Imagine for fartingkitkat (1D)

Ally's POV:

I sit there waiting to be called back to the doctor's room. I've been waiting here for almost 25 minutes, and still the nurse hasn't called me back. It's making me even more nervous than I already am. Every time I go to the doctor's they tell me that I won't need a shot or blood test, however once they get done with the exam, they look at the chart and tell me that I do. They lie to me and tell me that I don't need it and then act all surprised and sorry when they actually look at the chart and see that I really do.

Because of this, I don't trust doctors and I really don't like needles. They scare me and make me feel like a child again. All I want is someone to come with me or comfort me, and all they give is some nurse who pretends to feel bad for me, all while jabbing the needle into my skin.

 As I'm think about this and freaking about the shots that I'll most definitely need to get as well as the blood test that I'll probably need, I hear my name be called. I look up and I see a smaller, young male nurse call out my name. "Ally?" I slowly stand up and I see him smile. "Hi love, my name's Louis. Why don't we go on back and we can make sure everything's okay with your health", he tells me. I look at him and slowly nod my head as I follow him back.

 When we get to a room, Louis asks me to, "Take off your shoes please and step on the scale for me". I do as he says and notice that I'm basically the same weight as I was last year. He writes it down and we continue. He then takes my temperature and blood pressure, which were both normal, and writes them down. "Okay love, the doctor is running a little late, but he'll be in here soon". Wait, HE. "I have a woman doctor", I tell Louis in which he responds that, "Your normal doctor is out for maternity leave. All of her patients are now under the care of Dr. Styles until she comes back".

He then leaves and I start freaking out. I'm just feeling like I can't breathe properly, when I hear a knock on the door and it's opened. I see a young doctor in a doctor's coat with hair pulled back into a bun and green eyes walk into the room. "Hi I'm Dr. Harry Styles. What..." He stops mid-sentence when he sees the amount of distress I'm in and runs to me on the bed. "Its okay love, no need to freak out. Louis!" Soon Louis comes back in and sees Dr. Styles trying to calm me down. Louis steps in and asks me with a smile on his face, "What happened love? I was only gone for a few minutes. Did you really miss me that much?" I laugh at his joke and slowly calm down again.

 Dr. Styles continues to try to get my breathing back down, and Louis continues telling me jokes, which make me laugh. Pretty soon I'm back to my normal self and I can breathe properly again. "Okay love, can you tell me what made you panic that much", Dr. Styles asks while looking at me with sincerity in his eyes. I decide to tell him and say, "I freaked out because one, I didn't know who you were. I wasn't informed that I'd have a new doctor until I got back here and Louis told me. And two, I'm terrified of shots and blood tests. You guys always tell me I don't need them, but then at the end of the day, I find out that I do. It makes me not like doctors and not want to trust you guys".

Both Louis and Dr. Styles look at me, then Dr. Styles breaks first, by giving me a hug. "I'm sorry Ally. I promise to you, I'll be honest with you and tell you exactly what I'm going to be doing before I do it" "Thank you Dr. Styles", I tell him. "Please, don't call me Dr. Styles, it makes me feel way too old. Call me Harry instead". I nod my head and say, "Okay Harry". Harry then unwraps his arms from around me and starts to get ready. He looks at my chart and tells me, "Okay Ally, I told you I'd be honest with you. You will need two shots and a blood test. Do you want to get them out of the way first, or leave them for after the physical?" "I think I'd rather get them out of the way and have them first. But Harry, I'm really scared", I tell him. "It's okay hun, I'll stay with you and hold your hand while Harry does the blood test and shots", Louis says while coming closer to me and sitting down beside me. He takes my hand and hides what Harry's doing by using his body to block me from seeing it. "Okay love, we are going to do the shots first, so you're going to feel two small pinches" I nod my head and Louis starts telling me jokes and keeping me calm.

 I feel the first one go in and I squeeze Louis' hand. The second one goes in and I feel tears run down my cheeks. Louis notices the tears, gently swipes them away and gives me a hug while Harry gets the blood test ready. Once he has everything ready, Harry says, "Ally, I want you to close your eyes and squeeze Louis' hand. I'm going to insert the needle and you'll feel a pinch. I'm going to use a butterfly needle though, so it shouldn't hurt too much". I nod again and I feel Harry insert the needle in my vein. It feels really weird, but it doesn't really hurt. I squeeze Louis' hand and pretty soon Harry's done. He takes the needles out, puts a bandage on my arm, and gives me a hug. "You did really well love, now that we got the hard part done, let's start the actual physical and see how healthy you are".

Harry lets me go and grabs his stethoscope from his neck and puts it on. He listens to my heart and lungs and tells me that they sound fine. He then grabs a light and checks my eyes, ears, nose, and throat, which he tells me are also good. Lastly, he asks me to lay down so that he can check my organs and stomach. Once he's done with all of that, he again gives me a hug and tells me that I did really well today and that I'm all healthy. I thank both Harry and Louis, give them a hug, and go to leave. As I'm leaving the doctor's office, I ask the receptionist if they can change my normal doctor to be Dr. Styles. They tell me they can, and I leave the office feeling a lot better than I went in.