Imagine for Narry4Life22 (1D)

Kristyn's POV:

I'm watching my husband Niall dribbling the soccer ball (or as he's always trying to correct me, the football) down the field. Right now, he's trying to teach our three year old daughter Kaylyn how to play the sport that he loves so much, but can't play himself because of his knee injuries. I was a little worried at first when he told me he was going to be teaching our daughter soccer, but once I saw how happy both of them were on the field, I couldn't help but smile. "Come on Kaylyn, you can do it! Just shoot it in the net", I hear Niall encourage to our daughter as she kicks the ball in the net. "Yay! And the crowd goes wild!" Niall yells happily, picking Kaylyn up and spinning her in his arms in praise and happiness. Kaylyn smiles and giggles as her daddy continues to jump around the field with her in his arms.

Niall puts Kaylyn down and looks up at me and says, "Kristyn, babe, watch me!" He then goes to kick the soccer ball as hard as he can into the net. However he misses and falls forward right on his bad knee. A scream and a pop is heard by Niall as pain shoots down his leg. I go running over to him, picking up Kaylyn along the way. I reach Niall and I can already see his knee swelling and turning a purple color, and I already know that that's not good. I'm not a doctor, but my brother Liam is, so I dial his number, hoping that he'll answer.

Finally after the third ring, Liam answers. "Kristyn? What's wrong? You don't usually call me on my work phone. Is everything alright? Is Kaylyn alright?!" Liam asks in a panic, and I quickly explain what's wrong. "Li, calm down. Kaylyn is fine, but Niall just fell on his knee while teaching Kaylyn how to play soccer and now it's swollen and purple. I don't know what to do!" I tell him trying to stay calm, but failing miserably. "Kris, everything will be okay. I'm calling an ambulance to come get you, Niall, and Kaylyn so that I can take a look at how bad Niall's leg is. At this point, try to not move his leg at all as it could make the damage worse, and try to keep him and Kaylyn calm. Right now, he's in a lot of pain, and he needs you", Liam says and I nod into the phone and put on a brave face in order to help my husband out. We hang up and I go to trying to keep Niall as calm as possible.

I take Niall's hand in mine, and instantly Niall squeezes it to help with the pain a bit. From the amount of pressure that he's squeezing, I know he's in a lot of pain. "Babe, everything's going to be okay. I called Liam and he's sending someone to come get us so that he can take a look at your leg. Just try to stay still for me", I say as calmly as I can and start while stroking my fingers through his hair to calm him down. Ever since we were first dating, Niall has always loved his hair stroked and it's always been something that I do to help him calm down after a bad day or something like that. Niall curls toward my hand, already feeling soothed from my fingers in his hair, and Kaylyn speaks up. "Momma, daddy hwrt?" she says and starts crying. "Oh baby girl, daddy's going to be okay. We are going to take him to see uncle Li and uncle Li will make him all better", I tell our three year old daughter and pull her close to cuddle with her.

At that moment, I hear sirens coming, and I see the ambulance drive up to the field. Two of Niall's and Liam's best friends, Harry and Louis come running out with a stretcher. They come over and Louis teases, "Ni, did you forget how to play football already? You know you're supposed to kick the ball into the net, not miss and fall down. Falling down is Harry's job". Harry sticks his tongue out at Lou while inserting an IV into Niall's arm and a brace on his leg so that he won't damage it any further. Once the brace is on, Harry and Louis lift Niall onto the stretcher and Kaylyn and I follow them in the ambulance.

Along the way to the hospital, Harry is distracting Kaylyn while Louis is taking Niall's vitals and I'm holding Niall's hand to help him stay calm. We get to the hospital and I see Liam waiting for us right outside the ambulance. "Hey Li. I know it's not the best situation to see you, but I missed you", I tell him as we give each other a hug and Harry and Louis get Niall out of the back of the ambulance. Harry hands me Kaylyn, while Liam pushes Niall to one of the rooms. "Okay Ni, where exactly does it hurt buddy?" he asks in a kind tone while Kaylyn and I follow behind. Niall tells him exactly where it hurts, and Liam gets a worried look on his face. "Ni, I know you're not going to like this, but it sounds like you tore your ACL. I'm going to get an x-ray and MRI to be sure, but you're probably going to need surgery to fix it", Liam tells him sadly. Niall starts to cry, so I ask Liam if he could take Kaylyn while Niall and I talk for a bit. Liam agrees as he loves his little niece and leaves the room with Kaylyn in his arms already playing iron man with her and holding her like a super hero.

Once Liam and Kaylyn are out of the room, I look at Niall and it pains me to see him this sad and hurt. I love him to the moon and back, and if I could, I would switch places with him so he didn't hurt. Niall continues to cry from pain and fear so I get on his bed and hold him in my arms. I pet his head, and continue to hold him until he's finally calmed down enough to talk. "Babe, I love you so much, and I hate seeing you in so much pain. You have to relax though so that Liam can make you better", I tell him and kiss his temple to soothe him. "I know, I'm just scared. This is the second time I'm going to need knee surgery, and I'm worried that after this I won't be able to walk. I mean, who's going to teach Kaylyn how to play football if I can't walk?! How will I get around? I'm scared Kristyn", Niall admits to me, and I pull him closer to me and rub his back. "Babe, Kaylyn will learn soccer. If it's not by you, then by Louis, Liam, or Harry. With the amount of people going to be teaching that girl how to play, she's going to be the next Mia Hamm!" I joke to Niall and he chuckles a bit in my arms. "And you know that Liam is only doing this because he knows that it will help you. He'd never intentionally hurt you. And I know you. You're not going to let yourself not be able to walk. You're going to push yourself as much as you can in order to be able to walk again, just like last time, because that's the type of person you are. You don't give up, and you don't let anything drag you down", I tell him, looking directly into his eyes and giving him a kiss on the lips.

Once Niall calmed down a bit, I call Liam back in. Liam comes back in with Kaylyn on his shoulders laughing. "Kaylyn, are you a happy girl?" I ask, already knowing that Liam probably spoiled her as he loves spoiling her, and wondering how much candy he gave her. She laughs and nods her head as Liam carefully brings her down from his shoulders and hands her off to me. He then turns to Niall and asks, "Ni, you ready bro?" Niall looks to me and I nod my head in encouragement, and Niall tells Liam he's ready. Liam takes Niall to get the x-rays and MRI needed to confirm the diagnosis, then comes back with the diagnosis. "Ni, it looks like I was right. You will need surgery to fix your ACL. I'm sorry bud, but I'm going to get you prepped for surgery and then we'll go down to the operating room to get this fixed", Liam tells us and gets Niall prepped.

Right before Liam's about to take Niall down, I lean over and give him a kiss good luck, as does Kaylyn. "Lov wu daddy", Kaylyn tells him and gently kisses his knee. We aww at how precious she is and then we head off to the waiting room as Liam and Niall head off to the operating room.

Three hours later, Liam comes out and sees me with a sleeping Kaylyn in my arms. He comes over and tells us, "Niall's surgery went well. I re-attached his ligaments to the femur and tibia, and he should be waking up soon. He'll probably be in pain for a few months, as well as he'll need a lot of physical therapy in order to walk, but he should be okay". "Thanks Li. You're the best brother a girl could ask for", I tell him and give him a hug, being careful to not wake up Kaylyn. We then head on back to Niall's recovery room, and Niall's just starting to wake up. I see his bright blue eyes and say, "Hey babe. How are you feeling?" "I'm sore, and tired, but good. Can I see Kaylyn?" he asks and I gently lay Kaylyn next to him in bed. He holds our little girl in his arms, and she curls into him, already knowing that she's in her daddy's safe and strong arms. "I'm going to get better. I'm going to walk and run and teach you football. I promise, I'm going to do it all for you baby girl", he tells Kaylyn's sleeping form as he leans down and gives her a kiss on the forehead, then opens his arms for me. I curl into his arms, and together we all fall asleep.

A few months later:

Niall has been slowly but steadily working up to this moment. The past few months have been hard with the physical therapy and the pain that Niall has been in, but he's worked harder than ever to walk. Even the physical therapist said that he's never seen someone so determined to walk and heal so nicely. Niall still has to wear a knee brace, but he's about to surprise our daughter at her pre-school by picking her up without using his crutches. For the past few months, he wasn't able to pick Kaylyn up from pre-school because it was too crowded with all the other kids running around to maneuver around with his crutches, so it's going to be a treat for her to see her daddy waiting for her. I'm waiting in the car, and soon I can see Kaylyn running up and Niall picking her up and swinging her around. I smile at how cute they are, and soon Niall brings her to the car. "Hi baby girl. Was that a good surprise?" I ask Kaylyn and she has the biggest grin on her face as she nods her head. "Daddy awwl bedder! Unka Li make him awwl bedder!" Niall and I smile at how adorable our little girl is, and then head home, already knowing that everything's going to go back to how it was.