Imagine for Anonymous (1D)

Maggie's POV:

"Come on Liam! You're walking so slowly! I want to get back to the camp grounds before dark!" I jokingly say to my boyfriend Liam as we walk back from the swimming hole. Liam and I are camping together for our vacation and we decided to go to the local swimming hole to cool off after all of our long sweaty hikes. However, me being stupid me decided to not put on shoes for the walk back because I didn't want to get them all wet, and I didn't bring any sandals, so my feet are subject to all the prickley's and thorns on the ground, as well as all the rocks and such, and I'm not very good at walking, me being a klutz, so it's a recipe for disaster.

As I'm looking back at Liam, I'm not looking where I'm going and me being clumsy me, I trip over a rock and fall, twisting my ankle and scraping myself all over. Liam sees me fall and quickly runs to me. "Maggs! Are you okay?! What hurts babe?" he asks me as he starts trying to help but not knowing where to start. You see, Liam's a doctor, so he knows what he's doing and everything, he just gets a little flustered when it's me hurt as well as he's not in a place where he has the supplies to help me. "Li, I'm fine. It's okay, just a few scratches and bruises", I tell him, but when I try to get up, a pain shoots through my leg and I end up falling right back down. "Babe, does your leg hurt? Let's get you to the campsite and I'll look you over there and see what all is wrong", he tells me as he gently takes me in his strong arms and carries me to our campsite.

Once there, he sets me down in the tent on the sleeping bag and gets his medical kit out. No matter where we go, Liam always makes sure that he has his medical kit with him. Usually, I'm the one saying that he doesn't need to bring it, or it's a waste of space, especially when we're camping, but this time, I'm immensely glad that he brought it. "Okay Maggs, I'm going to first just clean out your cuts. I don't want them to get infected and worse. It might sting, but I'll try to be as gentle as I can", he tells me and gently takes my hands and starts wiping the dirt and grime away from my hands and legs. I wince and he says, "Sorry babe, I know it hurts, but I'm trying to be as gentle as I can. I have to get the dirt out though". I nod my head, but tears fight to spill out of my eyes as he finishes with my hands. He then puts antiseptic on them and bandages them, then gives each finger a kiss. I tearily smile at him and his cuteness, and he goes on to clean out and bandage the rest of my cuts.

When he gets to my leg however, he goes to clean the cuts, but I wince in pain again. "Babe, I know you don't want to, but I have to feel your leg to see what's making it hurt so much. Just tell me where the pain is, and I'll make it better", he says as he gives me a kiss on the forehead to help calm me down and help with the pain. I nod my head and he as gently as possible, starts to feel my leg. When he gets closer to my ankle, I wince and start crying, tears falling freely now, and I can't help it. "Sorry babe, I know that hurts, but I have to see if it's something that I can deal with here or if we need to go to my clinic. You're being so brave though. I love you", he tells me as he brings me into his arms and gives me a cuddle. He then has to let go and starts feeling my ankle again. As gently as he can, he feels that I sprained my ankle. "Okay, Maggie pie, you sprained your ankle. I'm going to wrap it up for now, but we need to go to my clinic so I can put a soft cast on it. You can't hike while on this though, so we're going to have to end the camping trip a little early", he tells me and wraps my leg up in an ace bandage and I pout because I was having such a good time camping with him. He then starts to break down camp, and I go to help him. "Maggs, I don't want you to get hurt. Just keep your leg elevated and off of it for now babe, please", he asks me as he helps me lay down with my leg elevated.

Once we are all packed up, Liam carries me to the car and we head off to his clinic. We get there and he brings me in and sets me down on the bed, being extra careful of my leg. "Babe, why don't you lay down while I get the supplies for the cast", Liam suggests to me as he gives me a kiss. I kiss him back and he pulls back and leaves the room to get the supplies. When he leaves, I start to panic and my mind goes on a tangent of thoughts of what is going to happen, and all the bad things that can go wrong. I start breathing rapidly, and start to feel dizzy from lack of oxygen. Liam luckily comes back in a few short minutes, and sees the panicked expression on my face. He runs over, and takes me in his arms. "You're okay babe. Everything will be okay. You were fine when I was here, why did you start freaking out?" he comforts me, and I reply, "You were gone and I started thinking about all the things that could go wrong and panicking. I need you", I whisper while tucked into his chest, being engulfed by his strong embrace. He continues to hold me and comfort me, and slowly, I calm back down. Liam let's go of me, but stands close, keeping a hand on my leg and letting me know that he is there for me. "All good babe?" he asks and I nod my head. He smiles and grabs the supplies to start fixing my leg. "Maggie, I have to give you a painkiller. It's just a quick pinch, and I'm right here for you", he tells me and I again nod my head. He quickly injects the painkiller into my leg so that it won't be in pain anymore, then he starts wrapping my leg in gauze and plaster.

Once he's done, he pulls me into his arms and holds me. He starts giving me kisses all over my face, which tickles, and I start laughing. He continues to do this until we are both laughing so much that I don't even register any pain, and he just continues to hold me. "I love you so much. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life babe", he whispers in my ear. "I love you to. Thank you for taking care of me today and always", I tell him and we end up kissing. Once we pull away, he gets me to some crutches and helps me maneuver them. However, I can't get the hang of them, so he just ends up picking me up and carrying me to the car. "Looks like you'll be busy this week, carrying me everywhere, seeing as I can't figure out those dang crutches", I say to him with a smile on my face. He looks at me with love in his eyes and says, "I would carry you to the moon and back if it would help you", and holds me tighter. I blush and curl myself closer to him, relaxing in his comforting arms, knowing that I have the best, most caring boyfriend in the world.