Imagine for JenniXCX (Both)

Jennifer's POV:

OMG! I have the worst cramps in the history of ever! Every month when my period comes, I get some of the worst cramps known to man, but this isn't normal. This is worse. Normally, I get a high fever, cramps, and migraine headaches that last for days on end. My older brother, Calum, is a doctor, so he usually helps me and takes care of me. He will get me heating pads for the cramps and medicine for the headaches, makes sure I drink tons of water and fluids, and give me a shot to help with the fevers.

However, this time, nothing is working! The heating pads are just magnifying the pain to a greater level, and my fever is only increasing, even though Calum gave me the shot already. This isn't normal, and Calum notices.

"Jen, I think we have to go to the hospital. You aren't getting better and it's been three days. Your fever is too high for me to treat you here any longer. I think something else might be happening, and I need to get you checked out before something bad happens", he tells me and I nod, in too much pain to say anything more. He helps me up, but I can't walk without curling in pain from the cramps, so instead, he lifts me up in his arms and carries me out to his car. He lays me down in his back seat and we drive to the hospital that he works at.

Usually, Calum works in pediatrics and is my doctor there, since I'm still considered a kid at 15 years old, but today we have to go through ER today because it's so serious. Calum can't be my doctor today, and it scares me that I won't know who will be taking care of me. Because Calum works at the hospital though, he's able to get me in in no time and he knows many of the doctors that work here, so he asks one of his friends to see me. It comforts me a little that even though he won't be my doctor today, at least he knows the guy who will be.

Once I'm on a bed, hooked up to monitors and such by one of the nurses, the curtain opens up and I see a guy with blonde hair come in. "Hey Niall, thanks for doing this. This is my sister, Jennifer. Jen, this is Dr. Niall. He's one of my friends and he'll make sure you're okay", Calum introduces us. "Hi Jennifer, What seems to be the problem sweetie?" he asks me with kind eyes. I'm a little embarrassed to tell him, seeing as it's about my period that I'm going to be talking about. I'm used to it with Calum, but I just met Niall, so it's a little embarrassing for me. "I have been having really bad cramps and a really high fever for a few days. I started my period a few days ago, and I usually get bad cramps, headaches, and fevers, but this is so much worse than normal. It feels like fire is consuming my abdomen and everything I do, only makes it worse", my cheeks turning red as I tell him.

"Okay sweetie, can I just do a small exam to see what might be up then?" I nod my head and he starts the exam. First he checks my temperature, which is 102.8, which is really high and on the verge of being really dangerous. He then gives me a blood test, and I have to close my eyes when I see the needle. I'm not that scared of needles, I just don't like seeing them. I feel him insert it and in less than a minute, it's out. He then checks my eyes, ears, nose, and throat to see if I have any other symptoms. "You don't have any other symptoms I can see, however, I'm going to have to palpate your stomach now and see if there's any other things wrong. I'll try to be as gentle as I can", he tells me and Calum gives me his hand to hold while Niall does the exam.

Niall's POV:

I have a feeling I know what's wrong with Jennifer and I'm really hoping that I'm wrong. If I'm right, then it's not her cramps that's making her hurt, but something way worse. I lift her shirt up a little, just enough for me to see her stomach, and I can already see that it's swollen and tender. I gently feel around, and when I get to the bottom right quadrant, she screams in pain. "Sorry, sweetie. I think I know what's wrong though now. I'm just going to do an ultra sound just to make sure", I tell her and get the ultra sound machine ready. I put the gel on her abdomen and moved that wand around. I see what I thought I'd see and tell her, "It's not just cramps. You have appendicitis and will need surgery to remove it or else you will be in more pain", I tell her and she starts to cry. "Jen, it's going to be okay. This will help you feel better, and Niall won't let anything happen to you. He'll make you better. Please stop crying Hun", Calum tells her and looks at me. I nod my head and leave to get prepped for the OR.

After a few minutes, I go back to Jennifer's room and roll her gurney down to the waiting OR room. "Jennifer, can you count down from 10 for me?" I ask as I give her some medicine to help her relax and sleep. Before she's even half way done, she's asleep. I grab a scalpel and cut into her skin. I then find her appendix, clamp it, and cut it out. As I pull the inflamed appendix out, it ruptures in my hand. If we would have waited just a few more minutes to do the procedure, it would have ruptures inside her, and then we would have had a really big problem. The fluid from the appendix would have gotten in her blood stream and gotten her really sick. She just got really lucky that that didn't happen.

I close the wound and take her up to the recovering room, where Calum is waiting and I tell him what happened in the OR. "Thank you for saving my sister", he says and gives me a hug. I reciprocate the hug and leave him to be with his sister.

A few days later, Jennifer's feeling a lot better. Her fever broke a few days ago and her stitches look good and aren't infected. I tell them that she can be dis-charged anytime now as long as Calum checks on her stitches and they come back if there are any more problems. They agree and Calum takes her back home.