Imagine for AshleyMartin946 (1D)

Ashley's POV:

"Dad, do I have to go?" I ask my dad, Niall, as he's taking me to the doctors to get an ultra sound on my heart. For some reason, I've been having pains in my heart and it kind of feels like it's going really fast, which is making my breathing become irregular, so my dad is taking me to the doctor's to get it checked out. The only thing wrong with that is that I'm also very much afraid of the doctors, but I'm trying to not show it and be brave. Instead, I'm acting whiny, like it's just an inconvenience to me. "Yes, you have to go. Don't you want to know what's going on with your heart? Do you want them to help make it better?" he asks as we pull into the parking lot of the doctor's office. "Yeah, I guess", I huff out and we walk in.

We end up waiting in the waiting room for about 15 minutes, until a tall curly haired doctor comes out. "Hi Ashley, I'm Dr. Harry Styles. I hear your hearts been acting up. Let's go see what that's all about", he tells me and I slowly start to follow him, while my dad walks behind me. We get to the room, and Dr. Styles has me put on a gown and sit on the exam table. I'm trying to not show it, but I'm starting to freak out. "Let's take a listen to your heart first with my stethoscope, then we'll do the ultrasound", Dr. Styles tells me as he puts his stethoscope in his ears. "This will be a bit cold love, but I'll try to be fast", he tell me and starts to listen to my heart.

He listens for about a minute, and with each passing second, my nerves are rising. Pretty soon, he's done and he says, "Yeah, I definitely hear something. It sounds like a murmur, but we'll still do the ultrasound, just to be safe. How are you doing love? Your heartbeat was getting faster as I was listening to it. Are you doing okay?" he asks, now with a concerned look on his face, and I break. I can't help the tears coming down my face and I start shaking uncontrollably in fear and nerves. "I-I d-don't w-want t-to d-die. I-I'm s-scared, a-and I-I j-just w-want t-to g-go h-home", I cry hoarsely from all the tears now in my throat.

Dad comes up next to me and takes me in his arms. "Princess, everything's going to be just fine. You're going to be okay. Now, Dr. Styles needs to do the ultrasound in order to help cure you. You're being so brave right now, can you keep it up? I'll be right here for you if you need me", he tells me as Dr. Harry gets the oxygen machine going and puts something in my nose and clips something on my finger. "Right now, your heart is working a lot faster than it should because of your nerves and the crying. This is going to help lower your heartrate and help make sure you're getting enough oxygen to your brain and other limbs. And what I just clipped to your finger will let me see how fast your heart is beating", he tells me, and I just let help me breathe for a while.

Dr. Styles lets me calm down for a bit, just being held by my dad, and soon, I'm able to breathe easier, and my heartrate slows down to a normal pace. "Okay, now that your heartbeat is steady enough, let's try to see what's going on with your heart", Dr. Styles tells me as he brings over a big machine. I start freaking out again, and dad takes my hand in his to let me know that he's there for me. "It's okay. This is just the ultrasound machine. What I'm going to do is put a little bit of gel on your chest and then move this wand device around, which will let me see your heart on this screen", he tells me as he shows me the wand and the screen. "It won't hurt, just might be a little cold and a bit uncomfortable", he says and I nod my head. He puts the gel on first and I cringe in the fact that it's freezing against my warm skin. "Sorry, I told you it'd be a bit cold", Dr. Styles says, trying to hide a small grin on his face. He then grabs the wand and puts it on my chest. He moves it around a bit, and looks at the screen to see what's wrong with my heart. "Okay, so see how every so often your heart takes on a different rhythm? That's what we call heart palpations. It's where your heart isn't finding its own beat, so it makes up a different one every so often. How we fix it is by putting a pacemaker in to help keep it on the same rhythm", he tells me. "Does that mean I have to get surgery?" I ask, starting to freak out again. "Yes, but it's a really non-invasive surgery. What we do is we cut two little holes in your chest, only about an inch in width, and put the pace maker in that way. It's a fairly quick recovery time, and it's the least painful way. There's hardly any complication with it", he tells me trying to calm me down, but it's not helping. Dad takes my hand in his and starts rubbing soothing circles on it, as he hums one of my favorite songs. I slowly settle down, and my heartrate slows to a normal pace again.

I look up at Dr. Styles and slowly, I nod my head to show that I'd be okay for the surgery. "Okay, so I'm just going to call in a nurse now and they'll just get you prepped and then we'll take you down to the surgery room", he tells me and he pages someone else to the room as he leaves for a bit. Soon, a nurse comes in and gets me all prepped and ready to go. I turn to my dad and give him a look like I'm really scared. "Everything's going to be okay princess. Dr. Styles is going to take really good care of you and when we get home, we can watch your favorite movies and just have a daddy, daughter day. How's that sound", he tells me as he leans down and gives me a peck on the forehead to help calm me down. I nod my head and the nurse takes me down to the OR. Dr. Styles is there waiting for me and he hooks me up to an IV and puts a mask over my mouth and nose. "Can you count back from 10 love?" he asks me. I only get to 8 before I pass out and then I don't remember anything after that.

When I wake up, the first person I see is my dad who's holding my hand in his and sleeping in the chair next to me. I slowly start to sit up and I feel an ache in my chest. I look down my gown and see that I have a few bandages over my heart and chest, and remember what all happened. Not even a minute later, Dr. Styles comes in. He sees me and says, "Hi Ashley. How are you feeling? Do you hurt anywhere?" "My chest aches a bit, but it's okay. Did everything go well then?" "Yes, everything went perfect. You'll probably be a bit sore for a few days, but as long as everything checks out here, you'll be free to go. With your pacemaker, you might feel your heart jump every so often. This is normal. It just means that it's doing its job and making sure that your heart is on the correct rhythm", he tells me as he listens to my heart with his stethoscope and checks and changes the bandages, and deems them all good.

Right when he finishes, dad wakes up. He sees that I'm awake and says, "Ash, how are you feeling princess?" as he gently gives me a hug. "Good. Dr. Styles said that I can go home soon", I tell him and he nods his head. Once my dad has signed all the paperwork, and everything, he helps me up and I change back into my normal clothes. We thank Dr. Styles for everything, and then head home. For the rest of the day, we watch movies and every so often, my heart gives a little jump, but that's okay because that means that it's working correctly.