Imagine for AshleyMartin946 (1D)

Ashley's POV:

I'm walking home from college today after a long and grueling day of finals and tests. Trying to distract me from overthinking about how good or bad I did on the test, I put my headphones in and I tune out the world while I listen to some of my favorite music. I start rocking to the beat of the music, and so I'm not paying attention to where I'm walking. All of a sudden, a guy comes running out of a building, and he runs right into me. A bang goes off, and I feel pain radiate in my stomach. The guy continues to run away, and I look down to my stomach, seeing the red stain from the gunshot spreading on my shirt. I hear people around me trying to see if I'm okay, and calling for the police, as well as an ambulance for me, but all I hear is a ringing in my ears and the high pitch from the gunshot before I pass out.

Harry's POV:

I'm so exhausted. Working in the ER is one of the hardest, most stressful jobs, and I'm the head attending, which means that I'm in charge of it all to run smoothly. I still have about 10 hours until my shift is done, then I'll be able to go home and get some sleep before I'm back at it 10 hours later. I'm just about to start on some paperwork, trying to keep up with that so that the chief doesn't get mad at me, when I hear a call go out from the ambulance dispatch. "Teenage girl, gunshot wound to the stomach, losing blood quickly". I answer the call as I see the ambulance pull up, and I run out the door to help.

They bring her out on a stretcher, gauze soaked bandages covering her abdomen as they tried to pack and stop the bleeding as much as possible. "Get her in the OR now! I have to operate quickly or else we might lose her!" I tell them as we wheel her into the hospital, and to an operating room. I scrub up as some nurses quickly prep her for surgery, then I begin. The nurses get her hooked up to bags of blood transfusions in order for her to not bleed out and pain killers, while I start searching for the bullet and see what kind of damage it did.

Once I find the bullet, I take it out, and start checking what it tore. My fingers search around her abdomen, clamping and fixing everything that is torn or bleeding along the way, then moving to the next part. Once I find and fix all her injuries, and make sure that she's not going to internally bleed out, I close her up, and the nurses find a room for her. I scrub down and take off my bloody surgical gown, then return to my paperwork and other patients as I wait for her to wake up before I check on her again, tiredness already dissipating from the adrenalin coursing through my veins.

After a few hours of paperwork and checking on my other patients and doing rounds and what not, I head over to the room with the girl with the gunshot wound. As I walk through the door, I can see her just starting to stir and wake up. She slowly opens her eyes, and panic comes over her features. "Hey love, my name is Dr. Harry Styles. You're in a hospital after you got shot in the stomach. Everything will be okay. What's your name love?" I quickly say, trying to help comfort her as best as possible. She starts crying and saying, "Ashley. It hurts, it hurts". "Okay Ashley, I'm going to give you something to help it not hurt so much. It might make you a bit sleepy, but it will help you feel better. Just hold still for me love", I tell her as I get some painkillers from the drawer, and I inject it into her IV. Slowly, she calms down, and I can see her eyes start to close and her features settle. I gently run my fingers through her hair, soothing her further, and she falls completely asleep.

Ashley's POV:

I wake up, and all I feel is pain and fear, so I instantly start crying again, and I try to get out of here, but it hurts too much. Harry comes in a few minutes later, concern immanent on his features when he sees how distressed I am. "Shh, love everything is going to be okay. I'm going to give you some more pain medication now, then I'm going to check on your stitches and injuries to make sure that they are healing nicely and there's no infection", he tells me as he sits down on my bed and takes my hand in his to try to comfort me. After a few minutes, he stands up and gets the supplies to inject my IV with more painkillers, not enough to make me fall asleep again, but enough to dull the pain a bit. He then gently lifts up my gown, being especially careful of making sure that I'm fully covered underneath to ensure my privacy, and he checks my stitches. "Okay, it's looking really good. Do you have any questions for me?" he asks me as he again sits down next to me. "When can I go home?" is the first question that comes to my mind and I ask that. "You'll have to stay here probably about a week, just so that we can monitor you're healing, and make sure that everything is okay. Then you'll be able to go home, but you'll have to take it easy for a while", he tells me and I start crying again. "I'm scared. I just want to go home", I say sadly. Harry pulls me into his arms and holds me and just comforts me saying, "It's okay love. Everything will be okay", over and over again.

Pretty soon, I'm settled in a bit more and I'm able to stop crying. "Okay love, I have to leave now, but just rest. The more you rest, the faster you'll heal, and the faster you'll be able to get out of here and get home", he tells me as he lets me go and stands up. I nod my head, and Harry tucks me in, making sure that I'm comfy and warm, then he leaves the room to go check on patients or whatever else he has to do.

About two weeks later, after Harry assured that I was fully healed and better, I'm released from the hospital. Harry walks me out. We stop right in front of my car, which one of my friends brought from my house, and end up standing there awkwardly. Through my time in the hospital, Harry and I became really good friends. He was the main reason that I was able to get through my time in that place, and I see him like a brother or a best friend. "I'm going to miss seeing you every day Haz", I tell him as I reach up on my tip-toes to give him a hug, in which he reciprocates and gives me one too. "I'm going to miss you to Ash. Keep in contact love", he tells me and we let go of each other. He helps me into my car, and we promise to keep in contact. I'm so glad that I met Harry and I know that he will always be there for me, just as I'll always be there for him. Who knows, maybe later on, this will become more than a friendship.