Imagine for mybaeisnialler (5SOS)

Hannah's POV:

I'm so excited! My brother Luke and I are on our way to the beach, and I can't wait to see the nice cooling water, especially since it's roasting outside. When we get to the beach, we see that it's really crowded, but we find a nice place to put our things down and set up camp. "Race you to the water!" Luke yells and starts to run into the water. "No fair! You're like a giant with your long legs. There's no way that I can keep up with you!" I yell back as I sprint after him. I reach the water and run in full sprint, but don't see Luke anywhere. Out of nowhere, Luke jumps out of the water and tackles me. I quickly hold my breath as he pushes me down. Soon, he helps me up, both of us laughing and splashing each other. We continue to mess around and swim, careful of the currents and riptides, and after a few hours we decide to head back home.

When we get home, Luke gets a shower first, while I help by making dinner for us, since our parents are away at the moment for work. While I was making dinner, I notice that my ear starts hurting really badly. I try to shake it out, but that only makes it worse. Luke comes down at that moment and sees me shaking my ear. "Is something wrong with your ear Hannah?" he questions and I tell him, "Yeah, um my ear hurts" "It's probably just some sea water got stuck in there. Why don't you got get a shower and try to get it out, while I finish making dinner", he calmly tells me and I nod my head. I go upstairs and get a shower, being extra thorough with my ear. I then get changed into comfy pajamas and go back down stairs to see that Luke finished making dinner. We eat and after, I curl up in his lap while we watch some TV. Pretty soon, I feel really tired, so I tell Luke, "Good night bro. I'm going to bed now", as I give him a hug goodnight. He reciprocated the hug and tells me, "Good night little sis. Get some rest". I get in bed, but my ear hurts too bad still, so I go get some painkillers to help me get to sleep. After a few minutes, the painkillers kick in and I fall asleep easily.

The next morning, I wake up to my ear hurting really badly and my face feeling fuzzy. I slowly sit up, but start crying from the pain of it all. I also notice that I'm having a hard time hearing anything out of that ear, when my alarm goes off and I can only hear it with my other ear. This of course makes me freak out, because I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know if I should tell Luke, because then he'll take me to see Ashton, Calum, and Michael, who are all doctors, and I don't want that. I decide that I'll just pretend that its okay, and I get ready for the day.

Once I'm dressed, I head downstairs and see Luke at the table with breakfast in front of him and he's looking at his phone. When he hears me come in, he smiles and hands me my breakfast. "Thanks Luke", I tell him and we eat together. Once we are done, I do the dishes. While I'm doing the dishes though, I feel really sick. I run to the bathroom and reach the toilet quick enough to throw up in it. Luke comes running in and sees me throwing up. He holds my hair back and rubs my shoulders. "Sweetie, what's wrong? Does your ear still hurt?" he asks me and I nod my head as I curl up into his arms like a little child. He holds me gently, and says, "Okay then, let's go see Ashton, Calum, and Michael and see what's going on with your ear". I quickly shake my head no and whimper in fear. "What's wrong sweet? Why are you scared? You know that Ashton, Calum, and Michael would never hurt you", he asks me and I just whimper, too much in pain to say anything else, but fearful of what's wrong with me as well. "Come on sweetheart, let's go", he says and gently carries me out of the bathroom, and to the car.

When we get to Ashton, Calum, and Michael's office, Luke again carries me because by now, I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. We walk in and see Michael standing there. "Hey Luke, Hannah. What's up?" he asks as he can clearly see something's up with me. "Mikey, Hannah's ear has been hurting her for the past day. We went swimming yesterday and when we got home, she was complaining of it hurting. I told her that it was probably nothing, but today, she woke up and it's still hurting her as well as she threw up", he explains to Michael and Mikey pats my shoulder and rubs it and says, "Oh poor Hannah. Let's take a look hun", he tells me with a concerned look on his face. He then turns to Luke and says, "Just bring her back. I'm going to get Ashton and Calum to help", then leaves.

Luke carries me into a room, and lays me down on the bed. I whimper in pain and discomfort, so Luke takes my hand. "I'm sorry I didn't help you sooner sweetheart", he tells me and I can see the guilt behind his eyes. "Luke, it's not your fault. I'm sure it's nothing too serious", I tell him and take his hand. He's just about to respond back, when there's a knock on the door, and soon Ashton, Calum, and Michael walk in. "Hey love, what seems to be the problem?" Calum asks as him and the other boys pull up a chair and my chart. "Um, my ear really hurts and I'm having problems hearing out of it. I also threw up earlier today", I shyly tell them and I can see Ashton writing something as Calum grabs the otoscope. "Okay love, let's see what's going on shall we? Now, I know this will probably hurt, but I need to look inside your ear. Just hold Luke's hand and I'll try to be as fast as I can", he tells me.

Before I can protest, he puts the device in my ear, and it hurts really badly. I scream out and start crying. "Calum! It hurts! Please take it out!" soon, he takes out the device and gives me a hug and comforts me saying, "Shh, love, it's okay". He then explains, "Hannah, you have a really bad ear infection. So bad that it's made your ear canal swell up. That's why it hurts so much and why you're having difficulties hearing out of it. We'll just give you some ear drops and it should clear it all up". I then see Ashton come over with an ear dropper and some medicine. "Can you lay down for me chick?" he asks and I quickly shake my head, too afraid of what's about to happen and whether it will hurt. "Come on love, it will only take a little bit, then you'll feel so much better. All we are going to do is drop some medicine in your ear. It's the only way for it to get better", Calum explains as he sits down next to me and gives me a hug. I look up at Luke and he nods his head, so I slowly lay down, ear facing up. "Okay hun, this will feel cold and it might sting", Ashton tells me as he drops the first drop in. It hurts so much! I start to squirm and fight them off, but between Michael and Calum, they are able to hold me down, Michael sitting on my legs, and Calum holding my head still. Luke has my hands and is trying to calm me down.

Ashton quickly finishes with the drops, and then gives me a hug afterwards. "You did really well Hannah bear", Luke tells me, using my child-hood nickname and taking me in his arms, holding me safely. Michael then hands Luke the rest of my medications that I'll need to take to help my ear get better. Luckily, there's just some pills that I'll have to take, so it shouldn't be too bad. I feel so exhausted now, after all that squirming, that I just lay in Luke's arms and relax, knowing that my brother will take care of me.