at her and see what might be the problem", I nod and I follow him back.

Liam brings me to a curtained room, and I set Janine's sleeping body on the bed gently. "Ok, so what's been her symptoms?" Liam asks as he gets a pair of gloves on, and he puts his stethoscope in his ears, already starting to listen to her heart and lungs. "Um, she's had a really high fever for the past week, she's coughing a lot, and she won't eat or drink anything. I don't know what to do", I tell him with tears in my eyes. "Hey, it's okay mate. I'll take care of her. It seems like she has some kind of infection though, but I don't know for sure", he says as he finishes up giving her a check-up. "The only way for me to find out if it is an infection, and what kind it is, is to do a spinal tap. Then we can get her hooked up to some antibiotics, and fluids to help her get better", Liam tells me with a pat on the back once he takes off his gloves and throws them away. I nod to him, and he leaves to go get the supplies and everything ready.

Right after Liam leaves the room, Janine wakes up and sees where we are, and starts to freak out. "Lou! Get me out of here please", she pleads with me, crying, already terrified just by being here. "Shh, sweetheart, you're okay. You need to be here. They will make you feel better love", I tell her as I give her a kiss on the forehead to try to calm her down. Liam walks in at that moment, and Janine screams and climbs onto my lap, and holds onto me with all her strength left in her as she continues to cry. "Hello Janine, I'm Liam. I know that you're scared, but all I want to do is try to make you feel better", Liam says as he tries to get her to calm down, but nothing's working. "I'm going to go get someone to help me hold her down and try to comfort her, then we can proceed and get her better", Liam quietly tells me so that Janine can't hear him, and he leaves the room. "Shh, you're okay", I continuously say to her as I pet her hair to try to comfort her a bit, as we wait for Liam to come back.

A few minutes later, Liam comes back in the room with two more people in scrubs. "Janine, this is Harry and Niall. They are really nice, and are going to help me make you feel better", Liam says. "Hi Janine. What kind of movies do you like?" Niall asks in a friendly kind of way and Janine slowly starts to relax a bit and starts talking to Niall as Liam and Harry get everything prepped. "Okay Janine, can you lie on your side for me hun and just keep talking and looking at Niall and your brother?" Harry asks and Janine lies on her side. "You're going to feel something cold on your back. It's just an alcohol wipe, that's going to clean your back and get all the germs off so we can get you better. Then you're going to feel me rub something in. It's some numbing cream, and you shouldn't feel anything after that, okay hun?" Harry explains while Niall and I try to get her mind off of what they are doing by making funny faces and Niall tells her funny stories.

I see Janine wince and look behind her to see Liam inserting a really long, sharp syringe into her back. "You're doing amazing Janine. You're being so brave", Liam comments as he gets some yellow spinal fluid out, and hands it to Harry to test it to determine what kind of infection she has. Niall and I continue to distract her while Liam finishes up and pulls the sharp out. Harry then comes back over with the results, and tells us that she has a chest infection (pneumonia), then he heads off to get the IV supplies and medication, while I comfort Janine by holding her in my arms.

Harry comes back and Janine sees the IV supplies in his arms. She starts freaking out again, and I hold her tighter in my arms. "Shh, princess, this is going to make you feel better. It's just a sharp scratch, and I promise, Harry will be as gentle as he can", Niall says as he takes her hand in his and blocks the view of her arm where Harry quickly inserts the IV and attaches it to the fluids. "Just relax for a bit, and let the medicine get in your blood stream, and you'll be feeling better in no time", Harry comments, then starts to comfort Janine by telling her really bad, but good jokes that make her laugh.

Once the IV is finished, Liam checks her temperature and breathing again, and says that her fever has broken and her cough will get better in about a week, and that she'll be just fine. They hand us some antibiotic pills, and we thank the doctors. We then head home, where we curl up next to each other cuddling, and watch Marvel movies the rest of the day.