Imagine for Directioner_5SOSfo (1D)

Trigger warning for cutting and eating disorders. Please, read carefully.

Louis's POV:

I have the day off, so I'm trying to clean up the house a bit before my daughter Airah comes home from school. So far, I've gotten the kitchen, living room, and my room done, and next up is the bathroom. I start cleaning the bathroom, and I'm just about done, when I see a bunch of bloody tissues and a razor in the garbage. "What the hell?" I think to myself, "What's happened here?" I kind of ignore it a bit, thinking that Airah got a razor cut while shaving. I mean, I'm a single dad, raising a 13 year old girl. I don't know how to teach her how to shave her legs or whatever else they shave.

I head over to Airah's room and start cleaning it. I'm almost done when I see a pack of razors, laying out under her bed with blood all over them. It hits me what she's been doing, and I start crying because I don't know why she would do that. As I'm crying, I hear the door open downstairs and Airah yells, "Dad, I'm home! Dad? Where are you? Da..." She walks through her bedroom door and sees me crying next to the razors. "Sweetie, why would you do this to yourself? What did I do wrong to make you feel so bad that you'd have to cut?" I ask her as I stood up and gave her the biggest hugs in history to try to heal her pain. She starts crying, and saying, "I'm sorry daddy. I'm sorry", and I continue to hug her while whispering, "We'll get through this. We'll get through this together".

Once we both have calmed down a bit, I ask, "Airah? Where did you cut?" She hesitantly shows me her wrists and lifts her shirt up a bit and shows me her stomach. Both her wrists and stomach have massive cuts on them and are starting to look a little infected. "Sweetheart, these are getting infected. I think I have to call Harry over to take a look and see if we have to go to the hospital", I tell her as I gently feel one of the cuts and she winces in pain. Once she hears what might happen, and that she might have to go to the hospital, she starts freaking out. She tries to run away and hide, but I catch her before she can do anything. She's sitting in my arms, kicking and screaming, as I call Harry over to take a look at her cuts. Harry is a family friend. We've known each other since before high school, and have continued that friendship throughout. He's also become a doctor, and has been Airah's and I's family doctor since she was born, and helped me through a lot of struggles, especially when Airah's mom left me. If anyone can help Airah, Harry can.

I call him up and after the third ring, he answers. "Hey Lou, what's up?" he asks. "Hey Hazz, Ugh, I was wondering if you could ugh come on over tonight and ugh check on Airah. I found cuts all over her body, and she's been self ugh harming herself. They look infected though" I say while Airah continues to struggle in my arms to run away and every so often, she would end up jabbing me in the ribs, or kicking me in the knee, or something like that and I would make a noise. "Yeah, I can come over and take a look at her. Um, do you have this on speaker phone?" he asks me. "No, why?" I ask. "I just wanted to make sure that Airah can't hear. I'm going to bring a sedative as well then, since I know that she'll have a hard time sitting still for us, and probably be scared. I'll be over in about twenty or so minutes, I just have to get my supplies. See you then", he tells me, and I say, "Thanks Haz, see you then", and I hang up the phone.

While we wait for Harry to get here, I continue to struggle with Airah in my arms. She may be skinny, but when she wants to be, she is strong. I grab her by the waist a little tighter, and she winces in pain. "Sorry sweetie. I don't like hurting you, and I definitely don't want to make this worse than it is, but you have to let Harry take a look. He's going to help you though, not hurt you", I tell her, but she struggles even more. Pretty soon, Harry uses his key that I gave him years ago, and let's himself in. He walks up to Airah's room, and sees her basically kicking my butt. "Lou, I know it will be hard, but try to hold her as still as possible", he tells me. "Yeah, okay, like I'm not already! Hurry up Haz!" I say and he quickly comes over, and jabs the sedative in her leg, administering the medicine quickly.