Imagine for Brittany36911 (1D)

Molly's POV:

I'm sitting at home playing soccer in the backyard with my daddy, Louis. I'm only six, so I'm not very good yet, but it's a lot of fun to kick the ball and daddy's teaching me how to dribble. All of a sudden when I'm running around the yard dribbling the ball, I just start coughing. It feels like I can't get enough air and soon I can hear myself wheezing. Daddy hears me and starts getting worried so he runs over to me.

You see, daddy is a doctor, so he gets worried whenever either mommy or I get sick or hurt. When Daddy gets to me he kneels down on the ground so he's eye level with me and asks, "Hey MollyBolly, are you feeling okay baby? You're couching an awful lot". I shake my head to tell him that I don't feel well, and I continue to cough and my wheezing gets even worse. It's starting to hurt now, with just how much I'm coughing and I start to cry in pain. Daddy gets worried, so he lifts me in his arms and starts rubbing my back to try to calm me down and stop the coughing. It doesn't work and I'm still coughing, so Daddy says, "Okay baby, let's go to my office and get this checked out?" I nod into his chest and continue to cough, while daddy starts walking inside and takes my upstairs to his office.

His office is like a mini doctor's office. It has a table and computer, as well as all the supplies for a check-up. It even has medicine to cure people. Daddy sets me down on the table and walks over to grab his coat and stethoscope. "Baby, let me check your breathing. I'm only going to use my stethoscope, so no need to be afraid". He puts the stethoscope ends in his ears and puts the other end on my chest. I cringe because it's so cold. "Sorry baby. I know it's cold. Let me warm it up for you a little". He takes the end and rubs it in his hands to get the metal a little warmer. Then he continues and puts it back on my chest. It's a little warmer, so I don't mind it as much this time. "Big breathes baby. Just like right before you go swimming", he tells me. I try to breathe deeply, but every time I try, I just start coughing. Pretty soon, daddy finishes checking my lungs and starts checking my other body parts. He checks my eyes, nose, mouth, and ears with a light and feels my tummy for anything out of the ordinary.

I'm still wheezing a little, but the coughing has gone down now, so it doesn't hurt as much anymore. Daddy gets done and he tells me, "MollyBolly, you have asthma, which means that when you run or play, your lungs might not be able to get the air that it needs. That's why you were wheezing and it hurt to breathe, because you weren't getting the air in your lungs. I'm going to give you a breathing treatment for this time, because it was the first time and it was so bad, but I'll give you an inhaler for next time. Now you have to pinky promise me that you will always carry the inhaler on you no matter what. I love you and I don't want you to be in pain if this happens again, so you have to have it with you at all times okay". I nod my head and wrap my pinky around his to let him know that I pinky promise. He starts setting up this machine like thing that looks kind of scary and has all these wired coming out of it. I start crying, not in pain now, but in fear. This of course makes my asthma kick in again and I feel like I can't breathe again.

Daddy sees this and runs over to me. He lifts me onto his lap, puts a mask-like thing on my face and tells me to breathe in slowly, while he holds me and pets my hair in comfort. The mask tastes weird, but I continue to breathe in the medicine that will help me not wheeze. He continues comforting me and tells me that I'm doing really well and he's proud of me, and pretty soon I can feel my lungs breathe normally and I'm not wheezing anymore. Daddy takes the mask off and checks my breathing again with the stethoscope and says that my breathing's back to normal.

While all this was happening, there was one question that kept circling in my brain, so I ask, "Daddy, does this mean that you and I can't play soccer anymore?" "Of course we can play soccer, we just have to be careful and if you feel like you did today, then you'll have to tell me and take your inhaler". I smile and tell him, "Good because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play soccer with you anymore, especially with you. I love you Daddy. Thank you for making me feel better". He smiles and pulls me in for a hug and gives me a kiss on the forehead, while telling me, "I love you too baby. You are my MollyBolly and I don't want anything bad to ever happen to you".