Imagine for Ratherbedancing (1D)

Brooke's POV:

 I hear the music start and I look out to the crowd. I can see my brother Harry and some of his friends in the crowd and him give me a thumbs up sign. My brother is my biggest fan as well as I know as long as he's with me, I'm safe and loved. I smile at him and start my dance routine. I'm competing at the national dance competition in LA. Right now we are at a local high school, in their enormous gymnasium. I've already competed with my team, and now it's the singles competition to see who the best dancer in the nation is.

Everything's going really well until I do one of my jumps and land wrong. I fall to the ground, twisting my back and landing on my wrist. "AHHH", I scream in pain and a flurry of people come on stage to help me. I can see some of my teammates, coaches, but most importantly, I see my brother. "Harry! It hurts!" I tell him, as he runs to me. "Brooke, what hurts? You have to tell me what hurts babe or else I can't help you". I tell him, "Harry, I can't move my wrist and my back feels like its on fire!" Harry gets a worried expression on his face as his friends, Louis, Liam, and Niall run up on stage too.

All four of them are doctors and own their own clinic, so they know just how serious a back injury can be. Harry and Niall go to comfort me as Liam runs to get a stretcher, and Louis goes to their car to get some supplies to help me out. Both of them come back a few moments later, Liam with a backboard and neck brace that he go from the swimming pool next door, and Louis with a bag of medical supplies that they always have with them in their car. Niall takes the bag out of Louis arms and gets an oxygen tank out to hook me up to oxygen in order to help calm me down.

I start freaking out when I see all the medical stuff in their hands and around me, but Harry's there to keep me calm enough to not have a panic attack. "It's okay Brooke. We just have to put you on this backboard, and put a neck brace on you to make sure you don't hurt your back anymore and keep you stable", Harry tells me calmly. Liam and Louis gently lift me onto the backboard, while Niall puts a splint on my arm and wrist, and Harry holds my hand. Liam's tightening the straps to keep me from falling off the board, Louis' slipping the neck brace on, and Niall's inserting an IV in my arm, when I start to really panic. I feel like I can't get any air in my lungs, even with the oxygen mask on and my hands start to get shaky, and numb. "Brooke! Brooke! You have to stay with us babe. You're okay. You're safe. You're with me, your big brother Harry. I'm not going to let anything happen to you babe, but you have to stay with me", Harry says to keep me calm, while he starts rubbing circles on my hand. I nod my head, letting him know that I'm still with him and I can hear him.

"Can you tell me why you like dance?" I nod my head and as they are doing their medical stuff to me and lifting me up to take me to their clinic, I tell Haz why I like to dance. "Dancing is beauty. It's a way for me to express my feelings and become one with my body. I can be anything or anyone when I dance and I like that feeling of confidence that it gives me", Harry continues to ask me questions to keep my mind off of what they are doing or where we are going, and soon we're at their clinic.

They take me in one of the rooms and Niall brings over an X-ray machine to scan my arm. Harry continues to hold my hand and comfort me as Niall, Louis, and Liam x-ray my arm and back, to see if anything is broken. "Hey Love, you have a broken wrist. Niall's just going to set it and put a cast on it now. It might hurt, so squeeze Harry's hand if it does", Louis tells me. They hold me still while Niall sets my arm. It hurts so much! I nearly squeeze Haz's hand off. "Oww!" we both yell. Soon Niall's done and he asks me what color cast I want. "Pink please", I tell him with tear stains on my cheeks. Niall wraps my hand in pink gauze that hardens to keep it still and protected while it heals. Louis then tells me that my back is bruised, so I shouldn't do much heavy lifting, and no dancing for a few weeks to let both my wrist and back heal.

They then give me some painkillers to help with the pain and soon I'm feeling really sleepy. I thank them for taking care of me and they give me a hug and tell me that they love me like a sister and would do anything to care for me. Harry then, making sure to be gentle of my injuries, takes me in his comforting arms and cuddles me as I slowly fall asleep knowing that I'm protected and loved by my big brother.