Imagine for Myrabbitsarecute (5SOS)

Brooke's POV:

"Next up in the 15 year old bracket for show jumping is Brooke, please station your horse", I hear the announcer call over the loudspeaker and my anxiety increases. It's my first time competing in an English Show Jumping competition with my horse Midnight, who's a black Arabian horse, and I'm kind of nervous. I saddle up, get my helmet situated on my head, jump on Midnight, and steer him towards the starting line. I get there just in time to see the girl in front of me do really well, jumping over the poles quickly and not knocking a single one down, scoring a "clear round". She's going to be hard to beat, but I know that Midnight and I can beat it if we do everything right. I get ready at the starting line, I hear the buzzer telling me to go and we are off. I love this feeling of adrenaline pumping through my veins and feeling like I can do anything. I steer Midnight through the course but loose concentration for one second, when disaster strikes. Midnight hesitated at one of the jumps and because I wasn't giving my full concentration at that moment, I wasn't hanging on as tight and I get thrown over his head, and land right on the poles. I can see people running my way as well as people trying to get my horse to calm down so he doesn't trample me, but all I feel is pain. I hear a voice, but before I can understand what they're saying, I black out.

Calum's POV:

                Michael and I are the on call paramedics for the Horse Show Jumping competition. Usually nothing worse than a few scratches from the horse kicking or them falling down or something like that ever actually happens at these things, but just in case something serious does happen, then they have paramedics standing by. So far all we had to deal with is a ten year old girl who scraped her knee. Mikey cleaned and bandaged it up for her and she was on her way.

                I'm watching a rider now and she's really good. I think I heard the announcer say her name was Brooke, and if I had to place bets on who'd win, it would be her. I see her eyes lose concentration for a second and her horse stops, making her get thrown over the horse and landing on the jumping poles. I turn to Mikey and we both grab our equipment and run as fast as we can over to her. We get there and I can see her helmet fell off in the fall and she's starting to black out, so I start asking her questions, trying to have her stay with us, while Mikey starts taking vitals. "Hey love, what's your name? Does anything hurt?" I hear her moan in pain but I get no answer. "Heartbeat is strong but too fast, blood pressure is high, probably from her being in pain, and pulse is fast. I'm going to administer some pain medicine intravenously", Mikey tells me after taking her vitals. I start checking for any cuts or broken bones, as well as put a neck brace on her just to be safe. Mikey gets a line in her and runs off to get the stretcher so we can load her up and take her to the hospital, as I put a splint on her arm that's broken. We get her on a stretcher, lift her up, load her in the ambulance and are off to the hospital.

Ashton's POV:

                It's been a fairly slow day at the hospital ER today. Only a few broken bones and stitches came in so far. Luke and I have actually been able to get some paperwork done. "15 year old girl, Brooke, fell off a horse while competing in a show jumping competition and landed on some poles. Was unconscious but responsive when we got to her. Broken arm, possible concussion, and possible spinal. Gave her 10 cc of pain medication intravenously", I hear as Calum and Michael run in through the emergency bay doors. I knew our slow day was too good to be true. I run over, as well as Luke runs over. "I'm going to need a full body x-ray as well as a CAT scan stat!" I say as I shine a light in her eyes to check if they dilate properly. Luke tells me that there's a spot open right now in radiology for an x-ray as well as CAT scan. We rush Brooke over to radiology and scan her to make sure nothing else is broken, as well as she doesn't have a concussion.

                The scans come back in a little while once we've gotten Brooke a bed for the night in the ER. It turns out that she has a broken arm, as well as a slight concussion. She's lucky she had on her helmet and riding gear or it could have been a lot worse. She's going to have to stay in here for the night, just so that we can keep an eye on her. She starts to wake up while Luke's setting and putting a cast on her arm. "Where am I? Is my horse okay?", she asks. "Love, you're in the hospital. Your horse threw you off and you landed on some poles. I heard that your horse is fine and someone put it back in its stable. Does anything hurt?" I ask her. "Just my head and arm a little" "Okay, let me give you something to help with the pain then", I say and go to get her some pain meds while Luke finishes up her cast. I come back and give her the pain meds. Pretty soon, she's yawning and her eyes keep closing. "Get some rest, love", I tell her and her eyes close all the way as her breathing evens out, and I leave to go to the waiting room to tell her parents that she's okay.

                The next day, her parents sign her out and Brooke's given some pain meds and told not to ride for at least two months.