Imagine for Makynna_O135 (1D)

Kynna's POV:

All day today, I've been really tired and feeling like I have to throw up, but I can't, as well as I can't seem to focus too well. I know that I probably got a concussion when I fell off my horse yesterday, but I'm too afraid to say anything, so I continue to rest and watch TV. I've always been afraid of doctors and all their machines that they use, but no one knows this, not even my brother whom I tell everything to. After an hour of watching TV, I start to get hungry. I go to stand up, but I feel a dizziness overcome me, and I stager away from the couch. I hear my brother Niall, yell out, "Kynna! Kynna! What's wrong?" and it's the last thing I hear before darkness overcomes my sight.

I wake up, I don't know how much later, in the car, where Niall is driving. He looks over and sees that I'm awake and says, "Kynna! I'm so glad you're okay! You fainted. I'm bringing you to the hospital where my friend Harry is going to do a check-up and see why you fainted". When I hear where we are going, I start to freak out. Niall sees this and pulls over to the side of the road. "Kynna, are you in pain? What hurts baby girl? What's wrong?" he asks as he gently pulls me into his arms. I just shake my head and explain, "Ni, I'm afraid of doctors and all their machines. I've always been afraid of doctors. Please don't make me go to the doctors", and I start to cry from the fear. Niall hugs me closer to him and comforts me. "Baby girl, I promise, Harry's really nice and he won't hurt you. I will be with you the whole time, so if you feel scared or if you're in pain, just take my hand and I'll help you through it. Now, can we try to go to the doctors? You really scared me when you fainted, and I want to make sure you're okay", he says and I nod my head. He gives me one more squeeze, and then gets in the driver's seat and we head off to the hospital.

When we get to the hospital, Niall help he out of the seat, being extremely careful that I don't faint again and keeping an arm around my waist to support me. We head inside and he tells a nurse that he has an appointment with a Dr. Harry Styles. The nurse nods her head and goes back to get this mystery doctor out for me. Niall leads me over to a chair and has me sit down while we wait. A few minutes later, a tall doctor with curly brown hair comes out and heads over to us. "Niall, what brings you here?" the doctor asks with a smile on his face. "My little sister fainted earlier today. I was wondering if you could do a check-up on her and make sure nothing's out of the ordinary", Niall tells the doctor- Dr. Harry Styles I'm guessing- and Dr. Styles nods his head. "Yeah, no problem", he then turns to me and asks, "What's your name love, and can you tell me what hurts?" "Um, my name is Kynna. Um, I-I think I m-might have h-hit my h-head yesterday w-when I f-fell off m-my horse", I tell him quietly and Niall turns to me with a sad expression on his face and asks, "Kynna, why didn't you tell me you fell off your horse yesterday?" "I'm s-sorry Ni. I was just s-scared", I tells him and he pulls me closer to him to give me a hug. "Okay, I get it. But please in the future, tell me if you get hurt. This way I can help you through it, just as I will help you through this now. Come on, let's go on back and let Harry see what's wrong", he says as he helps me up and we follow Dr. Styles to a room in the back. Harry has me sit down on a bed, and asks me some questions. "Kynna, does anything else hurt you right now or before?" He asks, and I tell him, "M-my head has been h-hurting, as well as m-my stomach feels l-like it's about to throw up a-and it's kind of-f hard to focus on-n one thing right n-now", I tell him and he nods his head and grabs a light. "Kynna, I think you may have a concussion. I'm going to shine this light and see if your eyes dilate correctly or not. It won't hurt, I'll just be a bit bright. You're going to want to close your eyes, but I'm going to need you to keep them open for me okay", he tells me and shines the light in my eyes. I try to close my eyes, but remember what he told me, and keep them open. He quickly finishes that, and tells me and Niall, "Yeah, she has a concussion. I'd really like it if she got an MRI, just so that we can make sure there's nothing serious or anything going on in her head".

When I hear that, I start to freak out. I don't want an MRI! I've heard that they are scary and dark. I quickly jump off the bed and run away before either of them realize what's happening, and I hide in the women's bathroom, and lock the door. A few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door and Niall's voice. "Kynna! Let me in! Quit acting like a child right now!" I whimper in fear, and curl up on the ground in a small ball and cry my eyes out. I can hear someone else outside the door talking to Niall, but not what they are saying. After about a minute, I hear someone walk away, and I hear a key being inserted into the lock. The door opens and I see Dr. Styles standing in the doorway. He sees me curled in a ball on the ground crying, and comes over to me. He sits next to me and we just sit, until he breaks up the stillness. "You know, Niall only says those things because he loves you. He just wants the best for you, and the best for you right now would be to get the MRI and make sure that your head is okay. I promise, it won't hurt. You'll be able to our voices the whole time and Niall can even hold your hand while it's being done", he tells me. I think about it, but my fear makes it so much worse sounding and I can't get it out of my mind. I whimper again and start to cry even harder. "Kynna, what is making you so scared of it? What can I do to help you get over your fear?" Harry asks me and I just shrug my shoulders. He scoots a little closer and puts a warm arm around me. I curl up to the comforting gesture and pretty soon, I tell him, "It's the fact that I'm going to be alone in one of those machines. I've always been afraid of the doctor's machines and what they can do because they are loud and hurt my ears", I tell him mumbling against his chest. "We can give you ear plugs and make sure that you know that someone is right there with you. We can work with you on your fears and help you through them, just as I'm sure that Niall wants to help you through them as well", he tells me and helps me up.

We walk out of the bathroom, and I can see Niall sitting, waiting for us with a worried expression on his face. When he sees me, a look of relieve floods his face and he runs over to me. "Kynna! I'm so sorry that I got mad at you. I promise that I'll be with you the whole time and we can do this together", he tells me and gives me a hug. I hug him back, but then a wave of dizziness overcomes me again. Harry sees this and has me sit down, as he looks in my eyes and does a quick check-up. "Kenna, it looks like since you were crying so much, you dehydrated yourself. I'm going to give you an IV with some fluids before we do anything else", Dr. Styles says and I whimper in fear again, it being my first ever time that I'll be getting an IV, and all. This time, Niall takes the roll of comforting me as Dr. Styles gets the supplies for the IV. He comes back a few moments later and starts cleaning my hand for the IV. "Close your eyes Kenna, and everything will be alright. I got you. I'm not going to let you go", Niall tells me as he holds me tightly in his arms, letting me know that he has me, and I close my eyes trusting him completely. I feel a sharp pinch, but nothing more. "I'm giving her a bit of a relaxant as well, to help when she has the MRI", Dr. Styles tells us and I can feel it enter my bloodstream. They let the fluids and relaxant continue for the next twenty minutes, and soon, I'm feeling a lot more relaxed and better. Dr. Styles takes the IV out, and says, "Okay Kynna, we're going to bring you down to get the MRI now. You're going to be okay. Here are some ear plugs for you, and Niall will be with you the whole time, holding your hand". I nod my head, still too relaxed by the drugs in my system, and we head on down. They help me into the machine and Niall holds my hand while Harry takes some pictures of my head.

After, Harry comes back and tells us that yes, I do have a concussion, but not one that's too serious. He explains to Niall that I shouldn't do horseback riding for a few weeks, and to wake me up every so often during the night. He then gives him some pills for me to help with my stomach ache, and with the pain in my head. We thank him and he then sends us on our way. On the way home, I tell Niall, "Thank you for helping me through that today. It's nice to know that you have my back". He smiles and looks over at me. "Kynna, I will always have your back. I may get a little mad, but it's only because I love you so much. Now, let's go home and have some Nando's and then we can cuddle and watch some Teen Wolf". I smile and we head on home.