Imagine for AllieKat929 (1D)

Liam's POV:

I'm at work at the clinic where me and my friends are doctors, looking at some of the charts and going over who needs what for their next appointments. I look though the pile of folders in front of me and notice that my girlfriend Allie's chart was in there. This makes me curious, so I open the folder and see what she needs done. As I'm reading her chart, dread overcomes me. It's not that she needs something major, because she just needs a spinal tap and blood test, but she's terrified of both. I already know that it's going to be a pain to get her to agree to do this, and near impossible without her freaking out. I call over my friends Harry, Louis, and Niall, who work with me, and show them Allie's chart. They know just how terrified Allie gets with spinal taps and blood tests, and know the complications that will arise as soon as she figures out what's happening. We come up with a plan to help her overcome this, and then lock up for the day, already knowing that tomorrow will be a hard one.

I drive home and see my beautiful girlfriend of 2 years, Allie, making dinner when I walk through the door. I come up behind her and wrap my arms around her and kiss the back of her neck. She leans into me and turns her head just a bit so that we can kiss. "Mmm, Hi babe. How was your day?" Allie asks and I don't want to scare her, so I don't tell her what she needs done, or at least not yet anyway. Instead I say, "Good hun. I missed you though", and give her another kiss, then help her finish making dinner. We eat dinner and curl up on the couch, her laying on top of me, watching TV. I decide that it may not be the perfect time, but no time would be, so I tell Allie about the blood test and spinal tap. "Hun, I was looking at some charts today, and it said that you need a blood test and spinal tap done. I set up an appointment for tomorrow to do it with the other guys", I tell her, trying to keep a calm, nonchalant voice to not make her worry too much.

However, when she hears this, tears start to form and I can see her starting to hyperventilate. "Hun, I know you're scared, but you need to calm down. There's nothing to worry about. I will be with you the whole time, and you know that the guys would never hurt you", I say calmly while rubbing soothing circles into her back and shoulders, trying to calm her down, but nothing's helping. Soon her breathing gets to the point that I know if she doesn't settle down, then she'll hyperventilate and pass out. I decide that the best course of action at the moment to help her breathing settle would be to kiss her, because when you kiss, you have to hold your breath and that helps your heart rate from spiking too fast(AN/ Teen Wolf reference ;) ). I gently kiss her lips, and I can feel herself slowly settle down and her breathing get back to normal. "Thanks", she says in a breathy voice, and we continue to kiss. After a few minutes, we stop kissing and just cuddle in each other's arms. Allie falls asleep in my arms, too tired after what just happened, and I pick her up bridal style and carry her to bed. I tell her good night and kiss her forehead, then fall asleep with her in my arms.

Allie's POV:

I wake up the next morning in Liam's arms and remember what he said I would have to get done today. Just thinking about it, makes me nervous and scared, and I start shaking in fear. I think Liam feels my tremors and he wakes up. He sees the fear in my eyes and pulls me closer to him. "Shh, you're alright. Everything will be okay hun. Why don't I make us some breakfast, and then we can cuddle for a bit until we have to leave", he asks me and I shyly nod my head. He lifts me up bridal style and carries me down to the couch, where he sets me down, then goes to make breakfast for us. He makes some eggs and toast with some fruit, saying, "You're going to need some sugars and proteins in you for today", as he gives me a kiss on the forehead. We then cuddle for a little bit, until we have to get ready. He helps me get ready and drives us over to the clinic him and the boys own.

When we get there, Liam helps me out of the car, and takes my hand firmly in his, as a way of comfort as well as a way to make sure that I don't try to run. We walk in and Niall is waiting for us at the front area. "Hey Allie, let's get you ready to go", he says, and Liam and I follow him. I turn to Liam as we are walking back and whimper and give him a look of fear. Liam pulls me closer to him and kisses my head. "You're going to be fine hun. I'm going to be right here with you the whole time. I won't let anything bad happen to you", he whispers in my ear, and instantly it make me feel better. You're lead to a room, where you see Harry and Louis already there, with all the supplies ready, but you can't see the syringes yet. "Hi Allie, why don't you lay down here, and we'll get started", Louis suggests and you lay down face first on the bed, with Liam still holding your hand, sitting right next to you in a chair. "Okay Allie, what we are going to do today is a spinal tap and blood test to make sure that you don't have any diseases. Louis is going to do the blood test, while I'm going to do the spinal tap. We can either do it separately or all at the same time. Which would you prefer?" Harry explains to me and I answer saying, "All at once please. That way it gets done faster". They all nod and start to get to work. They glove up and I feel something being rubbed on my back. "I'm just rubbing a bit of numbing gel on your back right now, so that you won't feel the injection go in. Nothing to be afraid of", Niall explains as Liam whispers how good I'm doing and how proud he is of me in my ear.

Once Niall is done, I see Harry move behind me and Louis move to my side. "Allie, I'm going to insert the sharp now. If it hurts, squeeze Liam's hand. It should only take a few minutes before I'm done", Harry tells me and I grip Liam hand more securely in mine. Harry slowly inserts the sharp into my back and it does hurt. I whimper in pain and grab Liam's hand even tighter, closing my eyes and trying to breathe through it. "Allie, I'm going to do the blood test now. You should only feel a small prick, if that", Louis tells me as he ties something around my arm and taps it to find a vein, while Harry is still doing the spinal tap. I feel Louis insert the syringe, but it doesn't really hurt because the spinal tap is all that I can focus on. Liam continues to comfort me by holding my hand and rubbing my shoulder and kissing my head, and whispering encouragement in my ear. "Hun, you're doing so well. I love you so much. You're almost done", Liam says as he kisses my closed eyes, and I concentrate on his words, trying to drown out the pain in my back.

A few moments later, Harry pulls the sharp back out and quickly bandages it. "Okay Allie, it looks good, so you're free to go", he says. At the mention of this, Liam pulls me into his arms and hugs me as they let me rest a bit after everything that happened. I don't even realize that I've started crying until I feel Liam's thumbs wipe the tears under my eyes. "You're okay hun. Everything's okay now. I've got you". Liam says as he continues to hug me and pets my hair. Pretty soon, I feel really tired and I close my eyes. "Go to sleep hun. You're safe in my arms", Liam says as he give me a kiss on my forehead. I curl up closer to him and close my eyes and fall asleep, knowing that Liam will take good care of me.