Imagine for amcl_5sos (5SOS)

Calum's POV:

I'm starting to get really worried about Kristen. She's been sick and has had a fever for a week now, and it's only gotten worse. First it was just a high fever for two days, then it was stomach and body aches, for another few days, and now it's gotten to the point that she's in so much pain from her headache, as well as other aches and fever that she won't move from a ball on the couch. I mean, yes I'm a doctor, but even I can only do so much, and I know that Kristen is terrified of doctors, so I've been trying to evade that topic, but if it doesn't get better in the next few hours, then I'm going to have to resort to bringing her to the hospital that my friends and I work at, and take care of her there.

It's now been three hours since I last checked Kristen, and she needs some more medicine, so I go upstairs to our room to check on her, but all I see is her crying in bed, and her curled up in pain. "Kris, what hurts? You have to tell me so that I can help you love", I say as I get down on my knees to look her in the eyes. "Cal, it hurts. Everything hurts. What's wrong with me?" she cries out, and my heart breaks into a million pieces, seeing her in this much pain. "Love, I don't know yet, but I'm bringing you to the hospital where we can figure it out there", I say as I try to gently pick her up, but she starts squirming and fighting me. "Cal! No, I don't want to go to the hospital! Why can't you just take care of me here? I trust you to not hurt me here, but I don't like the hospital", she says to me in a panic. "I'm sorry love, but this is the only way for me to find out what's wrong with you. Don't worry, I'll be there for you the whole time and I'll be the one helping you. You can only get better if you let me see what's wrong, and let me fix it", I tell her and gently pick her up since she's exhausted herself so much from the small amount of energy she used up to squirm a few moments before. I gingerly start walking with her in my arms to the car, and gently place her down in the seat, careful of her aches and pains. I give her a kiss on the forehead and tell her, "I love you so much, and I just want you to be healthy and not in pain anymore".

I drive us to the hospital that I work at, and carry her in. I'm placing her in a wheel chair when Ashton sees me. "Hey Calum, what brings you here? I thought you took the week off?" he asks me, and I respond, "I did, but Kristen here is really sick, and I'm worried that somethings wrong. I'm going to do a quick check up and see what's going on and figure out the diagnosis for her illness". "Of course mate, room 3 is open right now, why don't you take her in there?" he tells me and I nod in thanks. I bring Kristen into the room, and set her down on the bed. "Okay Kristen, I'm just going to do a quick check up to see what's wrong", I tell her as I put my stethoscope buds in my ears and I listen to her breathing. I then look at her eyes, ears, nose, and throat, and take her temperature.

Once I've done those, I've come to a conclusion that it's mono. I know that Kristen won't like this, because the only way to get rid of mono, is to get 3 shots, and lots of rest. I quickly leave the room and grab the shot to make her better, then go back into the room. "Hey Kris, I know you won't like this, but you have mono, and the only way to cure it is with a shot", I tell her as I try to comfort her by giving her a hug. But, as soon as I tell her there's a shot involved, she of course starts to freak out. "Kristen, love, everything will be okay. It will only take a minute, then we can go home and cuddle on the couch for the rest of the night", I tell her, but it doesn't work. I end up basically having to put her over my knee, pull down her pants a little, and quickly jab it into her butt.

As soon as I've done that, I dress her again, and bring her into my arms, being especially careful of her sore behind, and cuddle her, trying to soothe the fear and pain from her. "Shh love, you're okay. I've got you. Nothing's going to happen to you, I love you too much to let anything happen to you", I tell her and slowly, Kristen settles down and she soon falls asleep in my arms. I lift her into my arms gently, grab the other two shots and supplies I'll need for later on, and bring her home so that she can rest and hopefully get better. As I'm tucking her in, I know that the next few days are going to be a pain. The thing is, with mono, there's not just one shot, but 3 that you need to get better. I've decided that instead of going to the hospital again though, that I'd just do it here, in the safety of our house, where I can help Kristen through it. I finish tucking her in, and lay down next to her, bringing her into my arms gently, and holding her tightly, where we both fall asleep.

The next morning, I get up, and make Kristen and I some breakfast. I made us some eggs and toast, and bring it up to her. When I get into the room, Kristen is already awake and sitting up, but looking like she's in a lot of pain. I set the food down and go over to her worried and ask, "Love, are you all right? What hurts?" She responds and tells me she aches all over and it's really cold. I feel her forehead, and instantly know that she has a fever by how hot her skin is. I decide to give her the second shot that she'll need, and leave to go grab it from my doctor bag downstairs. When I come back up, Kristen is visibly shaking under the covers from how high her fever is. I go over to her, with the shot in hand, and go to give it to her, but she sees it and moves away from me. "Calum, no! That really hurt last time! Not again!" she whines out, and tries to run, but she literally has no energy left to run. I put the needle down for a second and pull her in for a hug. "Kristen, this is only going to make you feel better. You need it. It will only hurt for a second, then we can watch some TV together and snuggle up again, just like last time", I explain to her, but she still is trying to get out of my arms. I end up having to do the same thing as last time, and have her bent over me, and quickly jab it into her butt, then hold her against my chest, and let her snuggle up, letting my heartbeat soothe her, as she falls asleep in my arms again.

I let her sleep for a the rest of the day, carefully watching to make sure that no other symptoms arise with her, but it seems like she's starting to get better. Her fever broke an hour ago, and she's starting to get some color back into her cheeks. I still have to give her one more shot later tonight, just to be on the safe side though. I think to myself, "If it's been this hard to give her the shot when she's been this sick, then it's going to be near impossible to give it to her when she's almost completely better", and decide to give Luke, Ashton, and Michael a call to see if they can come over and give me a hand. I call them and they all say that they can come over and help, and that I'd better have some food for them for their help. I laugh and tell them that, yes, I'll get some pizzas for dinner and after dinner we'll give Kristen her final shots.

A few hours later, the guys come over right when the pizzas arrive. I go wake up Kristen while they quickly scarf down the greasy foods. "Kris, love, you have to wake up. You've slept the whole day. Now I have to give you the medicine to make you better", I tell her as I engulf her in my arms, and carry her downstairs. "Cal, I'm tired. Just let me sleep please babe", she tells me. "Sorry love, you need one final dose of medicine to help cure you of this illness", I tell her and the words finally sink in. She finally realizes that she has to have another shot, and she starts squirming and trying to get out of my arms. "Calum, let me go! I need to leave! Please!" she pleads with me, but I hold on and bring her downstairs and set her gently on the couch. As soon as I do, she tries to run, but Luke gets a hold on her and turns her over and has her lay down with him holding her wrists. She starts kicking, but Michael sits on her legs, while Ashton goes to get the supplies and I try to comfort her. "Love, this is going to make you better. It will only take a moment, and then you'll be done completely. Please, don't fight us on this. We only want what's best for you", I tell her as Ashton hands me the shot, and I pull down her pants just enough to stick the needle into her butt muscle. I know this one hurts more, because it has to stay in a little bit longer that the other ones, and Kristen starts to scream and cry in pain and fear. "Cal! It hurts! Please, take it out!" she says and a minute later, I take out the needle.

The guys quickly let go of her, and I bring her into my arms gently. "There, all done. Now just rest and you'll get better soon", I tell her and her head slowly drops onto my chest, and she soon falls asleep, too exhausted and worn out to stay awake any longer. I hold her closer, tell the guys thanks as they leave, and bring her up to our room, where we sleep together warm and safe in each other's arms.