Imagine for Brittany36911 (1D)

Sydney's POV:

 I wake up to my alarm blaring and my head pounding. I look up and see that it's 7:00 am, and I have to get up for the first day of school. I slowly get up and notice just how much my head hurts, and that I have a really bad pain in my stomach. I try to ignore it though, because I hate going to the doctors. Instead I get ready for school and end up dressing really warm because I feel so cold and take some Tylenol for the pain.

 I go downstairs and see my dad at the table reading the newspaper and mom making breakfast. "Hi mom, hi dad", I greet them and give them a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning baby. Are you ready for the first day of school?" my mom asks me. I nod my head and sit down at the table. Mom sets some eggs and toast in front of me, which I normally love, but today I'm just not hungry. I pick at it and eat a little of it, then leave to go to the bus stop to wait for the bus. I get on the bus, sit down in an empty seat, put my headphones in, and listen to my music on the way to school. Normally this would calm me down, but today it just further instigates my headache. I take them out as we get to school and head off to my first class. In my first class, my headache turns into a full on migraine and my stomach hurts too badly for me to concentrate on the class. Soon I hear my name being called, "Sydney, Sydney!" I hear the teacher yell at me. "What? Oh sorry. What did you say?" I ask. "I asked if you were feeling okay. You're not acting your usual self right now, and I was wondering if everything was alright?" "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just didn't get enough sleep last night", I lie and he continues with his lecture. When the class ends, I go to stand up and get to my next class, but my head starts spinning and everything around me gets blurry. I can see my teacher walking towards me and asking me something, but before I can ask him to repeat the question, I blackout.

 Zayn's POV (Sydney's father):

When Sydney came down today, I noticed that she wasn't herself completely. She barely ate anything and looked like she was in pain. I didn't say anything, but I'm going to ask her about it when she gets home today.

 Before she gets home however, I get a call from the school telling me that Sydney has passed out and that she needs to go to the doctors. I quickly get my keys and wallet and rush to the school to get her and take her to the doctors. In the car ride, I call one of my good friends, Niall, who has since become a doctor and has his own practice. "Hello? Zayn? Are you alright?" Niall answers. "Hey Ni, yeah I'm alright. I was wondering though if you had an opening in your schedule to do a check up on my daughter. She passed out at school today and I'm worried about her" "Yeah, I have an opening in about an hour. Would that be okay?" "That's perfect. I have to pick her up and then we'll drive over. Thanks Niall" "No problem bud. See you soon". I hang up and pull into the school's parking lot. I go to the office and see Sydney laying down on a cot in the nurse's office. "Hey Syd, how you feeling?" I ask and gently stroke her hair. When I do this, I notice just how hot her head is. She's burning up! "I don't feel good daddy. My head hurts and my tummy hurts", she tells me, regressing to a baby voice because she doesn't feel good. "Okay baby, I'm going to pick you up, and then we are going to get you better okay baby?" She nods her head and I gently pick her up. She whimpers in pain in my arms and curls closer to me when I start walking to the car. Even though she's 10, she's still my baby girl and in moments like these, I just want to be able to be her superhero and take the pain away. We get to the car, and I gently set her down. We then drive to Niall's office.

We are pulling up to the parking lot, when Sydney sees where we are. "Daddy, no, please don't take me here! I just need to sleep! I'll be fine!" she pleads with me and starts to panic. "Baby, I know you don't like the doctor's, but Niall's my friend. He won't hurt you and I think you really need to be checked out since you passed out today", I tell her and pick her up again. I carry her into the office and I see Niall waiting for us at the front area. "Hey Niall, thanks again for taking us in. Sydney passed out at school and I can tell she has a pretty high fever as well" "Okay, let's bring her back and I'll do an exam to see what's the problem". We walk back to a room, me still carrying Sydney, and I set her down on an exam table.

 She starts to panic again and I hold her hand a rub soothing circles into it as she still leans into my chest. "Hey Sydney? My name's Niall. I used to be in a band with your dad when we were younger, but now I'm a doctor and I'm going to make you feel better. Can you tell me what's not feeling good?" Niall asks her. She curls up further in my arms, but nods her head and tells him, "My tummy hurts and my head hurts" "Okay, does your tummy feel like it's going to throw up or does it feel like a stabbing pain?", he asks her. "It feels like a combination of the two. Like I feel like I need to throw up and that would take the pain away, but I can't throw up, so the pain stays". "Okay, I'm just going to check your temperature and your breathing". He grabs a device and puts it in Sydney's ear. "101.7, that's a little high Sydney, so we'll give you some medicine to bring it down in a little bit. Now I need you to let me check your breathing, so you have to move away from Zayn".

 She whimpers, but slowly moves away. Niall checks her breathing, and declares that her breathing's fine and he gets a light out. "Now I'm just going to check your eyes, ears, nose, and throat. It shouldn't hurt. I'm just going to shine this light in them". Again Sydney nods hesitantly and Niall checks her eyes, ears, nose, and throat. "They look good. Now can you just lay down for me so I can check your tummy?" This is when Sydney starts to freak out. "No! It will hurt!" she says and tries to run away. I grab her and hold her. "It's okay Syd, Niall's not going to hurt you. He just wants to make you feel better and the only way to do this, is by seeing if there's anything wrong with your tummy", I tell her as I lay her down. She's still crying and it breaks my heart to see her like this, but I know it has to happen in order for her to get better.

Niall starts feeling her belly and when he gets to her tummy, she whimpers and cries out. "Oww! That hurts! Please stop!" Niall immediately stops. "Okay sweetie, I won't do that again I promise. You have a stomach bug. I'm going to have to give you a shot in order for you to get better, and then some medicine to bring down your fever. Let me just go and get the supplies, and then you'll be all done". Niall leaves, and Sydney starts crying again. "Daddy, I don't want a shot. I'm scared of them. Please protect me from them" "Oh Syd, you know I love you, and would never allow anything to harm you, but this will make you feel better. How about if I sing you a song to calm you down". She nods her head and I start singing.

Niall come back in the room with the supplies on a tray. I keep Sydney's head in my chest, so she doesn't see any of it while I continue to sing. Niall cleans her arm and gives her the shot quickly. "Oww!" "All done Sydney. You'll feel a lot better now. You just have to take this pill for your fever and headache, drink lots of fluids, and sleep", he tells her and me. I thank Niall for helping her, and we soon leave the doctor's office. Along the ride home, Sidney falls asleep, so when we get home I pick her up and carry her to her bed so that she can sleep off the sickness. A few days later and a lot of rest, Sydney is feeling a lot better and goes back to school.