Imagine for Brittany36911 (1D)

I know I don't usually have a author's note before the story, but this prompt talks about rape, so I just wanted to have a disclaimer-like warning. Also, if any of y'all ever need to talk, my messaging is always open. Now, on with the story :)

Emma's POV:

I'm walking home from high school one day, not really paying attention and listening to the music in my headphones, when out of nowhere, I feel a hand on my mouth and a guy pick me up and pull me into an alleyway. "Don't move and don't scream if you want to live", is all I hear before I feel him touching me inappropriately and I start to cry. He pulls down my pants and does with me, until I can only shake and cry. Once he's done with me, he leaves me on the cold ground and I just lay there, too shocked to actually do anything other than cry and try to hold myself together.

Harry's POV:

I get home from work, expecting my younger sister, Emma, to be home and doing her homework at the kitchen table. I work at a clinic as a nurse, while my friend, Liam works as a Doctor. Our parents died when I was 19 and she was 9. It was a very hard time for us, but now five years later, I've gone through schooling and gotten a good paying job that will support the both of us, as I am now Emma's legal guardian.

  I walk through the door, and I don't see Emma at the kitchen table. "Emma, you here?" I call out, but I don't get any answer. I run up to her room, thinking that maybe she has her headphones on and couldn't hear me, but no one's in her room. I start to panic because she's never out this late, or at least not without calling me and letting me know that she's going to her friend's house or something first. I try calling her phone and it goes straight to voicemail. I then try calling some of her friend's and they tell me that she left school 2 hours ago, and that they don't know where she is. This of course only further makes me freak out and I run out the door and start walking the same route that she'd take to get home.

  I've been walking for about ten minutes, calling out her name every so often, and hoping for a response, but getting none. Just as I walk past an alleyway, I hear a whimper, like someone's in pain. I get closer and I see a body on the ground, completely naked and shivering. I run up to them and see that it's Emma. "Emma! Oh my God! What happened babe?" I ask her as I kneel down and bring her into my arms. She originally flinches in pain and tries to get away, but when she sees that it's me, she hugs me and starts crying and shivering. "Babe, what happened?" I ask her as I take off my jacket and put it on her because she's so cold and I don't want her to go into shock or get hypothermia. I also start to check her to see what's wrong with her, and I see a bunch of cuts and scrapes, as well as a lot of bruises already starting to form. I'm checking her pulse when I see her shaking her head and saying, "Please, please". She curls into my arms even more and I hold her and try to comfort her until she cries herself to sleep.

I pick her up, and immediately decide to take her to Liam's clinic. I don't know the full story, but I can assume what happened and she needs to get checked out. Luckily for me, Liam's clinic is only about two blocks away, so I carry Emma's sleeping body and walk to the clinic.

 When I walk through the door, the first person I see is Liam. He gives me this questioning look and asks, "What happened to her?" and walks with me to a room. When we get to the room, I set her on the bed and tell Liam, "I found her naked inside an alleyway. She was shivering and covered in cuts and bruises. Li... I-I think someone raped her", I sadly tell him. He looks up at me from taking her stats and vitals and gives me this look of unbelievable. I go and get the supplies for him to put in an IV, while he takes her temperature. . He puts the IV in her arm with some warm saline in it to get her body temperature up again. Just as he's finishing that, Emma starts to wake up. "Harry?" she hoarsely whispers. "Babe, I'm right here. Are you in pain? Do you remember what happened?" She nods her head to both questions and Liam asks her, "Emma, you're at my clinic. Hun can you tell me what hurts?" "My whole body feels like its sore and my lower region hurts a lot. I'm really cold too and I'm kind of dizzy right now", she tells him.

I leave the room quickly and go get her more blankets to warm her up. When I get back to her room, I see her and Liam talking and her crying again. "What happened?" I ask as I put another blanket on her. "Haz, you know the procedure for rape victims. We have to do a few tests. I have to examine her privates, for any tears or infection, as well as take a sample of blood. I just told Emma this, and she's a little scared right now". I sit on Emma's bed and bring her in for a hug and rub her back. She slowly relaxes in my arms and soon Liam has all the equipment for the tests. I help Emma lay back and I hold her hand. "Hun, I'm sorry we have to do this, but it's for your own good. We just want to make sure you are okay and healthy", Liam tells her as he first does the blood test. Once he's done with that, he labels it and sends it off to get tested for any blood-borne pathogens or diseases and infections. He then tells her, "Hun, I'm going to have to take a peak between your legs. I have to get a sample, just in case the person left any DNA, so that we can get him arrested. I also have to make sure you are okay down there and there's no tears or cuts. I promise to be quick and gentle". She looks to me and then gives Liam a nod. I squeeze her hand and give it a kiss to show her I'm here for her and will protect her. Liam does his thing and labels those samples as well, and sends them off to be tested.

We then help her back up and Liam gets supplies to clean her cuts with. We gently clean and bandages any cuts and he gives her some painkillers. "Thank you Harry and Liam. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have you", she tells us, and we lean in to gently give her a hug. "Babe, I will always have your back and we will find the guy that did this to you. They won't get away with doing this to you. I promise". Liam nods his head in agreement and tells us that if we need him, to page him. We then just cuddle and she falls asleep in my arms, knowing that I will always protect her because that's what big brothers do.

A few months later, I get a call from the police telling me that they found the guy that raped my sister, and that he will now be in jail for a very long, long time. I tell Emma and we both let out a relieved breathe that now we didn't have to worry about him ever taking another girl and doing what he did with my sister ever again.