Imagine for cookiemoster036 (1D)

Chinouk's POV:

"Are you ready kiddo?" my older brother Niall asks me right before it's time to do my beam routine. Right now, I'm at the world championships for gymnastics and if I win this, I could be going to the Olympics. I'm extremely nervous, but I know that everything will be okay as long as I have my brother's support. "I think so. Just nervous right now and I'm trying to go over my routine in my head", I say, shaking my hands out and jumping up and down to try to get the nerves out of my system. "Come here princess", Niall says, using his nickname he gave me when we were little as he pulls me into his arms and gives me a hug to help calm me down. After a little bit, he let's go of me and goes back to his seat in the stands to root me on. I take a breath, chalk up my hands, and start my routine.

Everything is going really well and I can see that if I continue at this level, I will easily make the team. That is until my hand slips a little bit as I'm in the middle of a flip, and I fall. I land on my arm and all I can feel is pain go down my arm. I scream out in pain and collapse to the ground trying to wrap my head around the amount of pain I'm in. The first thing that I feel apart from the pain is Niall's arms. He wraps them around me, trying to protect me from the pain, but nothing's helping. "Chinouk, what hurts? You have to tell me what you're feeling so that I can try to help you", he tells me and wipes my pain-filled teary eyes. "Arm", is all I can say because I'm in so much pain, and Niall immediately looks at my arm. All of a sudden, I'm being lifted into his arms, and he's telling my coach that he has to get me to the hospital, then we head out and he puts me in the passenger seat of his car and we drive off.

As we are driving, Niall explains to me the situation. "Chinouk, I think you dislocated your arm, as well as I'm going to guess that you broke it too. That's why you're in so much pain right now. I'm going to take you to Harry and Liam, and they're going to make you feel better, okay?" he says and I nod my head, trying to ignore the pain, but not really able to. Harry and Liam are two of Niall's best friends, and they are doctors. They've known each other since high school, and are like brothers, so in a way, they're like my second brothers. I trust them the same as I trust Niall, so I know that they will make sure that I get better and that I'm not in pain.

We drive up to Harry and Liam's clinic and Niall helps me out of the car, then we walk into the clinic. I see Louis first, Niall's other best friend whose Harry and Liam's receptionist, and he sees the pained expression on my face. "Chinouk? What's wrong sweetheart?" he asks and Niall explains what happened. Louis then runs on back and in a few minutes, both Liam and Harry are brought out with him. "Hey love, we heard you're in a lot of pain. Can we take a look at it and then we will make it better?" Harry kindly asks me as he gives me a gentle hug on my good side, while Liam goes and gets a wheel chair for me to sit in. I nod my head and sit on down in the wheelchair, and Liam rolls me into a room.

Once we are in a room, I start to get a bit nervous and scared. Even though I've known Liam and Harry pretty much since I was a little girl, and I know that they would never hurt me, I'm still a bit scared in what's going to happen, and how much pain I'll be in, as well as what it will mean for me for gymnastics. Niall sees my scared face as Liam and Harry are getting the supplies and everything ready, and he gently pulls me over to sit on his lap. I curl up into his comforting chest, trying to get rid of the pain and fear, while he runs his fingers through my hair to try to calm me down. "Shh, princess, everything's going to be alright. Just relax and it will be over before you know it", he tells me and I'm comforted by his words.

Pretty soon, Liam walks over and I can see a needle in his hand. "Chinouk, this will make you a little bit more relaxed and ease the pain a bit okay?" he tells me as he injects it into my bad arm. Right now though, I'm in so much pain that anything more is just void, so I really can't feel when he injects it. Liam then starts taking my vitals and everything while we wait for the medicine to kick in. A few minutes later, I feel a numbing sensation go through that arm, and it eases the pain a lot, but not enough to completely erase it. Harry then walks over with an oxygen tube, "This is some laughing gas as well as some oxygen. It's going to help you breathe and keep you calm as we put your arm back in place", he tells me as he puts the mask over my face. I breathe in the medicine and oxygen, and pretty soon, I'm feeling pretty good and in very minimal amounts of pain. Once I'm not in so much pain, Harry gently grabs my arm, feeling around to see where my socket is and where it needs to go, and then with one quick lurch on my arm, he puts it back in the socket. I cry out in pain, even though they've given me as much painkillers as they can. Niall continues to hold me through it all, and soon, I'm calm enough and relaxed enough for them to continue. "I'm sorry that I had to do that love. I don't like seeing you in pain, but it had to be done to make you feel better", Harry says as he gives me a gentle hug, and Liam gets the x-ray machine ready to see if I really did break my arm or what else I've done to it.

Once they take the x-rays, they see that I've not broken it, just sprained it, but they put it in a cast anyway because they know me and know that if they would just wrap it up, then I'd still use it and it'd never heal. This way, I'm forced to let it heal correctly, and it will heal quicker. "If everything goes well and you do you physical therapy right, then you should only be out of gymnastics for about a month at the most. You may have to take it a bit easier, but everything will be okay", Liam tells me as he helps put my arm in a sling and gives me a gentle hug. I turn to all three guys and say, "Thank you so much for taking care of me. Niall, I'm so glad that I have you as a brother, and I know that you have my back, just as I have yours. Liam, Harry, even though you aren't my brothers by blood, you are still part of our family, and always will be. I love you all". We end up in one huge group hug, and only let go when Niall's phone goes off.

He picks it up and his eyes get wide. "Shut up! Really! OMG! That's amazing, thank you!" he says to whoever's on the phone, then hangs up. We look at him with confused expressions on our faces, and he turns to us. "Chinouk that was your coach. He said that even though you didn't get to finish your beam routine, since you did so well in the other routines, your scores were able to land you a spot on the Olympic team! He said that they know what happened, and there's enough time till the Olympics that you can heal correctly, and still train for the team!" he tells me this, and I am literally at a loss for words. I made the Olympic team?! I end up just screaming, and they all put their hands over their ears to muffle the sound. Louis comes running in with a nerf gun in his hands, ready to shoot. "What's wrong? What happened?" he asks and we all laugh and tell him the good news. He congratulates me and teases, "Well, we know one thing if they ever have screaming as a sport, she'll definitely make the team". We all laugh and decide that we are all going to go out for Nando's to celebrate. I may have a long and hard road ahead of me, but I know that with these guys on my side, I can do anything.