Imagine for Harrysbabesings (1D)

Megan's POV:

I continue to lay in bed, dreading having to get up. For the past week I've been fighting off the flu, and right now I feel awful. My stomach is in knots, I feel cold but warm at the same time, and I'm so tired I feel like sleeping beauty right after she pricked her finger on the spinning wheel. However, no matter how sick I feel, I don't want to let my boyfriend Harry know. He's a doctor and would just get worried and try to get me to go get checked out at his work at the hospital. Hospitals mean needles, and there is no way that I'm going to get stuck by a needle anytime soon. I can fight it, it's just the flu.

Right then, my stomach lurches and I run to the bathroom. I quickly get to the toilet and throw up everything that I've eaten in the last 24 hrs. Once I've stopped throwing up, I stand up and decide to get a shower, hoping that that will help me feel a bit better. Once I'm out of the shower, I gingerly move around my room, making sure that I don't set off another bout of sickness, get dressed for the day, then head downstairs to see Harry in his doctor's scrubs and making breakfast. "Hey Meg, what do you want for breakfast?" Harry asks me as he gives me a good morning kiss. "I'm good Haz, maybe later", I tell him and try to push him away so that he wouldn't notice how warm my face is. Harry's forehead furrows in worry and he puts his hand on my forehead. "Babe, are you feeling okay? You're awful warm, and even though you know I always think you look beautiful, you look tired and not well", Harry says as he starts to grab his bag in order to do a quick check-up. However, before he can even grab the thermometer, I say, "Haz, I'm fine. I just didn't get a lot of sleep". "Okay, but I'd really like it if you came to work with me so that I could just make sure you're okay. If nothing's the matter, then there will be no harm in doing that", he says and he knows that I can't refuse now. If I say no then he'll know that something's up, so I have to say yes. "Fine, but only for a little while. I really do want to catch up on some sleep", I sigh and he smiles, knowing that he won.

A few minutes later, we are on our way to Harry's work, aka the hospital. My stomach is hurting even more, and I feel like all I want to do is sleep, but the pain in my stomach is causing me to stay awake. I start shivering and curl up in the seat to try to get warm. "Meg, I know that you're sick, so why don't you tell me what's going on so that I can help you feel better", Harry calmly asks as he turns on the heater to try to help me get warmer. I just shake my head, and curl up closer to the window and start crying. Harry turns into the hospital parking garage, parks the car, and pulls me into his lap. "Babe, please tell me what hurts. I don't like seeing you hurt, especially if I can do something to make it better, so please tell me", Harry says as he peppers kisses all up and down my neck and face and holds me in his arms. After a few minutes of Harry just holing and comforting me I finally whisper to Harry, "My stomach hurts and I'm cold". Harry just nods his head against my shoulder to let me know that he heard, and holds me tighter to try to make me feel better. "Okay babe, let's get you inside so we can get you better then huh?" Harry asks and I slowly nod my head against his chest, too tired and too in pain to care anymore.

Harry carries me into his work and the first person he sees is his fellow co-worker and friend Niall, who's a nurse. "Hey Ni, can you get room 3 set up for me? Megan isn't feeling too well and I'm going to do a quick exam to see what's up", he asks Niall in which Niall nods his head and goes to get the room all set up. Harry carries me back just when Niall is finishing setting up the room, then lays me down on the bed. Niall turns to leave, but Harry whispers, "Can you stay in here and help me out Ni? I think Megan will need some comfort and I know that you know what you're doing, so I trust you". Niall again nods his head and starts handing Harry his tools. "Okay babe, I'm just going to check your temperature, heart, eyes, ears, nose, throat, and stomach. Just stay calm for me babe", Harry calmly explains and sticks the thermometer in my ear. I hear a beep and then Harry looks at it. "101.6, that's pretty high babe. But don't you worry. We'll get you better in no time". Harry then proceeds to do the rest of the exam, checking my eyes, ears, nose, throat, heart, and lungs. He gets to the stomach part of the exam and I start to get really nervous. "Just lay back for me babe. It'll just be a minute and then it will be all done. Just stay calm for me babe", Harry tells me and I slowly lay down. Harry as gently as he can feels around my stomach. When he gets to a certain point though, I wince and cry out. "Okay babe. I promise, I'm done, but you have the stomach flu. Ni, can you go get some antibiotics to help and some pain killers?" Harry explains, and Niall leaves to get the supplies.

As soon as Niall leaves the room though, I start crying from the pain and in fear. I know that I will probably have to get a shot, and I'm really scared. Harry immediately comes over and pulls me into his lap and just hugs and comforts me. "Shh babe, don't worry I'll take care of you, just like I always will. You're okay, everything's okay, just calm down for me and breathe", Harry says as he runs his fingers through my hair and slowly I start to calm down and drift off to sleep. Just when I'm about to fall asleep though, Niall comes back into the room and I can see a tray with some needles on it. I start freaking out again and Harry tries to calm me down by singing one of my favorite songs and rubbing my back to calm me down. I can feel Harry holding my arm out and something wet on my arm, and instantly I know that Niall is about to stick the needle in so I tense up and try to get out of his grip. "Don't tense or move up babe, just focus on me and no one else. You're okay baby", Harry says with a kiss to my forehead as Niall inserts the first shot.

As soon as Niall inserts the shot, I start crying and Harry continues to rub my back and holds me close, making sure that my head is in his chest so that I can't see what's happening. "One more stick baby. You were behind on your meningitis shot, so we're getting you updated on that too. You're being so brave for me babe. Almost done", Harry tells me and I feel the second needle pierce my arm, then it's done. "There, all done babe. You did wonderful baby, I', proud of you. Maybe tomorrow we can go to the fair to celebrate if you're feeling up to it huh?" Harry says as he wipes the tears off my cheeks and gives me a kiss on the nose. I nod my head in response and curl up into his chest to listen to his heartbeat. It helps calm me down as well as him rubbing my back.

Pretty soon, I'm feeling really sleepy, so Harry thanks Niall, carries me in his arms, and we go home. When we get home, Harry gives me some Tylenol to help with the pain and help get my fever down until the shot can take effect. He carries me to bed where we watch TV and cuddle for the rest of the night. The next day I'm feeling a lot better so we end up going to the fair and having a great time. I may not like Harry's job, but I'm really glad that I have him in my life and I don't know what I'd do without him.