Imagine for HyperionH (5SOS)

Snow's POV:

I'm so excited for my first basketball competition with my school! I've been practicing a lot and I can't wait to finally show what I know. Right now, we are practicing, and I'm laughing with some of the other girls on my team, when I look over at the other team, and see a girl glaring at me. I look behind me to see if I'm the person she's looking at or not, but there's no one behind me. I look back at her and she gives me a sinister smile and shakes her head before she goes back to practicing with her team. "Well, that wasn't very nice", I think to myself, but shake it off and try to get my head in the game again.

The game starts and I'm point guard, so I'm in charge of telling the team what plays we are going to do. I shout out the play and my team goes into action. I'm bringing the ball down the court when I'm up against the girl that was glaring at me. She keeps trying to defend against me in a way that is illegal. Not only is she leaning over me, which would make her blocking me and she should get a foul, but she keeps trying to push me, but alas, the referees aren't seeing it. I try to get around her, but she blatently pushes me down, causing my knee to bend at a weird angle and a cry to come out of my mouth.

The refs notice this immediately and they stop play. They ban the girl from playing ever again for sportsman-like conduct, while my coach comes over to me. "Snow, are you okay? You can continue to play right?" he asks me, in which I just cry and try to stop shaking from the adrenaline running in my system. "Coach, I don't think I can play anymore", I tell him, but he doesn't listen to me. "Oh, no. You're playing. You're our best point guard we have. You don't want to let your team down do you?" he says as he guilt trips me into playing. I gently get up from the ground, limping a bit and in a lot of pain, but none the less push through it for my team. I limp for the rest of the game, and each time I jump or run, all I feel is excruciating pain radiating through my leg.

We end up crushing the team106-34, which makes me wonder why my coach needed me to continue to play. I mean, if we were beating them so badly, why couldn't he have taken me out and let me rest? But alas, he didn't and now my leg feels like it's disconnected from my body. I still feel all the pain, and I can't put weight on it anymore. Luckily, one of my friends helps me to the locker room, and I ask her if she would call my dad to come pick me up since I definitely can't walk home now and I know that he'd be really worried if I didn't call him, while I try to ignore just how much pain I'm in. You see, my dad and his three best friends are all doctors and have their own clinic, so if he found out that I was in pain and didn't call him, I would be in a lot of trouble. My friend comes back and tells me that he'll be over in a few minutes. She then offers to help me to the parking lot. "Thanks for the offer, but I'll be fine", I tell her as I gingerly stand up on one foot and hop and limp out to the parking lot, pain flaring up and making me feel like it's about to fall off it hurts so bad. I continue my slow journey of hopping and limping to the parking lot, but when I almost get there, I feel a bit light headed. I try to ignore it and just get to the parking lot to meet my dad, but soon blackness overtakes my vision and I pass out.

Luke's POV:

"She did what!?" I ask my daughters friend as she explains to me that Snow hurt her leg and is now limping and in pain. Immediately, I go into protective father mode, and I start worrying for my daughter. No father likes to hear that his baby girl is in pain, but especially when said father is a doctor and knows how to help her, but can't get to her fast enough. "I'll be there in 10 minutes", I tell the young girl on the phone, then hang up on her. I quickly tell the other guys what's happening as I run out of the clinic, and I jump into my car.

I probably broke about 10 traffic laws on my way to Snow's school, but all I can think of is getting my little girl safely into my protective arms as fast as I can. I'm just driving up to her school, when I see a figure on the ground. I look a bit more carefully, and I see that it's Snow! I instantly shut off my car and run out to my passed out daughter, already going into doctor mode and thinking about what she could have wrong with her. I first check to make sure that she has a pulse, is breathing, and that there is no external injuries, like if she's bleeding anywhere, that I'd have to take care of first. I see that she's not bleeding, but her leg is really swollen and black and blue, as well as it looks like the bone is about to stick out of it. "How in the world did she not notice how bad this was? And even if she didn't, how was she able to get this far on this leg", I think to myself as I already have come to the conclusion that her leg is broken and most likely will need surgery.

"Snow, please wake up baby girl", I ask as I try to get her to wake up so that I can ask her what happened, but to no avail, she continues to stay passed out. As gently as I can, I pick her up and carry her over to the car, being extremely careful of not hitting her leg. As soon as she's in the car, buckled in safely, I get in the driver's seat, and drive like no tomorrow, trying to get her to the clinic, and thus the help of the other guys, as fast as possible. On my way there, I call Michael and tell him the situation. "Mikey, Snow's hurt really badly. I'm bringing her in now. She broke her leg and is passed out, most likely from the pain. I'm going to need an IV of pain relief, and saline ready as soon as I get there, as well as I will need x-rays, and an OR prepped and ready for me", I tell him and hang up.

As soon as I get to the clinic, Ashton and Michael are running out with a gurney. We gently lift Snow onto the gurney, and run her in. Calum is already putting the IV in her arm, while Michael is bringing over the portable x-ray machine so that we can see just how bad of a break it is. We get the pictures, and I see that it looks like originally, it was just a bad fracture, but because it wasn't immobilized and treated as soon as possible, it got worse, and now there's two clear breaks as well as some muscle damage. "Let's get her into the OR", I tell the guys, and we wheel her into the operating room.

Once I put the bones back in place, securing them with a few pins and fixing her torn muscles, we place a cast on her, and we wheel her down to a recovering room. I keep her monitored, as well as all the guys are giving her the best care that they can give. Calum is making sure that her pain relief is always replenished, not wanting her to feel any pain. Ashton and I have already set up the appointments for her physical therapy with him. And Michael is plumping her pillows to make sure that she's as comfy as possible. I have also called her friend to hear the full story, and after hearing it, I'm not letting her stay on that team. If she wants to continue basketball, that's fine, but she's doing it with another team. Any coach that doesn't take into consideration the wellness of his players, isn't a good coach, and I refuse to let him treat my daughter that way.

After a few hours of her resting and us worrying, Snow finally wakes up. "What happened?" she asks us as she looks around and sees that she's in a hospital room. "Baby, you broke your leg. I've already called your friend, and she told me everything that happened. You are not going to go back to that team ever again. You can still hang out with your friends from that team, but you're never going to play for that coach ever again", I tell her as I gently prop her up into a sitting position. "Okay dad. Thank you for helping me and making me feel better", she says and I give her a hug. "You're my baby girl. I will always protect you and help you", I tell her and I let her rest for the rest of the day.

A few months later, after Snow and Ashton have finished her physical therapy, Snow has decided to join a different basketball team, in which I'm at the game now. "Go Snow!" I yell out in encouragement, as she sinks her 5th basket of the game. She looks up at me and gives me a thumbs up and a smile. Since she broke her leg, I've promised her that I'll try to be at every game of hers, and I intend to keep that promise. I'm just glad to see that she's having fun with a smile on her face, and is healthy and well again.