Imagine for Jayyyxoxo (1D)

Janine's POV:

My brother, Liam, and I are on our way to the doctor's office for my annual check-up with my brother's best friend Harry. Harry is a doctor, while Liam is a singer. They've been best friends since before I've been born, so you'd think that I wouldn't be worried going to see him and all, but I am. I know that Harry would never hurt me and only wants to help me and make sure that I'm healthy, but I've always been afraid of doctors or anything medical, so right now, I'm terrified. Liam can see my fear on my face, and is trying to calm me down by having soothing music on in the car, and every so often rubbing my shoulders, however, he has to concentrate mostly on driving, so he can't really be too soothing at the moment.

Once we get to Harry's doctor's office, Liam helps my shaking body out of the car and pulls me tight towards him to try to get me to relax a bit. "Shhh hun, everything's going to be okay. I'll be right there with you, and you know that Harry won't do anything to harm you. He'd rather eat pig's brain than harm you babe", Liam whispers in my ear as he picks me up and carries me into Harry's office. I may be 16, but I love the comfort I feel whenever Liam picks me up and holds me. It just makes me feel safe, and right now, I need to feel safe, so I let him treat me like the little sister of his that I am.

As soon as we walk through the door, Harry sees us and smiles. "Hey Janine, Liam. I have room 1 set up for you guys if you'll just follow me, we can get started", Harry says in a soft voice, trying to keep me as calm as possible. Liam follows Harry and brings me back to a room. The first thing that I see is all the tools laid out that Harry's going to use on me for the exam, and I start to freak out again. I cling to Liam, trying as hard as I can to disappear from this scary experience. Liam in return, holds me as close as he can, and rubs soothing circles on my back. "I'm here hun, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere, but I'm going to have to set you on the table so that Harry can start the exam. I'll keep hold of your hand throughout the whole exam, and you just squeeze it whenever you don't like something or you're scared. Everything will be okay", Liam tells me as he sets me on the cold hard examination table, and takes my much smaller hand into his.

Harry first grabs a blood pressure cuff and starts taking my vitals. He puts the cuff around my upper arm and it starts to squeeze my arm. I don't like the feeling, and I try to get away from it, as well as squeeze Liam's hand as tightly as I can to let him know that I'm scared. As the good big brother that Liam is, he comforts me and quickly pulls me onto his lap to makes sure that I know that I'm safe. Harry quickly finishes taking my blood pressure and then moves onto taking my other vitals. "Okay love, I just need you to open your mouth and say ahhh for me. I promise, this won't hurt a bit. I just want to make sure that your throat is healthy", Harry tells me with his signature smile that lights up his face. I slowly open my mouth, and Harry quickly takes a look at my throat. "Awesome job love, all done", he says with enthusiasm, which makes me smile a little bit at the praise he's giving me. "I'm now going to check your heart and lungs using my stethoscope", Harry tells me as he gets the stethoscope that's around his neck out and puts the device in his ears, then puts the cold bell on my chest.

After about a minute of Harry listening to my heart, I start to worry. I look at his face, and it's all scrunched up in concentration, trying to hear something. Once he's been listening for a few more minutes though, I'm flat out terrified. Why would he be listening to my heart for that long? Is something wrong with me? All these questions fly through my head, and it makes my eyes tear up with the anxiety of not knowing what's happening. Tears fall down my cheeks, and both Harry and Liam see it. Harry removes the stethoscope quickly, and both he and Liam go into comforting modes. "Hun, why are you crying?" Liam asks me as he wipes my tears away with his thumbs. "I-I'm just-t scar-ed", I mutter shakily, and Liam pulls me closer to him to help calm me down. Harry on the other hand puts his hand on my shoulder and gives me a concerned look then says, "Janine, I know you won't like this, but the reason why I was listening to your heart for so long was because I think I heard a murmur in your heart. I can't know for sure without doing a few tests, but everything's going to be okay. I'm going to bring in an ultrasound machine, and have a quick look at what's going on with your heart on the inside. I'm also going to do an EKG on your heart. No need to worry though, it sounds scarier than it is. I'm just going to put stickers on your chest that's going to let me see the rhythm of your heart. Everything will be fine. Even if you have a heart murmur, it's an easy fix with just taking a pill to keep your heart in check", Harry explains to me.

However, as soon as he tells me that I might have a heart murmur, I start to freak out. I don't hear a word that Harry says after, just hearing mumbling in my ears, like what you hear Charlie Brown's parents sound like. My breathing increases, and I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. Liam see's this and instantly goes into protective mode. He holds me, and starts singing some of my favorite songs that he's written over the years. It instantly calms me down, and I'm able to breathe a lot easier. While Liam was calming me down, Harry went and got all the supplies for the tests. He comes back into the room with the ultra sound machine, and EKG monitor in hand. "Okay Janine, I'll try to do these as fast and accurate as I can, and I promise, they won't hurt a bit. Just lay down for me and try to stay calm for me", Harry says in his deep soothing voice, trying to sound as comforting as possible.

Liam helps me lay down on the table, and Harry starts putting these sticker things on my chest, and hooking them up to the EKG machine. He turns it on and you can see my heartbeat on the screen. He then puts some gel on my chest, and uses the ultrasound machine to take a look at my heart. He looks at both the EKG machine, and ultrasound images for a while and then turns them all off and cleans up my chest. Meanwhile, while Harry is doing the tests, Liam has my hand in his, and is laying down right next to me. He is whispering encouragement, and singing in my ear, which is really helping me not panic. It only feels like a few minutes until I feel Harry cleaning me up, and then he says, "You did really well Janine, I'm proud of you. It does seem like you have a heart murmur, so I'm going to prescribe you some pills to help your heartbeat stay on track. Just be careful when doing physical activities, and listen to your body. If you feel lightheaded, or out of breath, sit down immediately. If it gets worse, come see me. With the right medicine and as long as you listen to your body, you should have no problems and you can live the normal life that you live now. You're free to go now if you'd like, but just take it easy for the rest of the day".

I feel relieved to hear that nothing major is wrong, and I can live the life that I live. Liam gives me a big hug and I can feel the tension that he's had for me, relieve a little bit as he takes a big breath and holds me in his arms, glad that I'm okay. He lets go of me, and turns to Harry giving him a hug and saying, "Thanks Haz. I don't know what I'd do without you bro. I'll talk to later", then releases his hold and comes back to where I'm lying on the bed. Liam helps me up, and takes me home. For the rest of the day Liam and I play board games, watch Toy Story, and have a relaxing day. I'm so glad that I have such a loving and comforting brother like Liam.