Imagine for livingthebooklyf part 1 (Both)

Tessa's POV:

"Luke, stop driving so fast, we are going to get in an accident!" I yell at my brother Luke. "You worry too much. I've been driving for two years now. I think I know how to drive just fine thank you very much", he tells me. He looks down for a second to turn the radio up and out of nowhere, a car backs up. Luke looks up just in time to slam on the brakes, but he's too late and we slam into the car. I can feel my seatbelt restraining me from flying through the windshield and I put my legs out to brace myself. I feel my leg break as it makes contact with one of the pieces inside the car and my head hits the windshield. My head starts spinning and I look to my left (I'm from America, so the driver's seat would be on the left of the passenger's seat), and I see Luke passed out on the steering wheel and blood all over his face and body. I look out the window and the last thing I see before I black out is a man running up to the car with a phone in his hand.

Louis' POV:

I was driving home from the hospital where I work, when out of nowhere, a car backs up out of a driveway and smashes into another car. I park off to the side of the road, grab my doctor bag, and call 911 for an ambulance while I run over to assess the damages of the victims. "Yes, I'm here off of Robin St. where an accident just happened. We are going to need an ambulance, and fire truck to get the victim's out of the car. I don't know the extent of the victim's injuries, but I'm a doctor, so I'll try to help as much as I can".

I hang up once they tell me an ambulance and fire engine has been dispatched and I get to the car. I can see two people inside, both unconscious and I can't get the door open. I head over to the other car and the guy inside is fine. He has a few cuts, so I clean him up, but other than that he's fine. I go back over to the other car, just as the fire department gets here. "Hey! I need to get this door off. I'm a doctor and these kids need medical attention, but the door's stuck", I yell over to the firemen and they get their tools to open the door with.

They get the door open after a few minutes, and make sure that it's safe for me to get in, just when the ambulance gets there. "I'm going to need a stretcher, IV of pain meds, neck braces, splints, and lots of gauze", I tell the paramedic as I take in their injuries. The paramedic brings me over all the supplies that I asked for and I get my stethoscope and light out of my bag to check on these kids. I check the girl's pulse first and it's strong, but fast. I put a neck brace on her to keep her from further injuring herself before I do anything else. She's probably in a lot of pain right now with how fast her pulse is beating. I start her on an IV of pain medicine and check if there's anything else wrong with her. I can see her leg is broken, so I splint it and she has cuts all over from the glass breaking, so I get the glass out, clean them up, and bandage them.

I then climb over her, to the guy in the driver's seat. I check his pulse and it's really weak. I put a neck brace on him as well, then I grab my stethoscope. I can hear liquid in his lungs, which means that his lungs are punctured and blood is getting in them. I have to release some of the pressure on his lungs or else he can die of him not being able to breathe. I grab a scalpel that I had in my bag and I look for a pen of some sort. I see one and I take all the parts out, only leaving the shell of the pen left. I then cut through his shirt and using my scalpel, I cut right below his lungs and insert the pen into it. I can already hear him not wheezing as much as it relieves some of the pressure on his lungs.

Just as I'm finishing this up and checking him for any other injuries, the girl wakes up. "What happened?" I hear her ask. "Hi love, my name's Dr. Tomlinson, but call me Louis. You were in a car accident and have a broken leg. Try not to move, the fire department's trying to cut enough of the car to get you guys out safely. What's your name love and what's his name?" "My name is Tessa. That's my brother Luke. Is he going to be okay?" she asks. "He has a punctured lung, but I'm making it so that he can breathe a little better. Can you hold this while I check him for any other injuries?" I ask her and she holds the pen that's helping her brother breathe. I start checking him and see a broken arm, a few broken fingers, obviously he has some broken ribs since they are what punctured his lung in the first place, and quite a few cuts on his head. I insert an IV of pain medication into his arm and start to splint his fingers and arm.

When I get done with that, the firefighters have cut enough of the car to get a backboard and a stretcher in. They send in the backboard and I first get Tessa hooked to it, since she's closer to the door. They get her out and put her on a stretcher, then send in another backboard for Luke. I hook him up as well and they get him out of the car. I then come out and follow after Tessa. The other paramedics have Luke's condition under control, so I decide to ride with Tessa to the hospital to keep her calm.

We get to the hospital and I see one of the other doctors. "Dr. Payne, this is Tessa and her brother Luke should have shown up just a little while ago. They were in a car accident, can you take them under your care?" I ask him and he says yes. "Thank you so much Liam. I have to leave now and go home. Keep me updated on them". He agrees and I leave for home.

The next day, I go to work and while I'm on my rounds I visit Luke and Tessa's room. They are a little scratched up, but none the less, they will make a full recovery. I'm just glad that I was there when I was and could help save them.