Imagine for ratherbedancing (1D)

Brooke's POV:

I've always hated running in P.E., especially today since its 90 degrees out and we are running on the track. We have those new astro-turf fields that just absorb the heat and hold it in so that even though it may be 90 degrees, it feels like it's over 100. "Come on you guys. Just two more laps and then we'll be done", I hear my P.E. teacher yell out to all of us. I start running faster, passing everyone around me, trying to get done quicker so that I can go into the air-conditioned gym and rest and try to get rid of this headache that started earlier today.

I have just one more lap, when my vision starts to get blurry. I slow down a bit and shake my head to try to get rid of the blurry vision, but that only makes me feel dizzy. I'm trying to continue to run, but every time I do, I stagger and I feel really hot. Pretty soon, other kids in the class catch up to me and notice that I'm not acting like myself. "Brooke? Are you okay?" one of the girls in my class asks, but it sounds like it would if I was underwater, all muffled and slow. That's when I can see my P.E. teacher come running up and I feel like I'm floating in air as a blackness covers my eyes.

Harry's POV:

My best friends and I are nurses and doctors for a k-8 school (Kindergarten to 8th grade). I know, it's kind of uncommon to have actual doctors at a school, but we work at a boarding school, so the kids live here for most of the year as well as sleep here, so it saves time and makes sense that they'd have doctors and nurses on campus just in case something major happens. So far, it's been a pretty slow day for us. There were a few kids that came in with minor cuts and scrapes from playing around, and a few kids that were just plain old sick with the flu, but nothing serious. And with four of us, the work gets spread quickly.

But because it's a boarding school, these kids don't have their parents there to comfort them while they are sick, so not only are we their doctors, but we become their only form of comfort at that time and we take it very seriously. At the moment, Louis and Liam are actually watching over some of the younger kids and reading them a story to comfort them while they are sick, and Niall is putting a band aid on and comforting an eight year old that fell down at recess and scraped their knee. I'm the head doctor here, while Louis is second in command, and Liam is the head nurse, while Niall is his second. Right now, I'm just making sure that everyone is doing okay, in which it seems that they are.

All of a sudden, I see the P.E. teacher, Coach Grayson, run in with a young girl, looking to be about thirteen, in his arms. "She passed out on the track. I don't know why though", the coach says. "Wait. You were having them run on a day like today? What's wrong with you?!" I yell and the coach looks guilty. "I didn't think it would be that bad and I didn't have anything else planned for today, so..." He doesn't finish his sentence and lays her down on a bed. "What's her name?" I ask as I start checking her vitals to see what's wrong with the young girl. "Brooke", her teacher tells me and I grab my stethoscope to see if she's breathing's okay and that she's not having an asthma attack or anything like that, but her heart and lungs sound clear and strong. I then take out my light and pull back her eyelids to make sure that when she fell, that she didn't hurt her head. I shine the light in her eyes, but don't see anything out of the ordinary.

 As I'm taking her vitals and such, I see the young girl start to wake up. "Love, my name is Dr. Harry. You fainted while in P.E., so your P.E. teacher brought you to me. Can you tell me how you're feeling? Does anything hurt?" I explain to her in which she moans in pain and clutches her head. "My head hurts really badly and I feel dizzy, like the room's spinning", she says and I know instantly that those symptoms mean that she's dehydrated. "Love, how much water or fluids have you had today?" I ask her. "Um, maybe one water bottle and a can of coke?" she answers. "Love, that's not enough fluid intake for you, especially on days like this where it's so hot and you were running around. I'm going to set you up with an IV drip to get some fluids in you, which should help relieve your other symptoms as well", I tell her. I start to go get the supplies for the IV, when she starts to freak out. She tries to get off the bed and run, but only makes it two steps before she stumbles and almost falls. I catch her and lead her back to the bed. "Oh no love, you can't run just yet. It will only take an hour and then you'll be done", I tell her and she starts to fight me off. "Please! Please, don't! I don't like needles! Please no!" she shouts and Niall comes in after finishing with his patient and hearing all the yelling. "What's going on in here Haz?" he asks and I explain the situation to him. "Can you stay in here with her and keep her calm while I get the supplies?" I ask him and he nods his head and walks over to Brooke. "Hi sweetie, my name's Niall. Can you tell me yours?" "Brooke" she says through tears. "That's a pretty name Brooke. Can I just stay here while Harry leaves for a minute? I promise, I won't hurt you", he says and Brooke nods her head.

I leave the room quickly and go to grab the supplies that I'll need from the supply closet. I grab the IV supplies, but also a shot with a sedative in it, just in case. I then walk on back to the room to see Niall and Brooke playing a game and I can see her smiling. I hate to ruin her fun, but she really does need this IV in her in order for her to get her better. I walk back in and both Niall and Brooke look my way. As soon as Brooke sees my supplies, she starts freaking out again, and Niall holds her in his arms. "Shh sweetheart. Nothing bad is going to happen. Harry's just going to give you a small pinch and then your headache won't hurt anymore and you'll feel better", Niall tells her, but she continues to freak out. I was afraid she'd do that, so I give Niall a look and he holds her tighter in his arms. I grab the sedative and quickly administer it before she can even react. Soon, she's asleep in Niall's arms and I can set up her IV so she can get better. I insert the needle quickly into her arm and hook it up to the IV fluid.

Niall continues to hold her and comfort her while I start checking on the other patients and Louis and Liam. I go on over to the room that Liam and Louis' in and see that they are now playing horse and giving the kids piggyback rides. "What's going on in here?" I say while smiling. "Dr. Liam and Dr. Louis are giving us piggyback rides. They say it will make us feel better", one boy says. "Do they now. Okay then, I'll leave you guys to get back to what you were doing before then. Feel better everyone", I tell them and head back to Brooke's room.

It's been an hour since I gave Brooke her IV, so I return to her room to see that she's still asleep as well as Niall's asleep with her and using her as a pillow/teddy bear. I smile at the cute picture and quickly take a picture of it for blackmail against him later on. Then I gently wake both of them up. "Brooke? Love, wake up. You too Niall. Wake up please". Brooke starts to open her eyes and looks around the room again while Niall starts to wake up too. She sees the IV in her arm and she starts to freak out again. "Get it out of me!" she yells. "Love, I am. I just have to make sure that you are healthy first and you'll have to calm down so that you don't hurt yourself", I tell her and slowly she starts to calm down. Niall helps again and starts singing to her to help calm her down even more.

Once she's calm enough, I do a quick check-up on her to make sure she's okay and not still dehydrated, then I gently start to pull out the IV. "This is the worst part", I tell her as I peel off the tape. She winces and closes her eyes, and I quickly pull the IV out and put a band aid on. "All done", I tell her and give her a hug. "Now, you must drink plenty of water and fluids so this doesn't happen again, okay", I warn her. She nods her head and rests for a little while longer, then goes back to her dorm with a bottle of water in hand.