Imagine for -perfectlyimperfect_ (5SOS)

Georgia's POV:

I'm on my way home from work, listening to some music and reading twitter on my phone, when out of nowhere, a guy with a black mask jumps out at me and points a gun at me. "Give me your purse, and no one get's hurt!" he yells as I scream and try to run away. The guy grabs me from behind and says, "I'm serious lady!", and he starts beating me up. I try to fight out of his grasp, and I do for a minute, only to hear a gunshot go off behind me and to feel a burning pain go through my abdomen. I look down and I can see a red spot growing. Soon the world starts to look a little blurry, and I see the guy grab my things, and run off, too afraid of getting caught to call for help. I start to see blackness overcome my vision and all I can think is, "I love you Luke", before I pass out.

Ashton's POV:

I just got off work and am now on my way home. I'm a nurse at the local hospital down the street. On my way home, I hear a gunshot go off not too far from where I am, and I go running towards it. I turn the corner and I see a guy running off and a girl laying on the ground with blood gushing out of her abdomen. I immediately recognize her as Luke's girlfriend, and I call it in as I start assessing the situation. "Hi, I'm on Orange Street. There has been a shooting. Young woman shot in the abdomen, losing blood quickly. She's unconscious, probably from shock and/or blood loss. I'm going to need an ambulance here ASAP", I tell the dispatcher and take off my jacket to apply pressure and try to stop the bleeding. I use one hand to hold the my jacket on her wound, and the other goes to her neck to hopefully find a pulse.

I can feel a weak, but very there pulse, and I know that if the paramedics don't get here soon, then she's going to die. I then start looking to see what other injuries she has, and see that her leg looks broken, she has quite a bit of bruising that's spreading quickly, as well as what looks to be some broken ribs. "Wow, that guy did quite a bit of damage to her", I think to myself, just as the ambulance and the paramedics drive up. "I'm going to need a lot of gauze here to pack around this wound, as well as I need an IV in her now!" I yell out to them and they hand me a whole roll of gauze, and as I pack her wound, they get an IV started in which they give her something to help her blood clot better. We then immobilize her, so that she won't further hurt herself, and load her up into the ambulance. On our way to the hospital that I just came from, I pull out my phone and send Luke a text. "I'm coming in with your girl. She's been shot. Be ready", and send it off.

Luke's POV:

I'm doing my rounds, checking on patients and making sure that they are all okay, when I get a text from Ashton. "I thought he went home already", I think to myself and open it up. I see the text, and my blood goes cold. I drop my phone and I run down to the ER, ready to help save my girlfriend's life. You see, Georgia and I have been dating for about 3 years now, and I was just about to ask her to marry me this summer when we went up to her family's summer house. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my days with her in my arms. I want to wake up and have her be the first thing that I see. I want to raise a family with her and love her until my last breath. I can't let her die. No, it's not going to happen. I will save her and we will live happily ever after.

When I get down to the ER, I see Calum and Michael waiting there, fully scrubbed in surgical gowns and gloves. They see me and they know that I know who's coming in. "Luke, maybe you should sit this one out?" Michael says as he tries to get me not involved. I shake my head no, and they just shrug their shoulders, and we wait.

Not even 2 minutes later, paramedics come flying in with Georgia on a gurney. "Young woman, gunshot wound, multiple broken ribs, and leg, possible concussion, and major blood loss. Put an IV on route and gave her something to help her blood clot, as well as some pain meds", one of the paramedics shouts out, and we all go into action. Calum gets to work getting images of her bones, using a portable x-ray machine, and he sets her ribs and leg, then wraps them up in gauze and a cast so that they can't do further damage to her. As he does this, Michael starts checking her pupils to see if they dilate correctly, and gets a cat scan of her brain to make sure that she has no brain bleeds or damage. "Pupils are reactive, and dilating correctly. Just a minor concussion. No need for surgery", he tells us and I sigh in relief.

However, Georgia's not out of the woods just yet. Her abdomen is a mess of tears and bloody gore. "She's going to need surgery for this", I yell out and we quickly roll her into an operating room. I start fixing and stitching all the tears that the bullet tore through, as well as stop the bleeding. Once I get everything under control, I close her up and we wheel her into a room. I then take a seat next to her and take her hand in mine. I give it a squeeze and bring it to my lips and kiss her tiny hands. Tears start to flow down my face, as all I can do is hope that she's okay as I listen to her heart beat through the monitor. "Georgie, please don't leave me. I need you here. I need to hear you voice tell me that I'm a horrible cook. I need to know that you love me just as much as I love you, and I need you to know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want us to grow old together and to raise a family and experience life as it comes. You can't leave me because you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I would be nothing without you", I tell her as I pour my heart out to her, hoping that it's enough to make her wake up, but all I get is the steady sound of her heartbeat as she is still passed out. I continue to hold her hand and end up crying myself to sleep.

Georgia's POV:

I wake up in a room unfamiliar to me, with Luke holding my hand tightly in his while he's fast asleep in a chair by my bed. I look around and see that I'm in a hospital, and the day's events hit me and my heart starts to race. I almost died! Then I vaguely remember hearing Luke's voice as I slept. I remember hearing that he loves me and wants to start a life with me, just as much as I want to start a life with him. My increased heartbeat wakes Luke up, and once he sees that I'm awake, he jumps up and gives me a bone-crushing hug. "Georgie! Thank God that you're okay! I was so worried! Never do that to me ever again! I can't take loosing you!" he tells me through tears rolling down his face and I hug him back and say, "Luke, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere".

We continue hugging and cuddling with each other until I say, "Luke? Did you mean it? Did you really mean that you said about starting a life with me?" He looks up at me and tells me, "Yes, of course I meant every word that I said. I was going to do this this summer, but I think this is a better time". He then gets off the bed, gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring. "Georgia, I love you with all my heart. Please never leave me, and be my wife?" I start crying tears of happiness and nod my head yes. Luke puts the ring on my finger and leans in to give me a passionate kiss. We break apart and look into each others eyes, knowing that we would be lost without each other. Luke curls up next to me again, and for the rest of my time at the hospital he takes care of me, and as soon as I'm allowed out of the hospital, he takes me home and all we do is cuddle for a day, enjoying finally being able to just be in each other's arms, and knowing that each other is safe.