Imagine for ILOVE1D4EVER1D (1D)

Liam's POV:

I'm so tired. I just left the hospital after working a 36 hour long shift. They kept needing me to go in and do surgery, and finally when Niall showed up to cover me, I'm able to go home. We really need to get some more surgeons to cover the shifts. It's not healthy to be working that long, with minimal amounts of sleep, as well as it could be very hazardous to the patient's health if we make a mistake because we are so sleep deprived.

I'm driving home on the bridge, when out of nowhere, I see a car swerve out of the way from hitting an animal. It can't get its steering back under control, and it flies off the bridge into the murky water below. I quickly stop my car, as well as a few others stop their cars, and we go into action. "Someone, call 911!" I yell, and I can see multiple people calling on their phones. I grab my emergency glass breaker that has a seatbelt cutter on it that I always keep in my car, and run down the bank to see the car slowly sinking, and a girl trying to get out and screaming. "Hey! I'm an Olympic swimmer, let me help!" a guy comes up behind me, and I hand him the hammer and he dives in, and gets the girl, while I go back up to my car and grab a few jackets and blankets from the back of my car.

I head back down, and I see the guy swimming with the girl limp in his arms. "I think she's alive, but she's really cold, and I think she passed out from lack of air", the guy says to me as I help him gently get the girl out of the water and onto the land, being extra careful of her neck and back, just in case she injured them. I hand the guy a jacket and the blanket, and he starts to strip out of his wet clothes, and get into the warmer jacket and blanket. I then start checking the girls breathing, and pulse, not even feeling tired anymore with the amount of adrenaline coursing through my body. I hear her breathing, but it's shallow and labored. She probably has a few broken ribs, or possibly a punctured lung, which wouldn't be letting enough oxygen in, and could become extremely dangerous if left untreated. She's also suffering from hypothermia, so I gently wrap a blanket around her to try to get her body temperature back up. I then start checking the rest of her body for injuries, and when I move her hair back a bit, I gasp. It's Faith! Niall's girlfriend, Faith! OMG, Niall is going to go berserk when he finds out!

Just then, the paramedics get there, and they quickly get Faith on a stretcher, and get the guy in another ambulance to get him checked out for hypothermia. I climb in with Faith and the paramedic, and tell them to get her hooked to some warm saline to help get her temperature up, as well as get her on some oxygen, since she probably has a puncture in her lungs and isn't getting the oxygen that she needs. They listen to me, and give her some pain killers too, and we head off to the hospital.

Niall's POV:

"Harry! I need suction!" I yell out in the OR, as I'm doing a surgery on a young boy's appendix. Harry quickly suctions the part I needed, and I'm able to finish the procedure quickly. I close him up, and one of the nurses brings him down to recovery. I walk out of the OR, wash my hands from all the blood and diseases they could be carrying, and walk out of the room. "Niall! Hey Niall!" I hear Harry call out, so I wait for him to catch up. "Let's go get something to eat. I know you have to be hungry after doing a surgery for two hours", Harry says jokingly, and I laugh and nod as we start to head to the cafeteria.

However, before we can even get ten feet away, we hear a huge ruckus in the ER and I hear Liam's voice yelling, "Where's Niall! She needs Niall!" I quickly head over to his voice and when I see him, I see a girl on a stretcher, pale and passed out. I imminently recognize the girl, and my heart starts beating faster from panic, and I run over. "Faith! OMG! What the hell happened?!" I ask, too much in a panic to comprehend what's going on, and that I shouldn't be crying over a patient, as I'm doing right now. "Ni, calm down. Faith was in a car wreck. She swerved to get out of the way of an animal, and her car went over the side of the bridge. It seems like she's broken a few ribs, punctured her lungs, and is hypothermic. You have to calm down though. I'm not fit to do surgery right now, as I haven't slept in 36 hours. We need you to do the surgery", Liam tells me, as I freak out and clutch onto my girlfriend's hand like a lifeline. "I can't do it Li. I can't!" I tell him, as more tears run down my face and my training goes out the door with my fear. "Niall, I'm not letting you operate on this girl. She has too much of a connection with you. I'm going to do the operation", I hear Louis, our head chief of medicine say, and I'm shocked. Louis doesn't usually do surgeries. He trains the other people to do the surgeries, but I have never seen him do one of his own. This must be a special case, and I'm immensely grateful to him right now for doing this for Faith and I.

"Thank you Chief Tomlinson!" I weep to him and I see a smile grow on his face, and he pats me on the back. "Ok, Harry, I'm going to need you to scrub in. You're going to help me with this", he tells Harry, and Harry quickly runs off to get the OR set up, and scrub in. "Don't worry Niall, she's going to be just fine", he tells me as him and a nurse wheel Faith down to the OR, and I watch as they go, my mind already going crazy with nerves and fear.

Liam stays by my side while we wait for Louis to finish up Faith's surgery. A few hours of waiting later, Liam's asleep in the chair next to me, and I'm pacing the waiting room, too anxious to sit down. All of a sudden, I see Louis come out and he walks over to me. "Niall, everything went great. She broke quite a few ribs, so we fixed that, and we got her punctured lungs sutured and working again. She's in recovery right now, if you want to see her", he tells me, and before he can finish his sentence, I'm running down to recovery.

I ask a nurse where Faith is, and quickly go to her room to see her sleeping peacefully. I head over and sit next to her bed and gently take her hand in mine. I give it a kiss and just hold her hand in mine for the time being and tell her, "Faith, please don't leave me. I'm so sorry that I wasn't there to save you and make sure that you were safe, but I promise to always be there from now on. I won't let anything hurt you again, and I will protect you with my life. I love you so much baby", I tell her. "Do you mean it Ni?" I quietly hear, and I look up to see Faith opening her eyes and looking at me. "Faith! Baby, yes, of course I mean it! I want to be with you forever, and I want to keep you protected. I love you so much!" I tell her as I gently give her a kiss on the lips and pet her hair, just trying to take in as much of her as I can. "I love you too Ni", she tells me, and I climb into her bed. We cuddle for the rest of the night, glad that she's safe in my arms.