Imagine for livingthebooklyf (5SOS)

Tessa's POV:

"Bet you that I can beat you to the cliffs!" I hear my older brother Ashton yell out as he rushes past me towards the beach cliff. "That's no fair! You cheater! You're like a foot taller than me and you got a head start!" I yell out as my boyfriend Calum and I run after him. Cal and I have been together since high school when Ashton met him and invited him over to play video games. Instead of playing video games though, he met me and we've been inseparable since.

Today we decided to go to the beach and hopefully beat this heat wave. Lately it's been in the high 30's and low 40's (Celsius) and it's been torture since our A/C broke last week. We are all now in college so we don't have enough money to get it fixed at the moment, so the beach was the next best thing.

Cal and I finally catch up to Ashton when he stops at the edge of the cliff. "I always love coming to the beach", Ash says as he inhales the sea air and breathes out. He then turns to us and with a mischievous gleam in his eyes, he picks me up and carries me to the edge of the cliff. "Ashton! What are you doing! Let me down!" I yell at him because we are on the edge of a cliff still looking out on the ocean. The actual beach where we can go in the water is a ¼ mile down a path, so we are about 10 meters above the ocean still.

He quickly drops me near the edge of the cliff and starts laughing hysterically as Calum has a look of worry on his face. "You should have seen your face! You looked so scared!" he says as he continues to laugh. "Dude, that's not funny. Tessa really thought that you were going to throw her off the cliff. That's not cool dude", Calum defends me as I try to hold off tears from the near death experience and humiliation. Ashton's face then changes to one of sorrow and turns to me. "Sis, you should know that I would never do anything to harm you ever. I was just playing. I'm sorry", Ashton tells me and starts to walk towards me to give me a hug.

However, I'm still really mad at him for making me think he was going to throw me off the cliff, and I really don't want to hug him. I turn around quickly, trying to get away from him, but I didn't realize just how close I was to the edge of the cliff. It's like I'm in slow motion as I see Ashton and Calum try to catch me from going over the edge, but they miss me and then water overcomes my senses. All I can see is water and bubbles everywhere, and I can't distinguish up from down.

I try to swim towards what I think is the water surface, but the waves keep crashing over me, and getting me disorientated. I can slowly feel my lungs start to shrivel up with the lack of air and my head starts to hurt as well. My vision starts to black and all I can think of is how I was mad at Ashton, and now I won't be able to forgive him before darkness descends and I black out.

Luke's POV:

I'm in the middle of my shift, watching the surf and making sure that the beach is safe when I look towards the cliffs. I can see a young girl being picked up and it seems like a guy is about to throw her over. I start to grab my rescue equipment, ready to go out and save the girl, when I see the guy put her back down on the edge of the cliff. She's still in a pretty dangerous situation, so I call up to headquarters and tell them that I'm going to head up the cliff to check it out. They quickly give me a ten four and sends one of the other lifeguards my way as I start the ¼ mile trek up the cliff.

I'm about a minute away from where the teens were when I hear a loud scream and then a huge splash. I look down at the ocean and I see the girl has fallen in. I send a quick message to headquarters over a walkie talkie, telling them that I'm going in and to send back up, before I jump in the water after the girl.

I quickly start swimming the few meters to where the girl fell in, and start searching for her. I know that she probably only has about 2 minutes till she runs out of air, and the currents in this area are really strong, so I'm hoping that she didn't stray too far off path. After a minute of searching, I finally see her. I can tell that she's just about to pass out from lack of oxygen, so I swim a bit faster, trying to save her.