Imagine for alyssahemming99 (5SOS)

Alyssa's POV:

I woke up, with my throat on fire, a head ache, and feeling really cold. "Great, I'm sick. What am I going to do about the concert tonight? Forget that, how am I going to hide this from Luke?" I think to myself as I lay there and contemplate what I'm going to do. You see, my boyfriend, Luke, isn't just 1 /4 of the band 5SOS, but he's also a doctor. I've always been afraid of doctors though, so I really don't want to have him know that I'm sick. Not only would he not allow me to perform tonight, but he would want to examine me, and I definitely don't want that. I know, my boyfriend's a doctor, so it's silly for me to be scared, but I love him for who he is, not for his professions. Yeah, he's a doctor sometimes, but we've been together for 2 years now and first and foremost, he's sweet, and funny, and caring, and so much more that make me love him. We love each other for who we are, not for our profession, so I deal with him being a doctor, and know that he won't let anything hurt me. However, that doesn't mean that I'm going to let him examine me, just that I accept both of his professions.

Once I wake up completely, I decide that I would get a shower, thinking that it would relieve some of the aches and pains of my body right now, and make it seem like I'm not sick for when I meet Luke later today. Once out of the shower, I try to get dressed, but I barely have the energy to do so. When I'm finally dressed, I go downstairs, being really gentle of my achy body, to get a glass of water, thinking that it might help relieve some of the burning pain in my throat. However, when I take a sip, it feels like glass is going down my throat, so I stop and just go rest on the couch, trying to get warm under a blanket.

A few minutes later, I hear the doorbell ring. I slowly get up, and look through the peek hole in the door. I can see Luke standing there, and I immediately try to make myself look better. I pinch my cheeks, and throw the blanket back on the couch, groaning in pain when I move too fast, then open the door. Luke's standing there with a rose in his hand and a smile on his face. "Hey beautiful, I thought it would be nice if I drove us to the arena, and we could just hangout before the concert", he says as he leans in for a hug and kisses my cheek. When he kisses my cheek though, he pulls away and says, "Babe, are you feeling okay? You're awfully warm", and goes to touch my forehead with his hand. I quickly stop him and say, "I'm fine Luke. Let's get going", but my voice cracks a little at the end. He gives me a funny look, but grabs my hand and pulls me into his side, as we walk to the car.

Along the way to the arena, I start to feel worse. I'm literally shivering, and my headache and throat hurt even worse than before. I can see Luke noticing this, and he gives me his hand to hold to try to comfort me, in which I take. When we get to the arena, Luke helps me out of the car and the breeze from outside is only making me colder. We quickly get inside, where it's warmer, but I'm still shivering. Luke brings me closer to his body, trying to warm me up and whispers in my ear, "Babe, I know you're sick. You're miserable and only making yourself sicker by not letting me help you. You know that I love you, and I don't like to see you hurt or sick. Please, will you let me examine you and help make you feel better", he says as he kisses my ear. Right now, I feel so horrible that I nod my head yes. Luke helps me get to the dressing room, and lays me down on the couch. "I'll be right back. Not even a minute. I just have to get my bag and tell the other guys to not bother us", he tells me and kisses my forehead. He leaves, but as he said, not even a minute later, he comes back with a bag in his hand. He kneels in front of me and starts to take out a few tools from his bag. He grabs the thermometer first, and says, "I already know that you have a fever, but I need to know how high it is. If it's too high, then I might need to give you something to help bring it down". He puts the device in my ear and I hear a click. "101.5 it's pretty high, but not as high as I thought", he says and hands me a pill and a glass of water. "This will help bring your temperature down and help relieve some of your aches and pains", he tells me as I take it and wince when I swallow. He sees me wince and asks me, "What all hurts babe? It looked like your throat hurts, but what else?" as he strokes my hair and cheek. It feels really good, and I lean into his hand and tell him, "My head hurts, my throat feels like it's on fire and I'm freezing" "Okay, well the medicine will help with the fever and the headache. Can you open your mouth so that I can see what's making your throat hurt?" he asks in a soothing voice. I nod my head, and open my mouth for him. He grabs his light and shines it into my mouth. "Babe, it looks like you have strep throat. Let me just get a swab sample, and then I'll give you something to help relieve the pain and make it feel better", he tells me and quickly swabs my throat. I wince and gag, but he's done quickly and puts it in a bag to test later. He then brings me closer to him and just cuddles me for a few minutes, and I just relish in his warmth and comfort that he's giving off.

After a few minutes of cuddling, we break apart and I can see him grab a tub of something. "This is a soothing balm. I'm going to put it on your throat and it's going to help heal your throat and relieve the pain", he says as he puts the gel-like substance on my throat. I can already feel the medicine helping to sooth the ache in my throat and it feels so good. Once Luke's put it on, he gets up to grab a blanket, picks me up so that he can cuddle with me, and lays the blanket over us. "Sleep babe", he tells me and gives me a kiss on the head. I fall asleep minutes later, warm and snuggled next to the guy I love.

A few hours later, Luke wakes me up and does another check-up on me. "Your fever has gone down and your throat isn't as red, but I don't think you should sing tonight. Just rest and get better and hopefully you will be able to sing later this week at our next concert", he tells me and I'm bummed. I was looking forward to singing tonight, but I know that he's right so I nod my head. Right then, the other guys come running in and yell, "Luke, we're on in five! Let's go!" Luke gives them a glare to be quiet, but gets up to go. Before he leaves, he strokes my hair and gives me a kiss on the nose. "Get some more sleep babe", he tells me and I close my eyes, while he leaves to start the concert with the other guys. Right before I fall asleep again, all I can think is that I'm so lucky to have Luke in my life and that I love him so much.