Imagine for... (1D)

Harry's POV:

I'm running through the London streets, trying to get to the clinic that I work at, on time, when out of nowhere I feel someone slam right into me. I stumble back, but stay standing, then look down to see a young girl, no more than 8 years old, laying on the ground, looking dazed and hurt. I immediately crouch down and start making sure that she's okay, as I'm a doctor, and I first start checking her pulse, then her eyes. "Love, my name's Harry. Can you look me in the eyes? I just want to make sure that you're okay", I tell the young girl, and she slowly looks up, looking really confused and unfocused. I immediately recognize the symptoms of a concussion, and know that I have to get her somewhere safe and out of the way so that she doesn't get hurt anymore. "Love, I'm going to help you up. We need to move somewhere out of the streets so that you don't get further hurt", I tell her, then gently help her up. "Can you tell me your name?" I ask as she leans her small frame on me and we walk to a bench nearby. "Leia. I don't feel good", she tells me, starting to panic from the unknown. "It's going to be okay, I'm going to help you. I'd really like it if you met a few of my friends though. Would you be okay with that? I promise, no one will hurt you", I ask her and she nods her head, too unfocused to really know what she's doing, which makes me really worried about her health. I help her back up, but she's so dazed that she can't stay standing, and starts to sway, so I gently lift her tiny figure into my arms and carry her to the clinic where Louis, Liam, Niall, and I work.

I carry Leia into the clinic, and Louis is the first to see me. "Haz, where...Who's the girl and what happened to her?" he quickly says, already going into doctor mode. "This is Leia. She ran into me on my way here, and it seems that she has a concussion", I tell him, placing Leia on a bed, while Louis gets an Iv in her and her hooked up to a few monitors while I start taking her vitals. While he's in the midst of putting the oximeter on her finger to monitor her pulse, Leia wakes up a bit, and sees all the medical tools, and machines around her and starts to panic. "Where am I?" she asks in a shaky scared voice. Before I can answer though, Louis answers. "Sweetheart, you're at the hospital clinic. My name's Louis. I'm just going to put a few stickers on you to make sure that you're okay, then we are going to go to a room where they take pictures and make sure that the bump on your head isn't going to hurt you", he tells her in a sweet, comforting tone. "Please, don't hurt me. I've been hurt too much before", she tells us, which make both of us worried. "Love, who's hurt you before?" I ask, but she just cries. "Okay sweetheart, we promise nothing will hurt you ever again", Louis tells her and gives her a comforting hug. "Can I take a look in your eyes with my light?" he asks and she slowly nods her head. Louis quickly has her eyes follow the light and says, "Okay sweetie, I know that it's scary, but we need to see if your head's okay. We are going to take you down to radiology, and you will get to meet Niall and Liam, okay. I promise, they're not going to hurt you, only take pictures of your head", Lou says and we bring Leia down to radiology.

When we get down there, I see Niall and go over to explain the whole situation, while Louis brings Leia to Liam so that he can start getting her ready and set up. "Hey Ni, this is Leia. She collided with me on my way here, and has a concussion. We need to make sure that she doesn't have any bleeds or pressure in the brain that could hurt her further. She's also a bit scared and hesitant towards all of this, so just be gentle and patient with her", I tell him. "Okay, no problem", he then turns to Leia and says, "Leia, it's nice to meet you. My name's Niall, and as you probably met, that's Liam. We are friends of Louis and Harry, and we promise that we won't hurt you. Can I ask you to lay down on this bed right here, then we can get started. We're just going to take pictures of your head to make sure nothing is wrong. It might get a bit loud, so here are some earplugs. Also, would you like anyone in here with you while the machine is running?" he asks and hands her some earplugs. Leia takes the ear plugs and pleads, "Can Harry stay with me? Please?" I immediately feel my heart break at how desperate she sounds to just wanting me to stay with her, and I nod my head with no doubt in my mind that I would do anything to make this young girl happy. I grab a hold of her hand, giving it a light squeeze to let her know that I'll be there for her. She gives me a worried smile, then lays down on the machine and puts the earplugs in.

I continue to hold her hand, and when the machine comes on, she squeezes it, letting me know that she's really scared. I squeeze back, letting her know that I'm right here, and soon Niall's turning off the machine and telling us that he's got enough pictures of her head to determine if anything's wrong with it and that Liam is getting them developed so that we can take a look and make sure that she's okay. I get Leia out of the machine, and bring her close to my chest, comforting her and letting her know that I'm here for her as she calms down. "I didn't like that. Please don't do that again. I've been in too many small dark places in my life, and I really didn't like that", she whimpers and it breaks my heart, and lets me know a little more about what she's been through. "It's okay love. I'm right here. Nothing's going to happen to you. I've got you", I continuously repeat in her ear while holding her close to me and running my fingers through her hair to calm her down.

She slowly calms down, and Louis comes in with a chocolate bar, and some orange juice. "Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?" he asks her and hands her the sweet treats. "Okay I think. I still don't feel 100%, and I'm still a bit dizzy, but I think I trust you guys more, and I know that you just want me to be okay. I feel fairly safe with you, and I haven't felt that way in a really long time", she says and starts eating the chocolate bar. Louis and I smile and give her a hug. "Leia, I'm really glad that you feel that way. I know that we just met, but I think it was destiny that we met you. What would you say once we get you better, if we would adopt you? You, me, Louis, Liam, and Niall? Make you part of our family?" I ask her, and her face just beams in happiness. "I think I would like that a lot. Thank you", she says and gives us a huge hug.

For the rest of the week, Louis, Niall, Liam and I take care of Leia, making sure that her head is all better, she's healthy, and that she feels safe and content. Leia, Niall and Liam have become really close, almost like brothers and sister. Liam and Leia are always getting into something together, and Niall is starting to teach her how to play guitar. Whereas Louis has become like a mother hen towards her, making sure that she's eating enough, and making sure that she gets lots of hugs and love. She's already so close to us, that all we need is the papers to make it legal. That's been my job for the past week now, and I've been in contact with the orphanage that she was in, many of times, trying to get them to let me adopt her. I finally got the papers that needed to be signed in order to adopt Leia and make her part of the family, and I've signed them. Now she is Leia Styles. Even though it hurts me that Leia got hurt in the process, I'm so glad that she bumped into me that day because she deserves a life filled with happiness and love, and I'm glad that she is finally able to have that and we are able to give that to her.