Imagine for SamiyahKhan (5SOS)

Trigger warning! This talks about self harm and eating disorders! Please, if you feel like this will trigger you, don't read it. I don't want anyone to get hurt, and if any of you need someone to talk, my ear is always open. 

Samiyah's POV

I look at myself in the mirror and all I see is someone that is fat and ugly. "Why am I so fat?" I ask myself and conclude that I'll just have to not eat again today. For the past few weeks, I've been starving myself or throwing up what little amounts of food I do eat. However, it hasn't made a difference. I'm still fat and ugly, and nothing I do can change it.

I start getting tears in my eyes when I think about my self-image and I quickly reach for my secret stash of razors under my bed. I know that cutting won't help make me beautiful, but it helps with the feelings that I'm going though and turns the emotional pain that I'm feeling into physical pain, which I can handle so much easier. I grab the blade carefully and drag it slowly across my wrist, watching the blood drip out of me, and feel the burning pain. I cut myself two more times, and I'm just about to cut for a third time when all of a sudden my door opens.

"Samiyah! What the hell are you doing?" My older brother Calum yells as he sees my arm bleeding and the razor just about to cut my arm. He quickly runs over with tears forming in his eyes and takes the razor out of my hand then pulls me into his bedroom to get his medical bag. Yes, Calum is a doctor, so seeing people hurt, especially someone he loves, makes him sad and emotional. "Sami, why would you do this? What's going on?" he asks with tears running down his face as he starts cleaning the open wound while I start crying myself.

Calum finishes cleaning and bandaging my arm, then pulls me onto his lap and gives me a hug. "Sami, will you please talk to me? At least tell me what's going on in that pretty little head of yours so that I can help?" Cal pleads. "I'm not pretty", I slowly whisper and look at the ground. "What did you say babe?" Calum asks gently, trying to listen closely to hear what I just said. "I'M NOT PRETTY! I'M UGLY AND FAT AND I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU WOULD THINK OTHERWISE BECAUSE I'M NOT PRETTY!" I yell to Calum and start crying. "Babe, why would you think that? Of course you're pretty. You're beautiful just the way you are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially yourself. You are one of a kind, and that's the most beautiful part about you. You're smart, and kind, and especially beautiful", Cal whispers calmly in my ear as he rocks me back and forth, trying to comfort and soothe me.

Calum continues to hold me and rub my back for a while longer, and then says, "You know that we have to go to my work now and get this checked out", he says as he looks down at my wrist. "But Cal, why can't you just take care of it here? I mean, you're a doctor, you can just do whatever you need here", I whine to him as I curl up on his lap even more. Calum continues to hold me but says, "Yes I'm a doctor, but I can't help you with this. We need someone who specializes in this type of injury to check it out, which I'm not. I'm a stomach doctor, but don't worry, I have a few friends that are really nice and can help", he states as he helps me up, and we head to the car.

Calum drives us to his work and we head on in. When we walk in the smell of antiseptic hits my nose and I cringe away, but Calum pulls me along as he searches the area for someone. He's looking around when he calls out, "Lou!" A younger looking guy with brown hair and blue eyes looks up and smile when he sees Calum and me walking up. "Hey Cal, what's up?" he asks with a smile still on his face. "Hey bro, um I found my sister cutting herself and I was wondering if you could take a look at it for me?" The new guy just nodded his head and stands up and says, "Yeah no problem, just follow me. Do you mind if I also call Niall in to help?" Calum looks to me and I shrug my shoulders to let him know that I don't care, even though I do as I'm really terrified, but I don't want to seem like a wimp along with a cutter. "Yeah go ahead. It won't hurt anything", Calum says and Louis punches something into a pager on his hip. He then ushers us into a room, and gets everything set up.