Imagine for JenniXCX (5SOS)

I finally made it to the big leagues! I am now part of the Chelsea FC under 16 youth academy for soccer! I have been training for this for my whole life, and now I'm part of it! Well, that is as long as I past my medical exams. Every student and athlete here has to undergo a physical before being enrolled here full time. I've never really been a big fan of doctors, but I really want to be here, so I'm going to suck it up, and get my health check done with.

I walk into the school's team doctor's office, and see a tall guy with messy brown hair and a doctor's coat on. I walk up to him and say, "Hi, I'm Jennifer. Um, I'm here for my physical so that I can be on the soccer team". "Hi Jennifer, my name's Ashton. Why don't we head on back and we'll start your physical and see how healthy you are", he tells me with a big smile on his face and we walk on back.

Once we get to the room, Ashton has me sit down on the bed and he gets his stethoscope out. "Do you have any medical conditions I should know about?" "Um, nope", I tell him and we get on with the exam. "Okay, big breathe for me love", he tells me as he puts the stethoscope on my chest and back to listen to my heart and lungs. I take some deep breathes, well at least as deep as I can. I actually have asthma, and I've noticed that it's been acting up since I got here. I think it's the different air and climate that I'm not used to that's making it get all weird. I know, I kind of lied to Ashton when he asked me if I had any medical conditions he should know about, but I really want to be on this team, and I'm afraid that if he knows about my asthma, then he'll fail me automatically. I see Ashton with a worried expression on his face as he's hearing my breathing, and he asks, "Love, have you been having trouble breathing lately? It sounds like you're wheezing here". I lie again, for the same reason and say, "No, I've been fine lately". He gives me a weird expression, but continues with the physical.

Phew, I think I fooled him. Now, I just have to pretend that I'm fine and not have an asthma attack for the next hour or so that I'm here. Ashton checks my eyes, ears, nose, and throat, as well as my stomach and tells me, "Okay Jennifer, you are all good. But in the future, you should really use your inhaler when you feel tightness in your chest and when you start to wheeze in order to control your asthma". I stare at him with my mouth hanging open, and ask him, "Wait, you knew? You knew that I had asthma this whole time? How did you know?" He chuckles at my shocked expression and words and hands me a new inhaler, while saying, "Love, I've been a doctor for a while now. I know what asthma sounds like, as well as I know when I'm being lied to. Now the real question should be, why did you lie to me?" I look down when he says this and guiltily say, "I'm sorry Ashton. I just want this sooo bad, and I didn't want to ruin my chances to make the team. I thought that you would tell the coach that I couldn't play because of my asthma". "Love, you got here because of your skills with the ball. I'm not going to stop you from playing the game that you love, just because you have asthma. You just have to be careful and if you feel like you're going to have an asthma attack, you have to let either me or your coach, or someone know", he tells me and pulls me into a hug.

I hug him back, but he soon lets go. "Okay love, just one more thing and then you're done for the day. You just need a blood test to make sure that everything's normal". At those words, I start to freak out just a little bit. You see, I really don't like shots or needles. They freak me out. "Um, are you sure that I need a blood test? Can't we just forget about it and say that I'm fine?" I try to plead with Ashton, in which he tells me, "Love, this is just a precaution. There's nothing to be scared of though. We just want to make sure that you are healthy enough to play in the next game. I promise, I'll be gentle. Let me just call in my friend Luke. He's a nurse and he can help me, and help keep you calm so it doesn't hurt".

At this, he walks out of the room and I start to contemplate just running and leaving this place behind. Just as I'm about to decide to leave, the door opens and I see Ashton, along with a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Hi Jennifer, my name's Luke. Ash here tells me that you're a little afraid of needles? Well, there's no need to worry, Ash is really good at making them not hurt", he tells me as he sits down next to me and takes one of my hands in his. I see Ashton come over and start to set up the supplies, and I finally break and freak out completely. I start to cry and try to run away, but I don't get too far because Luke catches me. He lifts me onto his lap and strokes my hair to help me calm down as I curl up in his arms. Right now, I need some comfort, and Luke's giving it, so I'm going to take it. I can feel Ashton wipe down my arm, and Luke hold me just a bit tighter. Pretty soon, I feel a small pinch and I flinch away from the poke. "Shh sweetie, you're okay. Almost over, then you can go back to your dorm and sleep", Luke whispering in my ear, continuing to stroke my hair and try to comfort me the best that he can. Soon, the needle is gently pulled out. Ashton puts a band aid on my arms and leans in to give me a hug along with Luke. "You did so well love. See, I told you you'd be fine", Ashton tells me and I close my eyes. Soon I'm asleep and Luke carries me to my dorm and lays me down to sleep.