Imagine for Brittany36911 (1D)

Liam's POV:

I look at the schedule for the day to see who's coming in for a checkup. Harry, Louis, Niall, and I are all pediatric doctors. We love our job and love to make sure that all the little kids are healthy. I see that for today, we have a girl named Heather coming in. I go get the other boys to set up the room and I go out to meet her.

"Heather?", I ask once I'm in the waiting room. I look around for a second and see a little girl, no older than 6, sitting with her mother, whimpering and shivering in fear. I walk over to her and her mother tells me, "She's a little scared at the moment". I crouch down to her level and rub her back. "It's okay hun. My name's Liam. I have some friends in the back that want to meet you. I promise, we won't hurt you. We just want to make sure you're okay and healthy", I tell her, continuing to rub her small back. She continues to cry, but her mother hands her off to me so that we can do her checkup. I hold her gently in my arms, still rubbing her small back, and I carry her to the back room where the other boys are waiting.

When we get to the room, I sit on the table with her in my lap and her head in my chest still crying, while the other boys introduce themselves. "Hello love, my name's Louis, and this is Harry, and Niall. Has anything been hurting you or have you been sick lately?" Heather shakes her head, still in my chest. "Okay love, I'm just going to take your temperature. It will go in your ear for a second, but it won't hurt. Can you show me where your ears are?", Harry asks her. She points to her ears and Harry puts the thermometer in her ear. She tries to squirm out of my arms and I just hold her tighter and try to comfort her and get her mind off of the exam. "It's okay hun. Can you tell me what's your favorite animal is?" She leans her head up a little and whispers in my ear, "elephant". "You like the elephant?! That's so cool!", I say and Niall ask her, "What do you like about it? The trunk, ears, or the fact that it has such biggg feet that stomp?". He starts stomping his feet like an elephant and swinging his arm in front of his nose, like an elephant's trunk would. Pretty soon, Heather's laughing at Niall and his silly animal imitations. Along with the elephant, he does a monkey, lion, horse, and penguin imitation.

While Niall and I are keeping her distracted, Louis and Harry are checking her temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and reflexes. Harry then gets his stethoscope out to check her breathing and heartbeat. Heather sees this and starts freaking out again. "It's okay love, this won't hurt you. It's so that I can check your heartbeat and make sure that your heart is healthy. Do you want to try it on me?", Harry asks. She nods her head yes, and Louis helps her put his stethoscope in her ears and teaches her what to do. Harry lets her check his heartbeat and she says, "It sounds like music!" "That's right love. Your heart has a beat, just like music does. How about we listen to the music of your heart beat?", Louis says to her. She nods her head and Harry puts his stethoscope back on and listens to her heart. "It sounds healthy love", Harry tells her and smiles. "We now have to check your eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Can you look at that sticker on the wall over there? You'll see a bright light, but just keep looking at that sticker for me, okay", Louis asks her.

She looks at the sticker and he shines a light in her eyes, checking to make sure nothing is wrong with them. "You're doing so well princess. Can you open your mouth just like I did while I was a lion", Niall asks her and soon she does. He looks down her throat and sees that nothing's wrong there. Harry then asks her if he can check to make sure there's no bugs in her ears, and she gives him a look of fear. "I don't like bugs! Get them out!", she cries and Harry quickly checks her ears and lets her know that there were no bugs in them. She still looks like she's scared, especially about the bugs thing, but she's starting to relax. I continue to keep her calm by rubbing her back and giving her comfort as the boys do the exam. "Okay love, you're almost done. We just need you to lay down and we'll check your tummy real quick. Then you'll be done", Harry tells her. However, when she hears that we need to check out her tummy, she freaks out again. "I don't like that! Please don't do it!", she cries in my arms. "Hun, does your tummy hurt?" I ask her. She shakes her head no, so I then ask her, "Then why don't you want us to check your tummy. You know that we wouldn't hurt you". "I just don't want you to". "That's okay, we won't do the tummy exam. Can I just give your tummy a massage then?" Niall asks her.

She nods her head and says, "Yeah. My mommy gives me tummy massages and I like them". I lay her back in my arms and Niall starts doing the exam, disguised as a tummy massage so she wouldn't freak out. "Okay love, just one more thing, then you can go. You need a booster shot. It'll just be a small pinch and then you're all done", Harry tells her. When she hears the word shot though, she freaks out all over again. She tries to get out of my arms to run away and starts yelling, "No shot. I don't like them!" I hold her still in my arms and start humming in her ear to calm her down.

Niall gets the shot ready, Harry cleans her arm, Louis makes funny faces to distract her and not let her see what they are doing, and I hold her hand and whisper encouragement in her ear. "Small pinch princess", Niall tells her and he quickly plunges it into her arm. She whimpers, but it's over too fast for her to really get upset. Harry puts a Tinkerbell bandage on her arm and gives it a little kiss to make it feel better. Once that's done, she calms down and she yawns in my arms. "Are you getting tired hun?" She nods her head in my chest, closing her eyes. "Okay, how about a sticker for being so good and being our little princess them?" Niall asks as he brings her over a few Elsa and Anna stickers from the movie Frozen. She thanks him and puts them on her arms. She then curls up in my arms and falls asleep. We aww at how cute she is, and I bring her back out to her mom. Her mom takes her out of my arms, thanks us, and leaves the doctor's office with Heather in her arms. I then go back to the other boys and we get ready for out next appointment.