Imagine for _youngeliet_ (5SOS)

Calum's POV:

I'm sitting in my classroom, getting everything set up for the day's lesson plans. I teach third grade at Summer Elementary School, and today we are going to learn times tables and multiplications. I'm just setting up everything when one of my students, Kingsley, walks in a little early. "Hi Kingsley, how are you doing today love?" I ask her and she just keeps her head down but nods her head in acknowledgement as she walks to her desk. As she's walking, I notice that she has a limp, as well as she's holding her arm at a funny angle. Now, usually Kingsley is one of my shyer students, so it's not uncommon that she doesn't talk too much, but she's acting kind of strange even for her standards, so I know something's up. "Hey Kingsley, are you feeling okay love?" I ask her as I walk over and gently brush her hair back from her face.

When I do that however, I gasp out from surprise. I can see a huge black eye and tears running down her face. "Kingsley? What happened love? Can you tell me who did this to you? I have to know so that we can get you some help", I tell her in a soft voice as I gently pull her into my arms and try to comfort her broken figure. She just continues to cry in my arms and says, "Mommy and Daddy hurt me". I get my phone out and call my best friends, who happen to be the school nurse and doctors, and try to get them to come over here. "Hey Ash, I have a code orange. Can you come over to my room and see if you can help her?" I ask him and he says he's on his way now. A code orange mean that we have a possible child abuse situation, and there needs to be immediate intervention.

I continue to try to get Kingsley to calm down a bit as I hold her and pet her hair, but nothing seems to do the trick. Pretty soon, Ashton knocks on the door to let us know that he's there, and comes over to where Kingsley and I are. He has a medical bag in one hand, and a teddy bear in the other. Kingsley instantly shy's away from him, so as to not scare Kingsley anymore, Ashton slowly kneels down in front of Kingsley and then shows the teddy bear to her. "Hi Kingsley. My name is Ashton, and this is Bubbles. He's our very brave bear that helps make kids feel better. I know that right now you're probably hurting, so I was hoping that you'd let me and Bubbles take a look and make you feel better", Ashton asks Kingsley, but all she does is curl away from Ashton like she's afraid of him still. "Kingsley, Ashton won't hurt you, I promise. He's more of a teddy bear than Bubbles is. Do you think you could let him help you?" I ask her, and slowly she nods her head and lowers her gaze like she thinks she'll get hurt if she says no.

Ashton hands Kingsley Bubbles to hold as he gets out a pen light and checks to make sure that she doesn't have a concussion first, and that she has no open wounds that need to be taken care of. Once he sees that she doesn't, he gently takes her hand and asks her to follow him. However, when he notices that she's limping, he just gently picks her up and carries her out of the room, all the while Kingsley holds on to that teddy bear like her life depended on it. All that I can hope for now is that Ashton, Luke, and Michael will be able to help her feel better and get her the help that she needs.

Kingsley's POV:

Right now I'm being carried by Ashton as I hold on to Bubbles. I'm in a lot of pain, and I'm really scared, but I don't want to tell anyone that because I don't want to get in more trouble. At home, if I showed pain or started to cry, mommy and daddy would hurt me more. This time they just went a bit too far, and when daddy threw me down the stairs, I felt something happen to my leg and arm, and now they hurt a lot. Ashton brings me to a room and I can see two really tall guys in doctor's coats waiting for us. "Luke, Michael, this is Kingsley. Calum noticed that she was limping and that she was holding her arm at a weird angle, then noticed that she had a black eye and was crying, so he called me to go and get her. She's a bit scared and shy. She's also a code orange", Ashton tells the two guys that I can assume are Luke and Michael.