Imagine for poprocks77 (5SOS)

Trigger warning! Talk of anorexia, anxiety attacks, schitzophrenia (hearing voices), and negative thoughts on themselves! Please if this is going to trigger you, don't read it, and please keep in mind that these are serious illnesses that need to be taken seriously. The person that requested it wanted to "spread a message, which is to take mental disorders like an actual illness, and not just feeling sad", because she noticed that people don't take them seriously anymore, and i'm honored to have written something that can help do that. 

Sarah's POV:

I'm sitting on my bed, trying to calm myself down and stop the voice that's telling me that I'm fat and worthless. I already know that, so I don't need a voice in my head to tell me what I already know. "Come on Sarah, you need to stop eating like a pig, and start exercising more to get rid of all that gross fat that's on you. You'll never be as pretty as those other girls, and you know it", the voice in my head tells me and I can't take it anymore. "Stop it!" I yell at the top of my lungs, and a few seconds later I can hear loud banging footsteps outside my door and my brother, Calum's voice saying, "Sarah, I heard you scream. Are you okay love?" I panic for a moment because I don't want my brother to know that I hear bad voices in my head that tells me to lose weight. That along with the fact that I hate asking for help from others because I don't want to be a bother to them, makes me start to go into a full blown panic attack. My breathing starts to come out as wheezes, and I start to cry.

I think Calum can hear my sobs though, because soon I can hear him open my door and come in. He sees me curled up in my bed, and he starts to panic. "Sara! What's wrong love? Does something hurt?" he asks in a worried voice as he grabs my wrist and starts checking my pulse. You see, Calum is a pediatrician, and so when he sees that I'm hurt or in pain, he goes into protective doctor mode, which I hate. It's not that I don't like doctors, I just hate how protective he gets. Calum feels how fast my heartbeat is going, and soon I feel him lifting me up onto his lap as his arms go around me trying to comfort me and get my heart rate down. "Shh, Sarah, everything's going to be okay. You're perfectly safe, I just need you to calm down for me. Can you do that for me love?" he asks, but I really can't. The more he's trying to help me, the worse I feel, and the more I panic. "Cal, I can't", I say, and then all I remember is darkness.

Calum's POV:

I hear my little sister Sarah yell out something from her room and I immediately run up to see what's wrong. I know that Sarah has a few things that she's not willing to tell me about, but based on what I've observed, I can kind of tell that she has major difficulties with it. I figure that when she wants to tell me, she will and she knows that I'll be there for her. Or at least I hope she knows that.

I get to her room and I ask her if she's okay. I get no response, but I can hear her sobbing, so of course I think the worst and I barge into her room. I'm expecting to see blood or things broken or something, so as soon as I'm in the room, I yell out and kind of go into a bit of a panic. However, once I take in everything, all I can see is Sara curled up on her bed and sobbing her eyes out. She looks so tiny and broken, that all I want to do is put her pieces back together and make her happy again.

I go over to her and take her wrist in my hand to see how fast it's going, and when I feel just how fast it is, I know that she's either in a lot of pain or extremely scared. I decide that she's probably scared, as she hasn't cried out in pain or anything yet, and I pick her up in my arms and curl her into my chest to try to help her calm down. I notice just how tiny she is, and I'm instantly worried for her health as she's way too tiny for her size and age, but I first have to calm her down before I can deal with any of that. I try to get her to calm down by telling her that she's safe and reminding her to breathe, but all I get in response is, "Cal, I can't", before she faints in my arms from not getting enough oxygen to her brain.